Scandic Palace Hotel

Hotels.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Below a tower

I have not stayed here but I took pictures of it thinking it was some historic building or part of the Town Hall. It is in a really good location right opposite Tivoli Gardens. The website says that it was renovated in 2008

Unique Quality: General Facilities

Restaurant, Bar, 24-Hour Front Desk, Newspapers, Non-Smoking Rooms, Rooms/Facilities for Disabled Guests, Elevator, Safety Deposit Box, Heating, Luggage Storage, Shops in Hotel, Allergy-Free Room Available. Fitness Centre.

Services

Room Service, Meeting/Banquet Facilities, Business Centre, Laundry, Dry Cleaning, Ironing Service, Bridal Suite, Currency Exchange, Car Rental, Fax/Photocopying. Wireless internet is available in the entire hotel and is free of charge.

No parking available.

• babelic's Profile Photo

Luxury

We got a last minute deal for this hotel. Our double room was nice and the bathroom was great. Room had free drinks (coffee, tea etc.) available and flat-screen tv. Very nice luxury hotel.

Unique Quality: They were refurbishing when we stayed in July 2008. All the rooms were already done and they were working on breakfast room and bar. Once they´re finished refurbishing Palace will be 5 star hotel. Location is brilliant, really close to everything.

Directions: Rådhuspladsen

• chicoescuela's Profile Photo

Perfect location

I was completely surprised by this hotel. We pricelined for it and ended up getting it for about 60.00 USD a night, which by Danish standards is dirt cheap. The hotel is charming, and the breakfast was complimentary in the morning. It is right behind the Stroget area, across from the square. Definitely the perfect location if you have a few days in the city.

Unique Quality: Very rustic and unique.

• lilbunnygirl's Profile Photo

Truly fit for royalty!

From the first moment we caught sight of The Palace, looming across the Radhus, we were in love. This only increased as the incredibly friendly staff upgraded us to an Ambassador room on the top floor (with balcony) allowed us to check in to our room 6 hours before check-in time.

We'll never stay anywhere else in Copenhage, the Palace won over our hearts!

Unique Quality: Our room was huge by European hotel standards, beautifully furnished, and had an incredible view of the plaza.

Staff was so friendly and nice, rooms were cleaned promptly and thoroughly, and the bed and pillows were marvelously soft.

The location simply can not be beat, you are close to the Central Station, Strøget, Tivoli, restaurants, museums...

I can not recomend this hotel highly enough.

We got a great deal on it through RyanAir.com's hotel booking feature.

• depresno's Profile Photo

Palace Hotel

Rate Plan: Standard Rate
    Room Type: Economy Room Double Bed
    Other Info: CANCEL POLICY: CANCEL 4 PM PRIOR TO ARRIVAL; GUARANTEE REQUIRED
    Appr. DKK 1.895,- / night.

Unique Quality: Nice location, next to City Hall, near Tivoli and everything.

• CliffClaven's Profile Photo

Palace Hotel

In its prime location on Town Hall Square, around the corner from the Strøget shopping district and across the square from the Tivoli Gardens, the Palace Hotel is the place to stay in Copenhagen. It is solidly comfortable, as befits an establishment that has been accommodating guests for over a century. And the prices reflect its comfort and location.

More about Le Meridien Palace Hotel

Regular visitor to The Palace

by TripAdvisor Member ajc11

Over the course of the last year and a half I have been working in Copenhagen and have regularly stayed at The Palace. Leaving early and returning in the evening from work means that The Palace is now my main recollection of Copenhagen. The hotel is comfortable and I have always found the staff to be friendly and willing to be of any assistance. The breakfast room and bar are reasonably well stocked and the restaurant menu is not unreasonable for a hotel in such a central location (although I have tended to eat out in the evenings preferring a short walk to the many eateries available locally). I have never used the business facilities and so cannot comment.

The rooms on the front overlooking the Town Hall and square are spacious and named after famous celebrities with memorabelia in each room. On my last visit I stayed in the Audrey Hepburn room. Other notorieties to name but a few include The Beatles, Horatio Nelson, Louis Armstrong, Marilyn Munroe, Michael Schumacher and David Essex.............David Essex ! Not forgetting of course local Danish dignatories. My favourite room is named after the hotel's architect where the bathroom mural matches the mermaid on the hotel tower.

The furniture and decor of the hotel are without question dated and the plumbing and drainage systems sometimes can't cope. Having said that if there is any problem with a particular room the staff have always responded to any maintenance requests.

Starwood are in the process of undertaking a phased upgrade of the rooms and are nearing completion of the rooms towards the back of the hotel. During the renovation I have not noticed any inconvenience or disruption to hotel guests although during normal working hours I have not been present in the hotel to comment. The new rooms are modern and clean with the traditional solid gold keys replaced by plastic door entry cards. I guess that will mean that eventually The Palace will become like any other hotel in any other town. Personally I can put up with a few scuff marks here and there preferring instead the tradition, nostalgia overall friendliness and comfort of the hotel.

Very nice!

by TripAdvisor Member drlpd

I liked this hotel. I stayed in one of the renovated rooms with high speed internet. The rooms are well decorated, the front desk helpful with a very good breakfast which is included. The location is perfect-right by the pickup for many of the tours, two blocks from central station and right around the corner from shopping. My only complaint-I stayed there on a weekend and it was quite loud at night, so request a room that is town square facing, not facing the back where bars/restaurants are located.

Very good experience

by TripAdvisor Member elisabetta

During my stay I, first of all, liked the staff. Everybody was very helpful and nice at The Palace in Copenhagen. Then I had the chance to stay in one of the new rooms and I have to say that they are extremely well designed and comfortable. I had no problem in terms of noise and I also liked the atmosphere of the bar overlooking the Raadhuspladsen where I used to stop for a drink at the end of the day.
Overall a very good experience.

Loved this hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member TheOrganizedTraveler

We loved the Palace Hotel (soon to be LeMeridian) in Copenhagen. This hotel is undergoing a huge renovation from what looks like the very dated Palace Hotel to a luxury Le Meridian. It looks like about half the rooms have been renovated, so make sure to ask for a room that has been recently remodeled. If the hallways with their patched/stained carpets are any indication of what the un-remodeled rooms look like, you probably won't have a good experience.

After arriving in Copenhagen via train, it was a very easy and short walk to the hotel from the train station. It was also conveniently located steps away from Stroget, the main shopping street and a central artery of Copenhagen. We were traveling for my 30th birthday, and were thrilled when we checked in and found that we had been upgraded to a suite, with a bottle of champagne and chocolates waiting. I am a Starwood Gold Member, and we booked this stay with points and still received an upgrade. Our suite (room 419) was a newly remodeled room, complete with two plasma, a huge bathroom with tub and separate shower (with a rain shower head), separate living and bedrooms. We almost didn't want to leave the room to explore the city.

We incorrectly thought breakfast was included, and ended up paying 300DKK for the two of us to eat - the meal definitely was not worth it. However, the hotel staff was very friendly and helped us make dinner reservations and provided tour information.

Comments