10 Suur-Karja St, Tallinn, 10140, Estonia

Hotels.com Travelocity Booking.com

Costs 25% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo

Location, location, location

The Old Town Maestro's Hotel has an enviable location, just a few minutes walk from Market Square in the heart of the Old Town. Despite being so close to the centre of the action, the hotel is quiet at night and even on Friday and Saturday night, no street noise penetrated to my room overlooking the inner courtyard.

Bedrooms here are much larger then average and my room had a spacious sitting area (complete with sofa) as well as two beds, TV, desk etc. The bathroom was large, well equipped and came with underfloor heating. My bed was extremely comfortable and with four pillows I was very cosy indeed.

Breakfast, served in a dining room just off the reception area, was plentiful and varied. It is quite a small dining room and if the hotel were full then I could imagine overcrowding being an issue but during our stay, we had plenty of room for a leisurely breakfast each morning. The usual selection of cereals, fruit, yogurt, eggs, fried potatoes, bread, rolls etc., were available and an added extra of pancakes filled with a type of cheesecake like, sweet cheese, was a firm favourites with our group.

Reception staff were helpful and pleasant and did their best to grant all requests made at time of booking. I had requested a room on the ground floor but as reception is on the second floor, accessed by lift, this wasn't possible. I did get a room on the second floor. The lift at Old Town Maestro's is very small and not comfortable for claustrophobics. I was lucky enough to have someone to travel upstairs with me on the lift ( Thank You Sarah, Isa and Lori) otherwise I'd have had to take the stairs. In fairness the stairs to the second floor weren't that steep so this really isn't an issue except for those with breathing or mobility issues.

Unique Quality: For me, the outstanding features of the Old Town Maestro's are the larger then average bedrooms and the peace and quiet of the interior of the hotel at night.

While I have classified this hotel as more expensive then average, I think that in terms of location and comfort of rooms, that it was well worth paying a little extra for.

Directions: In the Old Town, just about two minutes from the Market Square.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo

Great location, great room

This is not the cheapest hotel in Tallinn but we chose it for its great location in the heart of the Old Town and for its many positive reviews, and were not disappointed. I loved my large light room on the fifth floor (yes, there is a lift, though a tiny one!) I had a double bed, large wardrobe (not enough hangers though), comfortable sofa, desk, TV (never put on) and minibar (also unused apart from one bottle of water on an especially thirsty evening). The bathroom was not large but had all I needed, including a walk-in shower, hair dryer, basic toiletries (wall-mounted soap and shower gel) and a good supply of towels. I had views out over the rooftops of old Tallinn from my bathroom and the corridor just outside, of which I never tired.

The entrance is through an arch (easy to miss as we discovered) where you take the lift to the second floor lobby. Here there is a small bar and a breakfast room. The buffet breakfast was good, with juice, tea and coffee, breads, cheese and cold meats, cereals with milk or yoghurt, hot items such as eggs and potatoes, a few salad items and some excellent crepes with a cream cheese filling or plain, to be topped with yoghurt and jam.

Staff were friendly and helpful, there was good wifi for maintaining those all important VT and Facebook contacts, and all in all I had a very comfortable stay. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if I ever return to Tallinn.

Next tip: the Town Hall Square

Directions: Towards the south of the Old Town, a few minutes’ walk from the Town Hall Square. There’s a map on the hotel website, which advises taking a taxi. Note the entrance is through an arch - a little hidden.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

IDEAL LOCATION

Thursday May 29, Friday, May 30 and Saturday, May 31, 2014
    When searching for a Hotel in Tallinn, I looked for ideal location, decent price with breakfast included, a mini-fridge, a safe and had to have a lift. We found what we were looking for through booking.com at the OLD TOWN MAESTRO'S. We paid 233 Euros for three nights, which works out to 77 Euros per night for two people.
    When we arrived at the Tallinn Bus Station, we got a taxi (pre-paid through LUX Express - 6,50 Euros).
    We were given Room #204 which was very near the Lobby Desk and Breakfast Room (located on second floor).
    We got a lovely and large room with two twin beds, a desk (free WiFi), TV, mini fridge, sofa and great bathroom with a great & powerful shower.

Unique Quality: Breakfast was included and it was wonderful. Breakfast is served Monday to Friday 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. and Saturday and Sunday 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
    The Buffet included:
    cheeses - meats
    herring with onions
    boiled eggs
    served hot - scrambled eggs - sausages - potatoes
    All in all very good and it was nice to be joined by fellow VT members - Sarah - Katherine and Isa

• ape_huva's Profile Photo

A few steps to everything

I online booked this hotel because its location. It's worth it. It's 5 minutes maximum from anywhere in the Old Town. It's not expensive, it cost me 116€ per night in a very good and clean double bedroom with buffet breakfast included. The young staff was friendly and helpful, and spoke English without problems.

The TV had more than 60 channels in different languages: Russian, English, Estonian, German, French and Italian.

I would definitely come back to this hotel and I recommend it to all of you. It's not a very big hotel, but has everything I need.

Unique Quality: Location and friendly staff

Directions: Old Town

• cheekymarieh's Profile Photo

Central Location

The hotel is best described as small and friendly. It has only 23 rooms. We actually had two different rooms (as we stayed for one night at the end of our Baltic tour in addition to the initial three nights spent there) and both were very spacious with sofas to relax on, televisions in the room with plenty of channels in lots of different languages, a minibar and a huge bath. The bath proved a useful diversion after a rainy day in Tallinn or a climb up all the towers you can find in the city! One of the most useful things in the room was the safe.

Breakfasts are buffet style and you can eat and drink as much as you wish. Ideal for someone like me who needs a few cups of tea or coffee on a morning to get themselves going.

Two negative points for the hotel: there is no kettle in the room (hence the desperate rush to breakfast for my endless cups of tea) and on the Saturday night we could hear loud music until about 5am. OK, usually I would be one of the ones out until that hour but the holiday was a sightseeing trip and not one for nightlife, so you might consider it being next to a late night bar a big plus.

Prices from 1800EEK (116 Euros) for a twin room.

Unique Quality: The best feature of the hotel was its central location about two minutes walk from the Old Town Square! You felt as if you were in the heart of things.

Unusually for foreign hotels, there are rooms available for non-smokers. For me, that was bliss because I hate the lingering smell of cigarette smoke.

The highlight of the hotel's facilities is the sauna at the top of the hotel with magnificent views out to Toompea.

Directions: From the Old Town Square head down past Olde Hansa restaurant and then go down Suur Karja which has Vinos & Tapas restaurant on the right hand side. It is a few doors down.

Comments