Tihase B&B

Tihase B&B
Hostelworld.com Booking.com HostelBookers.com

• Propermark's Profile Photo

A Bed&Breakfast in Tallinn residencial area

We stayed here 6 days and I can tell that this B&B is located in a quiet residencial area full of villas with gardens and clean streets. People is friendly and helpful. There's a supermarket in the nearby.. You can go on foot to the city center or otherwise with taxis which are not so expensive. Another option is the bus which passes by often in Nomme Tee and the tickets cost 10 kroon...really cheap for Italians

Description

Tihase Bed&Breakfast is located in Lillekyla - a beautiful neighborhood of private houses and small gardens - close to the Tallinn center.

Here you can enjoy a homely atmosphere, a room with a view to the garden, and a plentiful breakfast.

Please note:
    Payment on arrival can be made in cash only.

Unique Quality: Facilities

Free Car Park
    No Smoking
    Taxes included in price
    Free Internet Access

Directions: take 17 or 17a to hauka stop from Vabaduse square and find red wooden house about 50m from stop. Or book a pickup from us

More about Tallinn

St Olaf's Church, Old TallinnSt Olaf's Church, Old Tallinn

Submarine enginesSubmarine engines

PikkPikk

My husband by Tallin's towered wallsMy husband by Tallin's towered walls

Traveling among Batic countries

by travelfamily

We are arriving in Tallinn in July and want to spend 2 days in Tallinn and then visit Riga, Vilnius, and Warsaw. Are there regular trains/buses among these major cities? We are a family of 4. No young kids. Any tips/suggestion is greatly appreciated.

by thirstytraveller

Eurolines buses travel between baltic countries. Check their prices and schedules here: http://www.eurolines.ee/en/node/150
It's also possible to take Hansabuss from Tallinn to Riga: http://www.bussireisid.ee/index.html?timm=1243144698
There's no train connection between Tallinn and Riga and I think between Riga and Vilnius either. I'm pretty sure there is a train connection between Vilnius and Warsaw, you probably just have to change trains on border due to different gauges.

by wise23girl

We were there 18 months ago and were advised not to travel by train in Baltic States eg from Estonia to St Petersburg.

We saw a number of buses though at the various border gates.Looked OK and our guide did not comment.We travelled Vilnius to Riga to Tallinn.

We actually went by private car which could be worth your looking in to.

Our travel agent booked us with Baltic Explorer and locally our contact was Latvia Tours (371 708 5001 and 371 708 5018)

We did travel by train from Helsinki to Russia ...no problem.
Marg

by yvr

I took the bus between Tallinn and Riga. It was Eurobus. Bought my ticket online. When I checked in for the bus was given a specific seat, ride was ok, we stopped once for about 15 minutes in a town, so that those that smoked including the bus driver who also smoked while driving could have another cigarette. The trip itself was ok.

Travel Tips for Tallinn

Aleksander Nevsky Cathedral

by bugulma

The cathedral was built on Toompea Hill in 1900by architect Preobrazhensky. The church is dedicated to Alexander Nevsky, who was the army leader in the battle in XIII century and then became the sint in orthodox church. Before the building of the cathedral, there was a garden on the same site, in front of Toompea Castle, with a memorial to Martin Luther. The church's belltowers hold Tallinn's most powerful church bell ensemble, consisting of 11 bells, including the largest in Tallinn, weighing 15 tonnes. You can hear the entire bell ensemble playing before church services.

City panoramas

by Raimix

Tallinn is quite panoramic place. I will write down all these places, where could be see good panoramas:

1) St. Olav's church (Oleviste church). You have to pay some money to go up by stairs and see panorama from tallest church in Tallinn. I think the most beautiful view is to Toompea castle. From this place I think the best panorama of all old town could be seen and a view to the sea with all these big ships.
2) Radisson SAS hotel. When coming to this tall building in Tallinn centre better to say how to get to the bar at top floor. The lift takes you up and from this place you can see old town at one side and new town at other sides with all these new skyscraper buildings.
3) Toompea castle hill. There is a view to lower part of old town. In some places of Toompea hill panorama is quite interesting, as view of old town buildings is mixed with modern skyscrapers.
4.) A view from the sea to old town and port. When standing near Russalka monument some spires of old town buildings could be seen and the sea.

The only note of this denomination I've ever seen

by CatherineReichardt

(work in progress)
Beneath that conventional reserved exterior, Estonia quietly marches to its own drummer, and has a particular talent for putting its own quietly unique spin on things.
Even in their (now former) currency, they expressed their national individuality by issuing a bank note in a denomination of 25 krooni - something I don't recall ever seeing elsewhere. I am used to note denominations going 5, 10, 20, 50, 100 and so forth, and although I've come across coins with a denomination of 25 (for example, the quarter in the USA), I've never seen it in a note.
All of this is, of course, now academic, since Estonia entered the Euro Zone on 1 January 2011 (and the kroon ceased to be legal tender on 14 January 2011) but it's one of those little quirks that goes to prove that once you scratch beneath that conservative exterior, Estonia is an unexpectedly funky place!
Postcript: Since posting this as a discussion topic on the miscellaneous forum to satisfy my curiosity, I am endebted to travelfrosch for letting me know that Holland had a 25 guilder note before it entered the Euro zone, and SangAji, who says that Brunei issued a $25 note to mark the silver jubilee of the sultan's coronation (these are apparently still in circulation but have become a collectors item).

Stone ?pigeons

by leics

I liked these. At first I thought they were a specific sculpture, but then I saw them in various other places and realised they were just a rather attractive way of stopping people from parking on the pavements.

So much more attractive than bollards or blocks of concrete, and I can't imagine they are much more expensive. Some of the ?pigeons have their heads down, some are just looking around.

Very nice idea.

Ladies in the windows

by lalikes

Every evening we would have to walk down this particular street to get to our hotel. We would see the same lady sitting in the window. We thought she was a mannequin or something. Of course, we did realize there are places that service men. But one night I pulled out my camera to take a photo and the woman in the window put up her finger to "tsk, tsk, tsk" me. I snapped the photo but we were so freaked out. We thought she wasn't real. Unfortunately, you can't get the full effect from my photo but I was not about to try and take another one.

Comments