Bitola Hotels

Our Members Say

• haysnoe profile photo haysnoe
  • Reviews: 9

Villa Diamond: Great Location, Very Pleasant

We enjoyed our one-night stay at Villa Diamond in July 2012. The young man at the counter was very attentive and friendly and helped with a map show us places in town and also the best way to reach our next day's destination as well.

The location is excellent, only a couple of blocks from the main pedestrian thoroughfare and also close to the mosque and other central activities. We took a cab to Heraclea which cost about $4 US.

Our room was fine and the bathroom was easily in the top-half that we were afforded in 35 days in the Balkans at a wide variety of hotels. Breakfast was fine and our host introduced me to Bitolska beer which was very good.

Plus, they let us park our car until about 1600 the next afternoon though we'd already checked out earlier. And, yes, we took a cab to Heraclea rather than drive the car we had because driving in towns like this isn't much fun.

• Related to: Arts and Culture, Historical Travel, Archeology
  • Written January 2, 2013

Villa Diamond from Parking Lot

• tmoerkens profile photo tmoerkens

domestika: Only Hostel in Bitola

I came back from a 3 day hikkingtrip with shoes that were a little bit to new for this kind of hikking with backpack.
The owner could see my feed realy hurt and was so nice to get me a beer from the store.

400 den or € 7 p/p night, for a room with lots of space and TV

But it is only open during the Holiday season
Mid june till mid september.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written December 12, 2011
Tip Photo

• tayloretc profile photo tayloretc
  • Reviews: 287

Golemo Ezero Hut: In the middle of Pelister National Park

This hut is located just about in the middle of Pelister National Park, and is the only place to stay if you don’t want to race up and down in one day – and I strongly recommend you don’t race up and down in one day, because the walk, and walking around up near the hut, is beautiful.

So, you’re staying. The hut is basic. Rooms are dormitory bunks, the smaller rooms with six beds, the larger rooms with more than that, and some mattresses on the floor. I’ve seen the number of beds listed ranging from 45 to 60 or more (so I assume the mattresses on the floor count). I found the beds to be comfortable, although the bunks were low. There’s some electricity, for a while in the evenings, heat only from wood stoves, and there’s only one sink in the building (in the kitchen). Clean sheets and lots of wool blankets are available, but you have to bring your own food. Drinks are available, including mountain tea (cheap) and beer (expensive). The toilet is an outhouse, or wherever outside you want it to be.

It’s low-key, and a lot of fun. Tea on the benches outside and dinner en masse inside was really random groups of people sharing whatever they had brought. There appear to be some board games available for whiling away the evening.

The hut isn’t always open, so you need to call or write ahead. If you can’t reach Petar (Nolev, who manages the hut) by phone, try to get him via Facebook (web link below) or email. He speaks English, and is very funny, and can arrange transportation, activities, guides, and accommodation in and around Pelister, including some places you won’t ever find on your own.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: National/State Park, Hiking and Walking
  • Written August 10, 2011

• ozzy2 profile photo ozzy2

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

HOTEL GALA GARDEN BITOLA: NOT RECOMMENDED

We stayed at this hotel and found it far below our expectations. The staff were unhelpful, just after money. It is quite costly for what you get. Small room and tiny bathroom where the shower leaks waste water all over the floor. The sheets used on the bed can't be considered sheets - more like table cloths that scratch your skin if you sleep on them. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. There are much nicer hotels in the area that are not overpriced whose staff are actually helpful instead of trying to squeeze money out of you!

No views. Tiny balcony.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Historical Travel, Festivals
  • Written June 23, 2011

• yumyum profile photo yumyum
  • Reviews: 2683

Hotel Gala Garden: Gala Garden

The hotel Gala Garden is located in the center of the city, very close to the main pedestrian street. You may find it on foot through the archway to the right of the restaurant/pub/pizzeria Bure (note the barrel hanging on the corner of the building).

The Gala Garden is not only a hotel but also a restaurant with a great garden terrace. You may rent the restaurant for an event. We had breakfast in the garden.

