Vaike-Karja, 1, Tallinn, Estonia

Booking.com eDreams

• angiebabe's Profile Photo

Excellent location for a hostel

Only a few minutes from the Town Hall Square getting a place to stay here is extremely handy.

Just as the hostel I stayed in Riga was above a strip tease joint, so is this one! - when you see the signs you will know you are in the right place!

They do apparently have single and double rooms but when I phoned ahead from Riga they only had dorm beds available. The large communal bathrooms and kitchen were clean and new looking.

I was able to use my laptop down in the seating area around reception for free wifi access.

Unique Quality: Very handy/central location. Only about 10 minutes walk to the airport bus busstop and only 5 minutes from where I had got off the tram that I had caught from the airport.

• Warning re cancelling confirmed reservations

I want to make fellow VT'ers aware that this hostel at present is simply filling up beds regardless of people having confirmed reservations.
    I arrived there last Wed at 2330 for what was the first night of my three night confirmed reservation.
    I had e-mailed them 72 hours before and 48 hours before reconfirming my booking and late arrival to make sure after my long journey from Scotland everything was ok.
    No beds were available when I arrived, I had to sleep on the floor, which was the only option as other hostels around had nothing either. I was charged the normal rate of 15 euro for the night.
    I then had to rely the following morning on people booking out to get my remaining 2 nights.
    The admin/organisation in this hostel is not up to scratch at present.Other backpackers suffered a similar fate later in the same week. To fill the beds and then start charging for sleeping on the floor is not on. Backpackers beware of this hostel- anyone suffered a similar fate?

• orlikins's Profile Photo

Vana Tom

200EEK/night (€12 approx)- no breakfast included when I was there.

Unique Quality: How do I put this.... it's in the same building as an Erotic club :) Seriously, its not as dodgy as it sounds :)

The dorms are fine, share the showers, good standards of hygiene and English-speaking staff.

Directions: Väike Karja 1 in the Old Town. Across the street from The Bar With No Name and a hop, skip and a jump from Viru and Raekoja Plats

Comments