Aia 10, Tallinn, 10111, Estonia

Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Turska's Profile Photo

Little bit better in small rooms

The rooms were quite small, but very new and modern. We felt like luxury having bathrobes and slippers at the room :) And we did pay 54e per night anyway! The location was perfect, couldn´t be any better! Hotel wasn´t too big (we prefer smaller ones), it was 3 or 4 floors. Breakfast wasn´t so good as we thought. All the cold cuts were really greasy, so we ate only bread with cheese. There was some cereal,m but can´t help thinking they are ment for children. And they had fresh baguette time to time, but at first morning we did get it, at the next one they did bring it when we have allready eaten only toasts. But even so, we could stay here again. This breakfast thing might be cultural also.

Unique Quality: Great location!! New hotel rooms.

Directions: Very close to old town gates

More about Hotel Bern

Pleasant, quiet hotel

by TripAdvisor Member PAD38

My wife and I stayed one night at this hotel in mid-April 2008; it was part of a very reasonably priced package arranged by a ferry company in Helsinki. (The total return trip and overnight stay for two people came to 155 euros.) We found it pleasant, quiet and clean, with friendly, helpful staff. The hotel entrance is in a courtyard, away from the street. It is centrally located, with a leisurely ten-minute walk to the Town Hall Square, and a twenty-minute walk in the other direction towards the harbour and the ferries to Sweden and Finland. The typical buffet-style breakfast was decent, but not particular, in the restaurant downstairs, which has one wall lined with fully laden wine racks. The grandly named library turned out to contain a very modest, but surprisingly interesting, collection of mainly fiction books in several languages. The only problem we had was operating the lift buttons, but the young woman on duty at reception soon came to our rescue. All in all, it was a pleasant stay.

Good location, noisy nightclub

by TripAdvisor Member AlienVistior

Hotel Bern is in a good location, right on the periphery of the Old Town of Tallinn. Rooms are clean and modern, but rather compact - good for a night or two.

One warning, if your room looks out onto the courtyard you will likely be awakened throughtout the night by people enjoying their cigarettes by the door of the nightclub that shares the same yard.

Similarly, rooms with adjoining doors are rather less than optimally soundproofed, giving rise to a rather intimate knowledge of your neighbours nocturnal habits.

Overall the hotel is fine for a short stay for a city break, but can be rather noisy.

Friendly and welcoming hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Tartan-Travellers

We stayed for 3 nights in 2 visits to this hotel, in the same week. The welcome on arrival we received both times was excellent and the best we have encountered in our many travels in Europe. Reception staff were very polite, helpful and friendly. We were offered maps, directions, transport advice etc throughout our stays. The bedrooms were not huge but provided all amenities required and were clean and comfortable. Breakfast provided a decent selection for a small/medium sized hotel.

Modern hotel, centrally situated

by TripAdvisor Member silver_squirrel

This hotel is a small, functional hotel, centrally located to most of the places of interest in Tallin.

The reception staff were excellent, informative and acknowledged you each time you passed through the foyer.

The rooms are basic but clean and functional complete with shower.

The disappointment proved to be the breakfast buffet which is included in the price.

The breakfast room, in the basement, was presided over by possibly the 2 most characterless and lethargic staff members in the industry lounging beside the counter for much of the time. Upon entry, one was not acknowledged save for the occasional favoured guest who received a “grunt”. The buffet selection was small and unimaginative, rarely replenished and quickly becoming boring; the yoghurt variety consisting of 1 flavour.

Overall the hotel was satisfactory although I would examine alternative hotels would should I revisit Tallin.

Nice and cheap

by TripAdvisor Member civil2006

Best location, modern design, nice and clean rooms. Friendly staff. The only negative is that we ate breakfast at the basement. Just 2' walk from the entrance of the old city and 5' from Raekoja square.

Charming Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Kanuti

This hotel is one of the best values in Europe. We paid 82 euros and had a room that was impeccably clean, tasteful, and with a boutique feel. The hotel's location is close to the Old Town and the staff was incredibly helpful and friendly.

