Meriton Old Town Garden Hotel

Old town Tallinn, EstoniaOld town Tallinn, Estonia

SaiakangSaiakang

Tipping in Tallinn

by MariaKat

I'm sure this has been asked a hundred times but here goes... :) How much do you tip in Tallin and where? I am going on on spa holiday with a friend, and we are wondering if we should leave tip after treatments (e.g. massage), and how much (e.g. 10%, 15%)?

Thanks!

- Maria

by sihi

Hi!

I would recomend to go better to spa in Toila or Narva-Jõesuu in eastern Estonia. They are very good with traditions resorts.

by sihi

Hi!

I recomend to go to spa in Toila or Narva-Joesuu in eastern Estonia. They are very good resorts with traditions.

Hi sihi,

Thanks for your suggestion, but we have already booked a spa and a hotel. We were just wondering about how much you leave tip (i.e. graditude) at spas and restaurants etc. They differ a little from country to country and I could not find anything elsewhere. We don't want to be impolite. :D

In addition, if you know of any good shops that would be great. :D For example, second hand shops or markets that may have interesting stuff. Thanks!

- Maria

by Eewa

Hi

In restaurants it would be 10-20% depending on the service. Sometimes i never tip at all, if the experince is totally negative.
But i've never heard of tiping in spa-s for massage and ect. I go there at least twice a year.
But maybe thats beacuse I'm local. Maybe the turists tip. I would ask from the front desk, what the custom is.

Have a nice trip

Eva

by MariaKat

Thanks for your reply Eva! :) It seems it is pretty much the same as elsewhere in Europe then.

Sorry! I meant to say Eewa of course. :D

Travel Tips for Tallinn

wander around through the...

by Bigs

wander around through the streets of the old town. It´s so beautiful with all these old houses and it´s also very colorful, cause each house has a different colour... It was a sunny and wonderful day I spend here! I loved the flair of the old town...it´s really open minded and there are a lot of pubs and cafes where you can sit outside and watch the people go by...

Once upon a time ...

by TheWanderingCamel

Every time we walked to and from our hotel to the city centre we passed this display of marionettes in their elegant 18th century costume, posed in front of a painted backdrop of Old Tallin. There seemed always to be children with their noses pressed to the glass looking at them but we never found out what story they were telling. They almost felt like friends by the time we said goodbye.

Metal signs

by Inguuna

Riga and Tallinn sometimes is compared by something, but the metal signs what I love we don’t have. I’ve seen many in Salzburg and here also they are almost on every corner. If you’re artist you’ll place outside your shop some sign, bakeries and craftsmen are hanging out different things. Very nice!

Bring a raincoat and an umbrella

by cheekymarieh

Make sure you have some waterproof shoes and a waterproof coat in August. Also bring an umbrella with you. I forgot the umbrella and regretted it! Fortunately the hotel had one that we could borrow when we went out and about.

old stuff

by tonygrif

If you,re in Tallinn for more than a couple of days,try to get to Kadriorg and see the palace and museums in the parks there,its nice and peaceful and away from the hussle of the city.If you,re feeling fit the same day then take a walk along the seafront to Pirita, especially in the summer where there,s a sandy beach.

Comments