Willemoesvei 1 Postboks 139, 9850 Hirtshals
Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

More about Hirtshals

Model of a whaleModel of a whale

What is this? Nobody knows yetWhat is this? Nobody knows yet

my roommy room

Outside Super Brugsen, HirtshalsOutside Super Brugsen, Hirtshals

Travel Tips for Hirtshals

Hirtshals

by Terje1966

"Nice little fishing willage"

Coming from the central part of southeastern Norway I grew up with "Danskebåten"the ferry to Denmark. It was and still is popular for roundtrips with partying and shopping. Denmark have always been more liberal when it comes to alcohol and tobacco and the prices have always been much lower than in Norway. Meat is also a popular thing to shop in Denmark for Norwegians.
When I was young the most popular route was from Larvik to Fredrikshavn and I remember that I was a bit disappointed when I heard that Colorlines route from Larvik were changed from Fredrikshavn to Hirtshals. I had been on the dock in Hirtshals a couple of times and had not seen anything but factory buildings.(In fact all the way down to Aalborg were a complete wasteland)
But my impression was about to change. This easter me and my family had some extra hours to spend before the ferry was to depart for Larvik. When we started to look around we actually found a small and lovely fishing willage close to the rough ocean. Its not big but big enough for some shopping and some eating. Just to the south of town you can also see a beautiful large lighthouse. Behind the lighthouse there is a large holliday center for families called Fyrklit and close to the docks you can visit a large aquarium containing fish from the north sea.

"Todays ferries from Jutland to Norway an Sweden"

Today Hirtshals has ferry connections to Larvik (Superspeed 2 Color line). Kristiansand (Superspeed 1 Color line) Kristiansand (Fjordline) Stavanger and Bergen(Fjordline).
Fredrikshavn has a Stena Line boat to Oslo and to Gøteborg as well as a route to the Swedish city of Varberg a little to the south of Gøteborg.
Somewhere at the picture you can see the ferry to Kristiansand.

The Greatest Aquarium of Northern Europe

by Karl_Kaviar

The Greatest Aquarium of Northern Europe and much more....
A visit to the North Sea Museum is always a world of new experiences. The Oceanarium itself with large schools of mackerel, herring, horse mackerel and garfish that are fed by the diver every day is worth the visit.
In the numerous exhibit you will find exiting and educational information on life below the surface of the North Sea, and in the "North Sea Lab" you get really close to the animals - you may even touch some of them!

Windy, powerful North Sea

by barrikello

Hirsthals is the place I look for when travelling. In those spots (rare enough) I find what I need: loneliness, emotions, the forces of nature. Hirtshals reminded me a bit of Iceland - my favourite country - with its cold atmosphere, the fish commerce and the beauty of its setting, on the North Sea. I strongly reccommend to take a look at it.

Comments