Ohrid Hotels

Our Members Say

• SWFC_Fan profile photo SWFC_Fan
  • Reviews: 1283

Villa Boban: Lovely villa in a residential area of Ohrid

My girlfriend and I stayed at Villa Boban for 4 nights during our visit to Ohrid in March 2012.

We made our reservation via www.booking.com and paid 15 GBP / 1,150 MKD per night for an en-suite double room with no breakfast included.

We settled our bill in cash (4,600 MKD) on the day before we checked out.

Location

Villa Boban is located on the residential street of Dejan Vojvoda, just a couple of minutes walk from the busy Bulevar Turisticka.

We arrived at the villa in a taxi from the bus station and I must say that we would have struggled to find the place by ourselves. Dejan Vojvoda branches off in several directions and there is a distinct lack of street signs. The taxi from the bus station cost us 150 MKD (£2), although when we told Tina (our host at Villa Boban) how much we had paid she said that we had been overcharged and the journey should have cost no more than 80 MKD.

Initially, I was a little concerned that the location seemed a bit peripheral and that we would struggle to find our way back there after dark. However, once we had got our bearings, it was actually a decent enough location and within reasonable walking distance of most of the sights.

There is a small mini-market kiosk serving food, drinks and essential items just outside the villa and a larger "Tamaro" supermarket just a couple of minutes walk away on Bulevar Turisticka. The central market is just over 5 minutes walk away.

Pedestrianised Sveti Kliment Ohridski (the main street in the centre of Ohrid; lined with shops, cafes and restaurants) is a 10 minute walk away and, along this street, the lake front is a further 10-15 minute walk away.

It took us around 15 minutes to walk from the villa to the Upper Gate, from where we then continued to the amphitheatre and Samuil's Fortress.

The bus stop for minibuses to nearby Struga is located just a couple of minutes walk from the villa, on Bulevar Turisticka, and there are always dozens of taxis parked up outside the central market (5 minutes walk from the villa).

Apart from on our arrival and departure, we never used taxis to get us to and from the villa. However, the owners told us that we should expect to pay 50 MKD (£0.65) from the villa to the centre of town and 100 MKD (£1.30) from town to the villa; the difference being due to a one-way system which makes the journey back from town a lengthier one.

Bedroom

Our room was well furnished and provided an interesting blend of old and new. Some of the wooden furniture looked almost antique, while the flat screen TV and mood lighting spotlights with dimmer switch were thoroughly modern.

The double bed was a little hard, but we slept well every night regardless. Other furnishings included a sofa, two cushioned chairs, a writing desk and two spacious wooden wardrobes. There were ornate lamp shades, colourful rugs and picture frames on the walls.

One of the wardrobes housed a mini fridge and we were also provided with a kettle. Room temperature could be set by remote control.

The TV picked up dozens of channels, including English language channels such as Travel Channel, Eurosport and CNN (but no BBC News). Tina provided us with the password for the free in-room wi-fi when we checked in; it worked perfectly from the outset and provided a fast and reliable connection. There were plenty of sockets in the room for recharging batteries and mobile phones overnight.

The room opened up onto a front facing balcony with a table and a couple of chairs. The balcony is shared with the neighbouring room (it's plenty big enough) but as we were the only guests at the time of our visit we had it to ourselves. The views were largely of the surrounding residential streets, backed by snow-capped mountains and a glimpse of Samuil's Fortress through the gaps in the nearby houses.

Our room was cleaned thoroughly each day. The bed was made and any clothing items that we left laying around were hung up in the wardrobe. I was shamed into hanging my coat up each day instead of just slinging it over the back of a chair! The room was spotlessly clean and tidy.

The shower room was small, but adequate for our needs. There was no bathtub in it, just a shower cubicle, a toilet and a washbasin. The shower cubicle leaked a little, leaving the bathroom floor wet, but it wasn't a major problem for us.

Fresh towels were provided each day, but little was provided in terms of toiletries. There was a liquid soap dispenser above the washbasin, but that was it. No hairdryer was provided. There was always plenty of hot water.

