Wakeup Copenhagen

Carsten Niebuhrs Gade 11, (next to Kalvebod Brygge 38), Copenhagen, 1560, Denmark

Wakeup CopenHagen
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 25% more than similarly rated 2 star hotels

• balhannah's Profile Photo

Reasonably priced accommodation

Copenhagen, and where to stay that had fairly good reviews, and didn't cost and arm and a leg!

I happened to find the Wake-Up Hotel.
    We caught the Train to Central Station, and then walked the short distance to our Hotel. I was very surprised when I first saw it, as for the cheap price, I wasn't expecting much! A multi-storyed modern Hotel awaited us.
    Next, to Reception where we were served by nice helpful staff. Up to our room we went, I had asked for a high room hoping for a view, we did have one of a nice park below, and just a corner of a canal.

Our room was quite small, which is what I expected, as I had booked the budget room, they do have larger rooms available. We didn't mind at all, as we weren't in our room for long, and when we weren't doing something at night, we "crashed" early. The room was spotless, had ensuite, and free wifi, and was like the rest of the Hotel, modern. It was quiet, the bed was comfortable, so no problems sleeping at all.

Breakfast wasn't included in the price, but it was very easy to arrange. Just go to reception and pay there.

The Hotel has quite a few lockers which range from small to very big, enough to fit our big suitcases in. This wasn't expensive, and it was very convenient.
    I also noticed a computer area.
    The Hotel seemed to be very popular with all ages of people.

This is quoted as a 2* Hotel, I thought it much better than that. 10 -15mins walk to the Station, so no need for Taxi. A little bit further to Tivoli.
    My husband and I couldn't fault it at all, and were more than happy with the accommodation. If we came back to Copenhagen, we would stay here again.

• travelmad478's Profile Photo

Comfy but small rooms...inconvenient location

The Wakeup is about a 10-minute walk from the central train station, but it is in a neighborhood with absolutely no shops/restaurants/services, nothing around at all. If you stay here, it is more or less imperative to get the hotel breakfast (60 kroner/person/day) or you will end up having to walk back to the train station to eat every morning.

The rooms are very small, a tight fit for two people, but reasonably comfortable with a good TV and free wi-fi. No closet, just a couple of hangers and a drawer under the bed, so pack light! There are no coffee/tea facilities in the room. The bathroom is also tiny but clean and well-designed. Towels, soap, and a packet of shower/hair gel are provided, nothing else. The rooms are very modern and quite clean, which is nice.

The big downside of this hotel is the price. For what you get, it is shockingly expensive. In June 2011, I paid USD 250/night for an 8-square meter room with breakfast for two people. Given the remoteness of the location, this seemed really excessive. Two years ago, we stayed at a very similar but much better located hotel in Berlin, Motel One Alexanderplatz, for far less. I'm not sure why Copenhagen is such an expensive place to stay, but be prepared!

Directions: About a ten-minute walk from the central train station--leave the station on the Tivoli side, turn right, walk toward the water and turn right on Carsten Niebuhrs.

More about Wakeup Copenhagen

Wake Up Copenhagen to Marriott

by sayon85

Hello

I will stay at the budget hotel Wake Up Copenahgen while attending a conference in Copenhagen. The conference venue is Marriott hotel. On Google maps it looks like these two hotels are located next to each other on the same street but I don't think that's correct. Can anyone help out to direct me between the two? Also is it convenient to walk from the central train station to Wake Up and Marriott? I would probably go to Wake up first and drop my luggage and then to the conference venue at Marriott.

Re: Wake Up Copenhagen to Marriott

by HansDK

Wake Up Copenhagen is located at Carsten Niebuhrs Gade which is a street parallel to Kalvebod Brygge where Marriott is located. The distance between the 2 hotels approx. 400 m - 5 min walk.

From Wake Up walk 200-300 m along Carsten Niebuhrs Gade towards northeast. Turn right into Bernstorffsgade and walk 100 m until you get to Kalvebod Brygge. When you look left you can see Marriott. Cross Kalvebod Brygge and walk about 100 m to the hotel.

It is convenient to walk (10-12 min) from Central Station to both hotels.

From Central Station to Wake Up:
Exit the Central Station towards Bernstorffsgade (Tivoli). Turn right on Bernstorffsgade and walk about 500m (crossing Tietgengade on the way). Turn right at Carsten Niebuhrs Gade and walk 200-300 m until you get to the hotel.

Re: Wake Up Copenhagen to Marriott

by sayon85

Thanks a lot for this clear answer. Very helpful.

Comments