We stayed two nights in this hotel and had a room to the front of the building on the top floor. It was actually a triple room even though we had booked a standard double. Due to the VT Euromeet we had a special discounted price at Euro 44.00 including breakfast. Apparently the normal price would have been Euro 60.00 for that particular room. Mind you, breakfast starts quite late, so if you plan to leave early you may want to make special arrangements the night before. You can choose the breakfast items from a card. Like many places in Macedonia they didn't have any black tea but instead we had the fabulous Macedonian mountain (herbal) tea every morning.

There is free parking in front of the building for guests. Sometimes it may be full and then you just have to find a space nearby.

Our room was very comfortable with a mini bar and TV. Because we didn't bring a netbook, I cannot tell you about the available wifi. Someone else in another room had trouble but was told that there is a LAN cable in each room. Staff was friendly but at times a bit disorganised about reservations/prices when the boss isn't around. Hand in your passport for registration. They will keep one passport per room until you have paid your bill.

The spacious bathroom attached to the room we stayed in could be improved with a shelf where one can put things.

I would stay here again any time.

• Written June 14, 2011

Hotel Gala Garden

• Ekaterinburg profile photo Ekaterinburg
  • Reviews: 701

Hotel De Niro: Surprising levels of comfort for a small hotel

Months ago,in the depth of winter I booked a single room at Hotel De Niro. Because of some administrative glitch or maybe just because I got lucky, by the time I arrived in Bitola there were no single rooms left and I got an upgrade to one of two top-floor, luxury suites. This suite was on two levels with a large, comfortable living rooom and bathroom downstairs and a king-sized waterbed and Jacuzzi upstairs. The upper level overlooked the living area, a little like a large balcony and the whole combination was indeed very comfortable and attractively laid out.

Absolutely wrecked after the two-day journey from Belgrade I doubt anybody was ever more appreciative of the comforts offered and I took full advantage of them. I thought the temperatures were too high to lie on a heated waterbed but quickly discovered that the gentle heat soaking into my bones, was pure bliss.

My accomodation was at the original hotel, just of Shirok Sokak and the staff, especially Sasha who checked me in and carried my case upstairs, were extremely helpful and friendly. I'd brought Euros and payed immediately, so there were no problems with credit cards on checking out.

The most outstanding feature of this accomodation for me was the giant, heated waterbed. Sleeping on it was such a pleasant experience, that I actually looked forward to going to bed.

Location, two minutes off Shirok Sokak is central and walking back there at night I felt completely safe and secure.

On my first morning, I had a very late breakfast ( blame the waterbed) served in the courtyard of the Italian restaurant downstairs. This was a substantial plate of cold meats and salad, served with , coffee, juice, bread and a smile. Next morning, when a lot of people were checking out together, it was a foil-wrapped sandwich and a scowl from a staff-member who I suspect was new and under pressure because of the crowd.

Having paid the single room rate of EUR25 for my luxurious accommodation, I am obviously a little prejudiced about this hotel. But apart from the accommodation, I would recommend this hotel for its central location and helpful staff..

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Historical Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written June 8, 2011
Tip Photo

The two levels of my suite

• Dabs profile photo Dabs
  • Reviews: 4148

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel DeNiro: Hotel near the city center

Hotel DeNiro is actually two different hotels, we stayed at the one listed as hotel 2 on their website that has 10 rooms with a double and twin (sleeps 3) and 3 rooms with one bed. We only stayed here for 1 night and the hotel was fine for 1 night but I had a few minor complaints about the hotel, none of which were so terrible that I wouldn't recommend someone staying here but all worth a mention.

First, there was the shower. There was a shower base constructed and a hand held shower device that you could mount on the wall but there was no shower curtain or glass enclosure and the bathroom ended up soaked, even if you used it as a handheld shower. There was a drain in the middle of the bathroom floor so eventually the water went somewhere.

Then there was the checkout, they said we could use a credit card but when I went to pay, the clerk, who spoke very limited English, wasn't there, he was at hotel #1. When had did come back he said I would have to go to hotel #1 if I wanted to pay with a credit card and then asked for my passports back. I paid in cash so we could make our bus on time.

Breakfast was a ham, cucumber, tomato sandwich that the clerk was lugging in a plastic bag back and forth between the two hotels. Other people who paid the same amount as us had full breakfast buffets with their room rates.

