Norre Vinkel Hotel And Golf

Sogardeved 6, Lemvig 7620
Hotel Norre Vinkel
Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

More about Lemvig

me and my friendsme and my friends

me, Rebekka, and Mette at Kaptejnenme, Rebekka, and Mette at Kaptejnen

This is my houseThis is my house

Travel Tips for Lemvig

Lemvig, Jutland and more of Denmark

by MD2nd

Also worth seeing is the Danish countryside with its small towns with fascinating castles, ancient rune stones and lovely atmosphere, where the old-fashioned meets the modern. Visit for example Ribe that is the oldest town in Denmark, Skagen with its beautiful beaches and artist community, or Silkeborg with its beautiful nearby lakes.

For more of little reads on Denmark pls check out Tom_In_Madison's Denmark page

email: turist@visitlemvig.dk

museums

by elsebeth

The Museum of Religious Art

Designed by the local architect Poul Jørn Poulsen, the museum holds the originals of Bodil Kaalund's Bible illustrations as part of its permanent collection. The design of the building, with the extensive use of concrete and glass, is distinctively modern. Yet the general impression is one reminiscent of the old pavillion that used to stand here, but was consumed by fire in 1988.

In 1998 an extension was added to the museum, nearly doubling its size. The new wing nestles close to the slope behind the building, thus forming a natural and integral part of a whole.

The aim of the museum is to show how art, throughout the ages, has been constantly inspired by the fundamental and existential questions of life.

another museum

by elsebeth

Jens Søndergaard's Museum

In a small black building on the brink of the cliff at Ferring stands Jens Søndergaard's Museum (Link via Lemvig Museum). From 1930 to his death in 1957 this used to be his summer residence and studio, and most of the works in the museum were painted right her. As an artist Søndergaard was inspired by the magnificent landscape he found right on his doorstep. Many of the canvases reach from floor to ceiling, like open windows overlooking the cliff and the North Sea, or the rugged treeless countryside with its scattered houses. The people in Søndergaard's paintings are often mere black profiles against the backdrop of the landscape.

Outside the museum stand three simple figures, made out of cement. Søndergaard used the same material that is used in the breakwaters down on the beach.

The "Cement man" on the very edge of the cliff is gazing out over the sea, as if straight out of a painting...or out of reality

Lemvig

by MD2nd

Lemvig is a beautifully, little city on the west coast of Denmark's Jutland. Jutland is where we - many years back - did vacations so calm, so peaceful, so joyous that we made it there again and again. Our cabin wasn't right in town but away from citylife and close to the sea. There we've been in the middle of sand dunes surrounded by lovely pine forests and grassland. The beauty of untouched sand and sights, pure nature, a great opportunity for some memorable experiences, a great gift to give your kids!

You'll be charmed by the sea, the sand, and the air, and you'll be puzzeld too..

Contry style is my style

by Inga78

"This is where I´m moving!"

I´m moving form Iceland to this cosy little village in Denmark. I can´t wait. My mom lives here and I love it there. The atmosphere is relaxed and people are very kind. The climate is warm in the summer. My mom lives a little bit out of Lemvig and it´s so quiet and cosy. I just have to say that Denmark is my favorite place in the whole world and I see myself getting old there some place out in the contry. I´ll try to put some pictures in. You can also check out my web-site www.fotki.com/imba78 and the Denmark album. There you can see my family and our house in Denmark. I guess I can tell you more about life there when I have mooved. I have been there 3 times and just fell in love with the place.

Comments