Marriott Copenhagen

Kalvebod Brygge 5, Copenhagen, Zealand, 1560, Denmark

Copenhagen Marriott Hotel
Expedia.com Hotels.com AMOMA.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• Copenhagen service at its worst

Beware. Hotel overcharges and refuses to settle for the guests. Staff is from far away and does not stay long. Very unfriendly and annoying with the cruise ships masses. Personnel could not care less they are raking it in from their one-time guests. Never again.

Unique Quality: Room was OK.

Directions: Away from city centre on industrial site.

• GirlUpNorth's Profile Photo

5 stars but not so starry

As we were a group of seven, we got a great deal from the Marriott (two nights only 75e per person) for a weekend in October. When we arrived, the setting was pretty impressive (atleast for me who has never been to a 5 star hotel before). The reception staff was very helpful and polite throughout our stay. Only thing was that we got our rooms after 4pm, which sounded quite late. However, we were able to leave our luggage there for the day, and as the airport service brought my friend's luggage later on (mix up by the air company), they promised to take care of it.

So when we finally got to our rooms, there weren't enough towels and the minibar was half empty and full of empty bottles. There's a bottle or two of water in the room (Voss), which cost 45 kr (about 6,5e!) if you drink it. That was half drunk too. On top of this, nobody knew where my friend's luggage was - they had brought it from the airport at 1pm, but nobody knew where someone had put it.

As we gave feedback at the reception, they promised that the minibar would not be charged (as the housekeeping had missed it apparently) and we were finally able to locate my friend's bag. They gave us two free breakfasts for the next morning as a compensation (worth around 20e each), which was nice and made us happy. Still, the next day we missed towels again, and at the check out they wanted to charge the minibar from us. Still waiting my Visa bill to see if they actually did...

All in all, a nice hotel, but not super nice. The location is great, view to the harbour area and it's within walking distance from the train station and metro stop Christianshavn. The staff is nice and very friendly. It wasn't a bad experience, but not exactly what I had in mind either.

Unique Quality: They have a gym, spa and sauna facilities. Restaurant is pricey, the full breakfast was very nice (they also serve continental one), so that I would recommend.

Directions: If you're coming from the train station, exit the station, take a right, walk until you get to the river and you see the hotel on your left.

• dansc0tt's Profile Photo

Its 'ok'

This place is not too bad, though when I first got room it had not been made up properly - though this was soon made up for by the fact I got upgraded to the club-level with aq decent free breakfast. Don't bother trying to get a taxi between 8.30 & 9.30am you might as well walk.....it might be quicker and it might be faster!

• Tripack's Profile Photo

Sleep under a genuine 5***** stars

One of the best hotel where I ever sleep... I remember to have the choice among 6 different pillow types and my King size bed was incredibly confortable, so of course my sleep was perfect.

This 11 floors hotel has 378 rooms and 17 suites. My deluxe room was spacious with all modern features. Everything was clean, quiet, equipped of a small safe and an efficient and silencious A/C. The room's view was facing the waterfront.

The staff was very efficient, friendly and helpful. An ATM is available in the hotel.

City center was within a 10 minutes walk from the hotel or a taxi was always available at the hotel doors.

Unique Quality: A pleasant Terraneo Bar offer you a relaxing moment with a terrace close to the waterfront.

The Health Club (not so big) have cardiovascular equipment, free weights,
    solarium, sauna and steam room. In summer you could even swim in the river in the front...

Directions: Driving directions from the CPH airport: take the Highway E20 in direction of City Centre. Cross the bridge Sjaellandsbroen and turn right. 2 km further, the Copenhagen Marriott Hotel is located on your right.

Estimated taxi fare: 170 DKK (one way)

• annk's Profile Photo

Copenhagen Marriott Hotel

A new, modern hotel located on the harbor with great views and excellently situated to the major attractions and train station. If you're not carrying tons of luggage, you can walk the few blocks from the train.

