Hotel Skt Petri

Orbitz.com www.choice.no Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• Belsaita's Profile Photo

cool and hype 5-star hotel

I was lucky enough to stay at this hotel for a couple of day during a business meeting. Yes, lucky as the hotels is really good (but I guess you should expect that for a 5-star, right?)

It is a very modern hotel. Maybe too modern I'd say (and I like modern hotels!). But some details as the glass doors on the bathroom (honestly, I like a bit more of intimacy on the shower... it did not matter this time as I was alone!!), or the light cubes used as side tables (very nice-looking but not really functional)... seemed just too "design for design" to me. The decor was perfect, but not warm and welcoming. The beds are fantastic and I did sleep perfectly. But be aware that that first and second floor can be loud and noisy from the bar on the ground floor, better to stay at the upper floors.

Unique Quality: The whole lobby and restaurant area is very nice with great design. Totally trendy as the hotel in general. The food was great, both the breakfast buffet and one lunch we had there. The location is perfect, right in the heart of Copenhagen. However, my favorite hotel in Copenhagen keeps being the Admiral even it's a 4-star. Being at the Skt Petri was a great experience, but 'm glad I was not paying for it.

• rjweber21's Profile Photo

Very Swanky Hotel in Copenhagen

I don't have any real complaints about this place. They have a great bar in the lobby with a friendly staff, and the hotel staff in general, was nothing but helpful. My bag was lost for three days, and the concierge took a copy of the report, so he could call everyday to check to see if there was any progress.

The restaurant was great for breakfast, and I had an OK dinner there one night (enhanced by the conversation I had with a man who may or may not have spent 6 years in a Danish prison). He was not a guest of the hotel.

Unique Quality: Good Location - it seemed like I was close to everything.

• If you can, then you should stay here.

I've just returned home after spending a night here, it was really superb. Very modern, right in the heart of Copenhagen, the room was really clean, food was fantastic, and I have absolutly no problems with this place whatsoever. We stayed in a standard double room, which I reserved on the internet, I phoned to check that we would have a view from our window, and they said that they could upgrade our room so that we could have a terrace. Upon arrival we found that the room & bathroom were wonderful and the terrace was huge! I'd say about 7 square meters. If you need a break, and love modern hotels then i'd say this has to be the place for you. We stayed in room 408. After checking out I also saw Nick Cave checking in, so what more do you need? However this is a five star hotel so it was really pricey, but i'd say worth it.

Directions: City center

• reverb's Profile Photo

Copenhagens Best 5 Star Hotel

Well I can't exactly say that I've stayed here but I am an employee very soon. I have just been hired to work as a bartender here at the Skt.Petri...Talk about a swanky place this is so far out of my budget!! But for those of you whom money is no object then this is the place for you!!

Unique Quality: I fwant it they have it..This place has everything that you could want....Including a great looking bartender....

More about Hotel Skt Petri

Problematic designs at the Skt Petri

Overall, my stay was decent at the Skt Petri but there was nothing spectacular about this so called boutique hotel.

Boasting so heavily on good design...their bathroom was a clear example that this was not the case. Basically, after showering, the entire bathroom would be soaking wet because the shower head was situated in the middle of the shower tub (Tub was sideways, shower head was in the middle) and THERE Were NO SHOWER CURTAINs. It wasn't like they forgot to put the curtain there, there wasn't even an railing for a shower curtain to be placed. I was shocked..

That was really the major qualm i had about this hotel. Service was overall fine but not outstanding. Housekeeping staff forgot multiple items on cleaning room (clearing dirty glasses, forgetting to replace bathmat, forgetting toilet paper)

However, breakfast was amazing..great pastries and cold cuts. Duvets were super soft.

all in all, i don't consider this hotel to be a five star even though they claim to be. the hotel lobby is interesting but if you've stayed at any of the Ian Schrager hotels like the Hudson in New York, Sanderson in London or the Clift in San Francisco then Skt Petri will be a disappointment to you.

Strøget with Skt Petri Kirke in backgroundStrøget with Skt Petri Kirke in background

Finally meet amazing ClausFinally meet amazing Claus

Amazing who wears an Aussie hatAmazing who wears an Aussie hat

The amazing wall around the Old Town in AvilaThe amazing wall around the Old Town in Avila

Amazing deals to Amsterdam!!!

by MUFConTour

Anyone looking for a cheap break to Amsterdam in the next week or two should look on dfdsseaways.co.uk site.IThey have a special offer for the ferry crossing between Newcastle & Amsterdam return, with an Inside 2 Berth cabin both legs, and two nights B & B at the IBIS Central, next to the Central Station for an unbelieveable £113 based on two sharing!

Comments