The bedroom itself was nice, there was a double bed and a twin bed (sleeps 3) which were all a bit hard but that seems to be common in Macedonia and in Bulgaria where we went after Macedonia. The room was clean and quite large. The hotel that we stayed in wasn't marked very well but I'm guessing they normally check you in at hotel #1 and then bring you to #2. Hotel #2 was located on a small street just off the main street in town, there was no street noise except for the church bells that started pealing at 7am.

Besides the shower issue in the bathroom, the bathroom was fine. Toiletries were only bar soap and packets of shampoo, if there was a hair dryer, I never found it.

• Written June 7, 2011

• LoriPori profile photo LoriPori
  • Reviews: 3199

HOTEL TOKIN HOUSE: A VERY PLEASANT GUEST HOUSE

Friday May 27 to Saturday May 28
As we wanted to attend the Bitola segment of this year's Euromeet, we wanted a nice place to stay which was close to Shirok Sokak, the main street of Bitola. We decided on HOTEL TOKIN HOUSE. After taking the bus from Ohrid to Bitola, we took a taxi to Tokin House. Upon our arrival, we were immediately welcomed by our hosts. We were offered drinks in their lovely, vine-covered outside terrace. Our room was ready for us. It was bright and clean, with a double bed, TV, little couch, wardrobe, and bathroom with shower stall.
In the morning we had a lovely breakfast. We had a choice of four menus:
Menu # 1

yellow cheese
ham egg
juice bread

We had Menu # 1 which was delicious
Breakfast served from 8:00 to 10:00 a.m.

Our Virtual Tourist price was 40 Euros
The Tokin House offers 4 double rooms and 4 triple rooms

• Written June 6, 2011

Hotel Tokin House

• DAO profile photo DAO
  • Reviews: 3686

HOTEL GALA GARDEN: GOOD, BUT NEEDS A LITTLE FINE TUNING

Gala Garden is staffed by friendly, enthusiastic and sometimes disorganised staff. Loveable folks and they do try. So what is Gala Garden like? It was only built in 2010 and the facilities are immaculate and tiled. Rooms are upstairs above the bar/restaurant area with a nice garden area out through the bar. Everything is new, the beds are good and my shower was the best I have ever used. In fact that was the best feature. They advertise a Jacuzzi in all of their 7 rooms – but some have the Power Shower. I had jets and a monsoon overhead setting and a changeable supply of music. Very helpful to get you excited about getting up in the morning.

The brother part of the brother/sister owners actually ironed my shirt when I asked for an iron. He then refused payment. I like this guy.

The only drawbacks are that with all the tile you can hear a party downstairs. I walked into a Wedding Party they had set-up (1st photo) and it was loud into the evening. It did look good though. It was quiet when I went to bed, but it was 2 am thanks to a VT Meeting (too much fun!).

My room was big, well decorated, had a cold mini bar, satellite TV (no CNN) and plenty of hangers. Unfortunately I left some beer in the mini bar I had taken off the airplane. Should keep the maid happy.

They do have parking outside and they really are in the middle of everything in Bitola. They are 20 meters from the middle if the pedestrian area – the “Bitola Strip”.

All rooms have
•Jacuzzi and/or State of the art shower
•Wi-Fi
•Air-conditioning
•room service
•Satellite TV (News only in French)

The hotel offers:
•Big Private Garden to enjoy a drink
•Restaurant serving pasta, pizza and grill meats
•Large parties/business/kid's parties meeting catered for

• Related to: Road Trip, Family Travel, Food and Dining
  • Written June 1, 2011
Tip Photo

BREAKFAST WAS BIGGER THAN EXPECTED !

• JLBG profile photo JLBG
  • Reviews: 6088

Hotel Premier Centar

We found this small hotel by pure chance. The room was 45 € and very comfortable. We had planned to have dinner in the restaurant but they were booked out by a marriage and we had to go elsewhere which was the nearby restaurant of the Epinal Hotel.

Not far from the city center.
It has a covered parking.

• Written May 27, 2011

Hotel Premier Centar

• villadihovo profile photo villadihovo
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Villa Dihovo: Best Villa with "pay according the sattissfaction"

Villa Dihovo

is located on Mt. Pelister. In the village there is a natural pool on the r. Dragor, and many beautiful sites around the village.