General

The online photographs that we had seen prior to our stay showed an inviting outdoor hot tub and small swimming pool in the grounds of the villa. One of the things that appealed to us about Villa Boban was the possibility of relaxing in the hot tub after a day of sightseeing. Unfortunately, neither of these were operating in March; they were both empty. In the busier summer months, it is possible to purchase breakfast from the villa and enjoy it on the terrace by the pool, but not in March.

There was a little maintenance and restoration work going on around the villa during our stay. It never inconvenienced us though.

The owners of the villa have a golden labrador which can often be found sitting on the terrace in front of the villa. The dog barked occasionally and sniffed at us as we came and went, but seemed to recognise us after a couple of days and barely acknowledged our presence. Neither of us are particularly keen on dogs, but this one was no real bother.

The owners, Tina and Boban, are incredibly friendly and speak English perfectly. Upon arrival, Tina made drinks for us and invited us into her lounge while she explained everything that we needed to know. She pointed us in the direction of the communal kitchen and told us to make use of it whenever we liked. She provided us with maps and pointed out the key sights. She recommended restaurants and places to visit and told us how much we should expect to pay for taxis and excursions. She was particularly keen to ensure that we didn't fall prey to anybody trying to overcharge us and told us to ask her for advice before arranging trips into Albania and to Sveti Naum Monastery.

Tina and Boban were kind enough to sort out our return bus reservations to Skopje. We had purchased return tickets when we left Skopje but didn't realise that we had to reserve a specific bus. We informed them which bus we wanted to catch (after they had provided us with the departure times) and they phoned the bus station to make our reservation and even went to pick our tickets up for us. They also phoned for a taxi for us when we left for the bus station.

We paid our bill in cash the day before we left. At the time, they didn't have any change to give me. I said that it didn't matter (it was only a couple of pounds), but they were adamant that they would get my change for me. Sure enough, my change (every denar of it) was waiting for me when we returned to our room later in the day.

A lovely villa in a residential area of Ohrid...but within easy walking distance of the centre and the main sights. Our room was comfortable and well furnished and our hosts were unfailingly friendly and helpful. The only downside is that we were there in the off-season and the swimming pool and hot tub weren't operational at that time. We'd certainly stay there again and would happily recommend it to others.

• Written July 13, 2012

Villa Boban, Ohrid

• etfromnc profile photo etfromnc
  • Reviews: 618

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Lost in Ohrid: Lost in Ohrid?

Are you going to Ohrid and have questions about where to stay? That was the toughest part of our trip last May, and we even had outstanding native help in our quest. Since returning home, I have discovered that there are private rooms available for €10 euro or less, while opulent historic villas turned into B&Bs run for under €50 (US$71.50). Bus services run to sites along the lake coast, including Galičica National Park with hiking, boating and swimming spots.
To find these out of the way and still inexpensive accommodations go to www.LostinOhrid. This is somewhat of a tourist agency which can not only find these little known accommodation bargains for you but can also assist in organizing the other portions of your stay.

• Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written December 24, 2011

• HORSCHECK profile photo HORSCHECK
  • Reviews: 2659

Villa Dislevski

Just before the start of the VT Euromeet 2011 we spent two nights in the Villa Dislevski which we had booked by e-mail in advance. The price was 43 Euro for 2 people.

The modern Villa belongs to two Macedonian brothers who both speak some German and probably also a bit English.

At that time we were the only guests in the building and therefore got one of the 3 bed apartments with a balcony facing the backyard. The surrounding area was very quiet at night, so we slept very well.

Our comfortable apartment also included a small kitchenette as well as a bathroom with a fancy shower with massage unit and radio. I must admit that at first I had problems to find out how to just take a shower here.

The buffet style breakfast included warm and cold dishes. We really enjoyed our time in the Villa Dislevski and compared to the Hotel Tino (see next tip) I would prefer the villa for a next stay in Ohrid.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Road Trip, Backpacking
  • Written June 19, 2011

Villa Dislevski

• yumyum profile photo yumyum
  • Reviews: 2684

Villa Dislievski: Villa Dislievski

The Villa Dislievski is a pretty new place, very well built, just a few meters off the the main road "Kej Marsal Tito". It's located in a small side street which is very quiet.