Best service ever

by TripAdvisor Member IceChickChristchurch

I had a visa problem leaving Russia after a conference there, and was a day late to making it to Tallinn for 4 days of much needed R and R. My original booking was with Kalev Spa and despite assuring me they were holding my room, I finally arrived after a pretty traumatic time in Russia, having had to stay in a truly revolting hotel on the Russian border, get a new visa and then walk two km's across the border with a lot of luggage, then catch a bus to Tallinn, arrive in pouring rain at night... only to find that Kalev Spa had bumped me. I wasn't impressed with their service but the hotel they transferred me to was Hotel Bern.

Hotel Bern on the other hand was fantastic. The location was ideal- right in Old Town. The room was perfect- small, but that didn't matter because it had everything required. A good measure of a decent hotel is always the provision of bath robes- which Hotel Bern got full marks for. And not having to pay for internet whilst there was a definite plus as I had some work to do too.

The reception staff were amazing- in particular Airis and Carolin (sp?) were incredible and I hope they are well rewarded for the job they do. They soothed my frazzled nerves, provided some wonderful complimentary snacks when I arrived, and did everything they could for me during my stay including telling me where to purchase things I needed and excellent restaurant recommendations. In fact I thought that the service I received there was the most PERSONAL and also the best service I have ever encountered at any hotel.

I would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel to anyone and would definitely stay there again.

Excellent Service

by TripAdvisor Member Hohlick

Hotel is small (about 50 rooms in 3 floors), but very nice, silent and cute.
Located in about 3-5 min. from Viru Gate to Tallinn Old Town and in 3 min. from next entrance to Old Town.
Right in front of hotel - small and cute italian restaurant, and about 4-5 other restaurants on same Aia Street.

Aia Street is silent (there are was road works on it in late July, but kind of noise was only in middle-day, no probs. in evening).

As far as i can see, only 2 or 4 rooms has windows looking on the street, other rooms looks into small yard. I do not recommend reserve rooms on ground floor, but curtains usually working good :)

Service IS BEAUTIFUL. Receptionists is very helpful, friendly and cute :)

Breakfast is also... good.

Excellent hotel

by TripAdvisor Member VeroniqueLondon

Excellent hotel - very clean and comfortable, central location, friendly staff and good value for money. I would really recommend it.

The best

by TripAdvisor Member nightmear

Very kindly staff and service ten+. Rooms are stilish and clean. Every time, when we go out or back to hotel, staff ask "is everything okay?"

Peter the Great's cottage, KadriorgPeter the Great's cottage, Kadriorg

Gustav Ernesaks and the Song Festival GroundsGustav Ernesaks and the Song Festival Grounds

Old city of tallinnOld city of tallinn

Tartu maanteeTartu maantee

Tallinn-Valga

by lonnbehh

What is the fastest way to get to Valga from Tallinn? I been trying to look for buslines, without much success as a lot of pages are in Estonia.
So I appreciate any help you can provide me with. Thanks a lot! :)

by kopvas

As for now on - there is not train connection between Tallinn and Valga. Due to the reconstruction trains run only to Elva.
But you can always use the bus from Tallinn or Tartu. From Tallinn they run from 7am to almost 6pm (http://www.bussireisid.ee/index.html?timm=1224583856), the full price as you can see - 180 EEK

by lonnbehh

Thanks a lot! Is it far to Valga from Tartu?

About 80km or hour-hour and a half by bus

by lonnbehh

Now I have one more question. Is there a bus that would come by the harbour that goes to tartu? Im coming by ferry from Finland. I know that there's a bus that comes by the terminal that goes to Riga..
Thanks again. :)

by kopvas

Some Eurolines and Ecolines buses definitely go from the Ferry terminal to Riga via Parnu, but I'm afraid local Estonian carriers which go to Valga (like Taisto and Sebe) don't do that, so you would have to get to Tallinn bus station on your own - it's around 3km from the Terminals, so you can walk (via old town) or get some local transport.
If you will be arriving in the afternoon you can as well use the train from Tallinn to Tartu (http://www.edel.ee/?CatID=6&sact=selectschedule) - Tallinn train station located really close to Ferry terminal (see google.maps). And then in Tartu just catch next bus to Valga

Comments