Kaupmehe 8-3

Kaupmehe 8-3, Tallinn, 10122, Estonia
Kaupmehe 8-3
Hostelworld.com

More about Tallinn

Red star on a buildingRed star on a building

Kadriorg park by moonlightKadriorg park by moonlight

Celebrating the advent of the Euro!Celebrating the advent of the Euro!

McDonald´s/old townMcDonald´s/old town

Organic products stores in Tallin?

Hi!
I would like to buy some organic essential oils, soaps, etc. and was wondering if there were any stores like this in Tallin? Where would be the best place to buy these? I am only there for a few hours because its a short trip.

Thanks!

by JeanneHart

There are stores all over the Baltic States and eastern europe called STENDERS -they are like an eastern equivalent of the Body Shop and the products are very good. Most are made with natural oils and ingredients and there is one in Tallinn - if you find the website you will get the address. The chocolate body scrub is to die for!! Hope this helps.

by Durfun

I'd say your best bet would be Stockmann, a store I'm sure you're familiar with ;-)

by gothsi

Thanks for your tip about Stenders. They actually have one in Helsinki Vantaa now, so I guess I can buy that stuff here.

I'm looking more for organic food stores that might also stock essential oils, teas etc. I would like to find local brands.

I remember buying some chamomile tea once very near to the harbor, maybe near the RIMI, but I think the store has since moved. They were like an Apteeki that sold also herbal teas.

As for Stockmann, I'm guess the range might be similar to in Finland so I'm looking for some smaller stores :o. Thanks alot!

by gothsi

Hey I did some research :)
The word in estonian for eco or organic is öko
Apparently there should be organic food and products in Kaubamaja, Rotermann, (which is quite central) and further away places like Pirita and Viimsi.

I searched for ecoshops, which is "ökopoed"

Hope ill find some nice stuff on my trip :) still looking for where I can buy herbal teas like whole dried chamomile!

by sihi

Hi!

Shop Aroomipood, as I remember it is in "Ulemiste keskus" shoping centre. There are good natural products "Ziaja".

Travel Tips for Tallinn

tallinn

by call_me_rhia

Tallinnn is the lovely capital of Estonia, a small city with a perfectly preserved medieval centre (it’s on the Unesco list of heritage sites), which is all traffic-free. It got its name from the ancient words taani linnus, which means Danish castle. The Danish Castle was the one built by King Waldemar of Denmark in the 13th century. I loved everything in Tallinn, though I must admit that in august it was full of tourists – in particular Italian. Every day there seem to be a handful of cruise ships in town, making it occasionally crammed. Still, I had a great time… I liked the glorious sights and the fact that, being all pedestrian-friendly, my baby could enjoy being pushed about in his stroller without having to breathe nasty fumes.

Phone boxes

by Airpunk

It is not so hard to find a phone box in Tallinn, however you have to be aware that you have to buy a phone card to use them. Those working with coins are very hard to find. Phone cards are already available for 50 EEK and can be purchased in many shops.

Kadriorg Palace

by bugulma

Peter I began building the palace in 1718, and it was called Catherinenthal, in honour of Catherine I, his wife, by architect Niccolo Michetti, who was later involved with the famous Peterhof Palace. The first foundation stones were placed by Peter I himself. Today it is the residence of the Estonian President.

Fortune cookies?

by Stevieboy

One old Estonian tradition is to melt tin in a spoon and then pour it into cold water. The metal immediately goes hard again, leaving a chunk of tin in the bucket. Studying the shape of the chunk should tell you all about your future in the following year.

As we are in Estonia, there obviously is some traditional procedure you should follow (first the 'master of the house' should pour the tin and the youngest family member should get it out of the bucket, etc.). Interpreting the result is done in two ways - by looking at the chunk itself or by examining the shadow it makes on the wall.

The picture is a bit blurry. But then, I guess my whole future is too : - )

Try not to be too drunk when you do this though. Molten tin tends to be a wee bit hot...

Climate in Tallinn

by Leipzig

There is no special rainy season

Avg. Temp. in Spring: max.: 1 - 14°C ( 34 - 57°F ); min: -4 - 5°C ( 24 - 51°F )
Avg. Temp. in Summer: max.: 17 - 20°C ( 62 - 68°F ); min: 10 - 12°C ( 50 - 53°F )
Avg. Temp. in Autumn: max.: 2 - 12°C ( 36 - 52°F); min: 0 - 7°C ( 32 - 45°F )
Avg. Temp. in Winter: max.: -1 - 1°C ( 30 - 34°F); min: -6 - -4°C ( 21 - 24°F )

Comments