The building is owned by two brothers which each have half of it. So you can book in Villa Dislievski A or B (see their homepage). So it can happen that you make your booking with one brother while you will actually stay with the other. Because it was off season and during the week we were the only guests. We booked with breakfast which was especially put up for us in buffet style.

Most rooms have a balcony with a plastic table and chairs and a lot of them have a small kitchenette. The shower is excellent. Plently of hooks to hang things up. Someone really thought what a traveller needs. There is free wifi, which we didn't use and a good TV. Where you have breakfast, they have a bar area and a wintergarden type room to relax.

We paid Euro 43 for the double room including breakfast but got put in a triple room to have more space. Everything was very clean. The owners don't speak much English, they have a better knowledge of German. Their website is also in English., so no problem with bookings in English. Everyone was very friendly. We stayed here for 2 nights in May 2011.

I would stay here any time again.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written June 12, 2011

front view

• Ekaterinburg profile photo Ekaterinburg
  • Reviews: 701

Villa Dislievski: Stylish and inexpensive villa accommodation

Vila Dislievski is situated along a little lane that runs off the main lakeside promenade. Two minutes walk will bring you to this prom that runs along the lake shore and it's about 500m from there to the centre of Ohrid.

It's a brand-new building and everything is fresh and spotlessly clean. There are studios and apartments and luxury apartments but if you're there in the off-season ( or maybe at any time ) and need a single or double, then it's worth asking if they have availability.

I booked a single room and ended up with a large studio, for three people with a huge balcony, flat-screen TV, tiny little kitchen area and a magnificent bathroom. I mention the bathroom because it was particularly well-equipped with a state of the art shower unit where you could listen to the radio while having your aches and pains soothed by torrents of hot water coming from all sides.

For me the bed was a little too 'firm' and if booking in there again I would ask for a softer mattress. But having said that I slept well and given the overall comfort of the accommodation, it was not a major issue.

Location is a big selling point for this property. Two minutes from the promenade and at the more peaceful end, away from the noise of the town-centre bars.

The villa is run by a young couple who are friendly and helpful. The woman speaks a little English and was always happy to give advice, directions etc.

Breakfast is included in the room price and includes hot and cold food, bread, juice, coffee/tea and fruit. There was a substantial cooked dish every morning, like scrambled eggs with peppers, fried eggs, sausages and some local foods I wasn't familiar with.

Outside of the breakfast room is a sunny terrace area where you can sit and enjoy the sunshine.

Price for single occupancy of my room was EUR 27 per night.

Overall, this is an excellent choice , in terms of comfort, cleanlliness, value for money and bright spacious accommodation. I would certainly stay there again and recommend it wholeheartedly.

• Related to: Architecture, Photography, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written June 7, 2011

Villa Dislievski

• Dabs profile photo Dabs
  • Reviews: 4149

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Villa Veron: Nice hotel just a block off the main road

I picked the Villa Veron from the good reviews on booking.com and the incredibly low cost of 20€ per night for an ensuite double room. Based on the grumblings from others that stayed in Ohrid at the same time as us, we were very pleased with our choice. The hotel has 14 rooms, all of them with a private bathroom, refrigerator and balcony.

We arrived late in the evening and the hotel reception tried to call us to verify that we were still coming, fortunately someone was there to greet us when we got in, wearing a Crown Point Indiana tshirt which gave us a good laugh as that is really close to where we live. It appears that this is always someone on call, the hotel staff all spoke very good English.

Our room had a flat screen TV and there was free wifi in our room, just ask at reception for the password.

The hotel has only been open since July 2009, our room looked like it had just been renovated, very clean and comfortable. Not a lot of amenities but I didn't expect much considering the low price of 20€ per night.

The shower was a little small and the only toiletries provided were bar soap and packets of shampoo. I figured I would need my own for most of the places we were staying and packed all that I needed. No hair dryer although I'm sure I could have borrowed one from the owner if I needed it. Breakfast was not included in the rate but we found a bakery just down the street called Bake & Cake where we got a delicious slice of meat burek and another slice of pizza burek for 45 MKD (about $1US).

The hotel is not on the waterfront but is only 1 block from it and a short 10-15 minute walk to get to the old section of town. The bus station required a taxi ride but that would be true of any hotel in Ohrid.

