Kosta Abrasevic bb, Ohrid, 6000, Republic of Macedonia

Travelocity Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Poor

• dila's Profile Photo

Hotel Aleksandrija

We arrived late in Ohrid after our lazy drive from Bitola.
    We had to walk from the hotel Tino as Alexandrija is in the Unesco area and the bus was not aloud to go there. A 5 to 10 minutes walk with luggage.
    We did get a key and i asked if the rooms had seperate beds and this room had no seperate beds. As i was travelling with my brother they gave us 2 seperate rooms for the same price.
    Not sure if they have twin rooms now but i heard they gave our room to someone else before.
    My room was very nice only 1 stair up on the water side.
    My brother had the appartment all the way up 3 stairs (no elevator)

Unique Quality: Nice area good located.
    As most hotels in nice areas you will hear some music. (always bring earplugs on my holidays).
    My room you could close the curtains so light came in very early.

Directions: Near the main Marina

• DAO's Profile Photo

NOT FOR WARM WEATHER

I booked this hotel, well, because the first 3 choices were booked. I was happy with the price and that all rooms have “central aircondition”. No they don’t! I am torn because they bizarrely charged me half of what I agreed to pay and they do get good reviews. Fantastic location? YES. Friendly? Yes. Parking? Challenging but you can get free parking. Air Conditioning in the rooms? NO! Once reality had proved to me that the unit in the room blew hot air for 6 hours – I asked at reception. They confirmed this reality with the response of ‘not at this time of year’. Essentially they see HEATING as “central aircondition”. They also repeat this in written brochures.

The hotel is all tile and you hear the music and noise (not too bad, but you hear it) from the restaurant. The rooms are ok, mini bar, TV, comfy bed, basic shower. They do give you lots of free ‘goodies’ like cotton buds and shoe shine kits.

I would recommend this place – on the top floor – during cold months. Otherwise I would say book somewhere else ahead of time. I fortunately brought my own fan, or I would have really sweated to death. Leaving the windows open means you hear nearby bars, drunks, cars, etc.

If you can sleep through anything – great. But you hear every door, every conversations, and people walking the stairs. They really need carpets.

Unique Quality:
    • False advertising regarding air-conditioning (as most people staying in hotels would understand that term
    • Great location right on the water and a few meters from EVERYTHING
    • Lively, good looking pizza restaurant
    • Free parking – but a challenge to get in/there
    • Free Wi-Fi

• wise23girl's Profile Photo

We were the Luckiest

Wow we walk into a spacious room and voila! What a magnificent view from our balcony. And free wifi. Able to get the washing dry too...towel heaters and a balcony and sunny days mostly.

A breakfast spread was available...swiss style but they also made a hot dish for you if you preferred that.

The Hotel is just inside the old town which means virtually no traffic so you are on the water's edge.

And just around the corner the markets and the shops. Lots of restaurants close by.

Would we stay there again....most definitely.

Unique Quality: For us in 2011 Euros 50 per night. No problems in the Hotel for English speaking kangaroos such as us.

Directions: Just on the edge of the old town

• Roggeveen's Profile Photo

Hotel with a good and a bad side

Please ask for a room at the lakeside. I am staying at the other side opposite of a bar / night club with loud music and ope doors until two or three o clock in the night. Also the constant smell of smoke in the room. There must be some kind of fire outside (for cooking?)

The lakeside rooms are very nice; overlooking the lake and the vivid boulevard.

Big rooms, TV, Internet, no desk for laptop, clean, very nice personel, simple but good breakfast.

Unique Quality: Some rooms and terrace overlooking the lake