The rooms are modern and tastefully decorated. They have an excellent concierge level for Marriott Rewards members. The front desk, reception was extremely helpful in providing maps and planning a day touring. There is also a water taxi stop next to the hotel but we chose to explore on foot.

Unique Quality: - nice views of the harbor
    - clean & modern
    - very helpful staff
    - water taxi stop just steps away
    - a few blocks to the train station and Tivoli Gardens
    - not far from the sights, easy to walk around town
    - patio dining
    - excellent concierge level

Directions: On the harbor just a few blocks from the train stations and Tivoli Gardens.

More about Marriott Copenhagen

Loved the atmosphere

by TripAdvisor Member Tranbjerg

I have stayed at Copenhagen Marriott several times and find it on the best hotels in Copenhagen. Great personal service, relaxed and formal at the same time, very clean, OK location, great soundproofed rooms, great bed and great food in the restaurant. Everything works and the staff is simply the best. Will definately return again.

Superb Service

Read many excellent reports about this Hotel before booking. Rooms excellent but what was most impressive for us was the service. Although reception was busy at times nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The hotel restaurant was very good and again the staff excelled. Room overlooked
the Canal a definite plus. Use the waterbus system really great fun and a relaxed way to see Copenhagen. Do not miss Tivoli Gardens great fun and value for all ages

Arguably the best hotel I've stayed in to date!!

by TripAdvisor Member ann_oll

If you're planning to visit Copenhagen, this is by far the best place to stay. Ask for a room overlooking the river. The views are lovely. It's the true definition of luxury at a good price and definitely deserves the 5 stars it's been awarded.

The staff are pleasant and helpful. Our room was decorated beautifully and room service is prompt. The only complaint I have is not being able to stay longer. If I get to visit Copenhagen again, I'm heading back here.

Family favourite

by TripAdvisor Member travelguru

Just back from Copenhagen with my wife and two children aged 9 & 12 and have to say Marriott is an excellent hotel.
Shopped around for deals in Copenhagen and found it difficult to get rooms for 2 adults and 2 children. I was faced with having to pay for 2 rooms until i saw Marrioot who let 2 children up to 16 stay for free.
Best deal is to go through Marriott direct.
We had a super room, 2 double beds lovely bathroom and great views of the city.
Staff are very nice and helpfull and hotel does a great buffet breakfast which keeps you going most of the day.
Everything at this hotel oozes quality.
Only downside is that it doesn't reflect any local charm and you could be staying anywhere but if you you prefer quality and comfort then this is the place for you.

Great Weekend

My wife and teenage daughter just came back from a weekend in Copenhagen and would highly suggest this city be put on the take the time to visit. The city has a nice blend fo traditional continental style combined with the scandavian simplistic style. One of the better deals is to buy a train pass called around the sound - begin in Copenhagen and either via the ferry to Sweden in the north or via the the new bridge connecting to Malmo Sweden your trip includes interesting land and sea scapes in comfortable trains and the ability to get off and on whenever. If doing this a recommended stop would be the Louisanna Museum of Modern Art located 10 minutes from the train stop approx. 45 minutes outside Denmark. Museum is located on the sea offering spectacular views.
The people of Denmark are friendly, lively and enjoy the bar life depsite the high prices for alcohol.
The Marriott is a 3 year old hotel on the river and provides the usual Marriott service and professionlism. A 10 minute walk to the main train station or to the centre of the city.

Hotels for a family in July

by Dr.Lo

My family and I are visiting for 2 nights in July. What hotels do you suggest.
1. 4 people -- 2 adults, 13 year old girl; 5 year old boy
2. Apppreciate quality hotels but traveling on devalued US dollars
3. will arrive from airport by taxi or train and depart to Malmo by train
4. Love a good Eurpoean breakfast buffet

Prefer to spend under 1,000 dkr / night -- but will spend more if you tell me it is truely worth it.

Thanks
Dr.Lo

RE: Hotels for a family in July

by swdke

You might try using Priceline to place a bid. The Copenhagen Marriott has been going for $93 a night. It's along a canal, 8 min. walk from the main train station, and same distance to Tivoli.

Comments