The location “Pelisterski Oci” is 4 hours hiking away (8km). Village House Dihovo is located in the center of v. Dihovo (urbanized, with complete infrastructure). Asphalt road leads to the house. The house has been built in typical rustic style, stone and wood, and has own yard of 800m2, with large grass areas and domestic vegetables and fruits, as well as a covered patio and a dinning table. The garden is also equipped with summer kitchen and inbuilt oven.

The service includes domestic food, traditional meals, as well as production of domestic brandy and wine in wooden barrels. The rooms are organized in traditional rustic style, each of them is equipped with a double bed, and two single beds, cupboards and a wardrobe. The entire furniture is made of natural wood.

The heating is secured with electrical panels. The bathroom is equipped with a shower, sink and a boiler with a water container, ensuring 200l of hot water at any time.

The living room with a kitchen is made in stone, and the sitting is organized around a fireplace in rural ambiance. Activities: in the yard numerous activities can be organized: morning aerobics, grass hockey, biking and children’s bikes, games in the sand. Walks in the nature, along the river, and bathing in the river in a natural river pool, walks with a guide and a dog, gathering of seasonal fruits and vegetables, rustic massage, sleeping in a sleeping bag in a barn, skiing, visit of Bitola and Bitola events.

THE PRICE FOR THE ACCOMMODATION IS DECIDED BY THE CLIENTS, AFTER THE DELIVERED SERVICE

Facilities

24 hrs reception desk service

Room Facilities

Mini-bar, Telephone, Room service, Balcony, TV

You can bring pets
Pay according to your satisfaction
Taste organic food and drinks (wine and schnapps)

• Related to: National/State Park, Hiking and Walking, Travel with Pets
  • Written February 25, 2010

Villa

• profotofest profile photo profotofest
  • Reviews: 1

Ambasador hotel in Bitola: Macedonian best boutique hotel

We are group of photographers, we found this hotel as unique boutique hotel in the hart of Bitola, huge luxurious modern apartments. The service was excelent , price was acceptable, 2 people in apartment 80 euros , breakfast very rich, and when we left the place, the owners gave us a bottle of very good red wine.
I found very nice photo galery at the basement in the night club, it works 24 hours. We didn't slip much , but we enjoyed the stay.

Huge safe parking place, very close to everything , beautiful facade

• Written February 9, 2010

• ELear profile photo ELear
  • Reviews: 127

Tokin House: Simple, not expensive, convenient

I stayed here because I'd seen good reviews on the net and the address tickled my fancy. It's not luxurious, but it's perfectly OK, the people there are friendly and helpful, you get a decent breakfast at the Korzo Restorant included in the price (menu one is a large omelet, menu two gets you ham, three hard boiled eggs, cheese, etc....), the taxi-drivers all know it, and it's very conveniently situated just off Shirok Sokak. The house itself is rather beautiful, set back in its own garden, but inside the rooms have been divided up, as you would expect. The dividing walls must be thin, as the noise of the shower coming from the next room was rather loud, but I slept well so I didn't say anything.

There's air-conditioning, and there are rooms on the ground floor, so it should be OK for people with limited mobility. The people there speak good English.

A very reasonable price for a very decent place to sleep

• Related to: Archeology, Family Travel, Architecture
  • Written July 10, 2009

• kapka_dusa profile photo kapka_dusa

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Private accomodation: "Drop of soul"

The apartment with its 40m2offers you everything you need.Fully equiped bathroom,kitchen and living room (including air conditioning and cable TV)are only a way which will enable you to reach the pulse of the pleasure...
I`ve stayed in this appartment for 10 days and J was more than pleasently suprised of the worm and cosy athmospfere in this colourful place which makes you feel as if it`s your own home.
Choose this place and be sure it`s your right decision for enjoyable stay in this lovely town..

Althought it is in the centre of the town , it`s neighborhood is quit peaceful and quiet ...

• Related to: Historical Travel, Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written January 8, 2009

• Arkeolog profile photo Arkeolog
  • Reviews: 623

Hotel De Niro: Hotel De Niro, Best in Bitola

It's in the heart of the city
Clean
safe
friendly Staff
internet

free Carpark and just one minute away from the main street. Also they have a small n clean restaurat downstairs.

• Written July 18, 2008