Kej Marsal Tito 55, Ohrid, Republic of Macedonia

See Amenities
HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 19, 2011

During the VT Euromeet 2011 we spent two nights in a double room of Hotel Tino. The price for the room including breakfast was 50 Euro, which was a special rate for the VT meeting. Usually this kind of room costs 59 Euro.

With about 27 rooms in 4 storeys Hotel Tino is one of the larger hotels on Ohrid's lake front. We got a double room at the back of the building.

Instead of having a balcony it was very large and equipped with an office desk and a table with three chairs. The bathroom was a bit dated and the floor flooded when taking a shower.

Breakfast was buffet style and available until 11:30 a.m., which is definitely an advantage when having a sleep in.

All in all the hotel was totally adequate; however, if I had the choice I would prefer the Villa Dislevski (see previous tip) to the Hotel Tino for a next stay in Ohrid..

Directions: Hotel Tino can be found right at the main lake promenade Kej Marshal Tito. Ohrid's old town is a good 10 minutes walk away.

yumyum's Profile Photo

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 12, 2011

We stayed in this hotel during the Euromeet in May 2011. We got a room allocated to the back which was quiet and fairly spacious. It was a comfortable room. The ladies at the reception were always very friendly.

The only draw back of our stay was the leaking shower and washbasin which flooded the whole bathroom severely. Since we were sleeping in the maid came when we were still in the room. When going to the breakfast we put the "please clean" sign out but she never came back. They seem to start at the top and work their way down to the bottom. We had room 307.

The buffet breakfast is not overwhelming especially if you arrive late. They run out of things, the cooked things didn't look very appetising anymore and the tea and coffee came out of a thermos flask. The tea was not very warm anymore.

The hotel itself is in a super location. We had them order a taxi to go to the bus station. This worked perfectly.

We paid Euro 50 for a double room with Euromeet discount. The normal price would be Euro 59 in May.

Conclusion:
I was very statisfied with the service at reception, the room itself, the location but there is room for improvement by fixing the bathroom so it won't flood and refill the breakfast buffet with fresh things and for the maid to check the floors later for cleaning after the official breakfast time.

Unique Quality: They have a restaurant with a large enclosed terrace with lake view. Sometimes there is live music.

iaint's Profile Photo

good value

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 30, 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights for the VT meet. It’s about 500m south of the old town, on the lakefront. So a quiet location when I was there.

My room was basic but clean, spacious, quiet and comfortable. It had wifi and a tv (didn’t use the tv). I’m not sure about aircon - it had something, but it might have been a heater.

The only real negative was that it looked straight out onto the next door building, so the windows were kind of superfluous. I was Ok with that - quite happy to sit on the promenade opposite to get the lakeside views.

Maybe one other - they claimed their credit card machine was not working when I went to check out, so I had to got to the nearby ATM and get 6k in denars out. Fine if they’re there...

Breakfast was a hot and cold buffet. Good.

About £50 per night including breakfast.

Unique Quality: Value for money, and location.

Directions: see above

• Room Service
  • Free Parking
  • Free High Speed Internet

Ohrid Travel Forum

Need advice about Ohrid, FYR of Macedonia? Visit the Travel Forum for Ohrid and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Ohrid hotel reviews

Hotel Daljan
Ljubanista Car Camp
Hotel Desaret
Hotel Park
Gradiste Car Camp (Autokamp Gradiste)
Elesec Car Camp