• Written June 6, 2011

Villa Veron

• LoriPori profile photo LoriPori
  • Reviews: 3200

HOTEL DIPLOMAT: GREAT LOCATION - QUIET NEIGHBORHOOD

May 20 to 31, 2011
HOTEL DIPLOMAT was the hotel in the package with Corendon Travel. It is a lovely Hotel in a quiet neighborhood and only a few minutes walk to the Lake and Town Center.
Our room consisted of one Queen -size bed - TV - Big wardrobe closet and dresser, terrace with two comfy wicker chairs - shower with shampoo and soap provided.
The Hotel also has a lift and offers 18 triple and 11 double rooms. Free Internet is provided.
Breakfast is included - served from 7:30 to 10:00 a.m.
Breakfast was pretty good with breads, rolls, meats, cheeses, hard-boiled and fried eggs, olives, oranges, bananas, once - kiwi, yogurt, cereal, coffee, tea, orange and mango juices.
With so many nice breads in Macedonia, the white and often not fresh bread they offered, was my only disappointment.

• Written June 6, 2011

Hotel Diplomat

• KristaB profile photo KristaB
  • Reviews: 324

Hotel Aleksandar: Great vista

Aleksandar Vila is locate right next to the city center, which has its good and bad sides - the later being rather noisy due to proximity of the main promenade. And the frogs! But that was actually a pleasant noise, sort of a night time lullaby.

The view from my window was gorgeous - towards the lake and stunning mountains behind it. The staff is very friendly, in a soothing and non-imposing way. Breakfast was good, from cold buffet self-service to different tasty omelettes (slightly greasy, but good). Wireless internet connection was excellent.

My bed was very comfy, and despite the street noise as well as that from those cute horny frogs, I slept like a baby. In the bathroom, the selection of toiletries included also a foldable toothbrush & a tiny toothpaste, my only complaint would be that the sink faucet was located so close to the edge of the sink, it was impossible to use without flooding the surrounding area. There is no hairdryer in the bathroom, but you can borrow it from the reception desk at no extra cost.

• Related to: Arts and Culture, Museum Visits, Historical Travel
  • Written June 3, 2011

Window view

• MacedonianUK profile photo MacedonianUK
  • Reviews: 251

Villa Dislievski: De luxe stay for reasonable price

I stayed in Villa Dislievski, as an part of doing research for good accommodation for the upcoming EuroMeet 2011 in Bitola & Ohrid.
I am so glad that I found this little villa tucked away in a small side street off the main promenade in Ohrid.
I stayed for one night, but made sure I've been bit awkward.... I can tell you the owners were so nice that I felt sorry to be naughty.
Anyhow I stayed in one of the double rooms, which was nice & big looking over the terrace & the parking. Nice big bathroom with nice shower.
I really had restful night.
The Villa has small bar & lounge where they serve breakfast buffet style.
The bigger rooms (sleep3,4 or 5) have fully equip kitchenet and they are perfect if you are staying longer, 5-14days,specially during the summer as you can cook your own meals.
Every room has nice terrace to sit outside. Also there is an AC, cable TV, free WiFi and mini bar; Terrace with pergola on the ground floor is perfect for chillin' out.
If you are coming with car they have parking space for 20 cars.

• Related to: Historical Travel, Singles, Sailing and Boating
  • Written December 5, 2010
Tip Photo

• hazard_mkd profile photo hazard_mkd

villa St. Clement The Lesser: Ohrid's Best villa. Exclusive accommodation

We stayed in Villa St Clement in July 2009 for a few nights during our trip to Macedonia.
We were welcomed by a very friendly staff who were very helpful to answer all kind of questions about the town.
The rooms are of a nice size, clean and very well furnished. This is a real five star accomodation, in Macedonia!
The price is of course a little higher than a private accomodation, but I would say that 40-50 euros a night for such a nice place is really nothing.
A continental breakfast is also included which was perfect for us.
The hotel is in the old town, a little hidden on a side street but this is also an advantage since the town is really busy during the summer period, especially during weekends. The place is situated so that you will not get disturbed by the clubs and cafés nearby.

I definitely recommend the place to anyone who wishes to visit Ohrid :)

Great view, VERY clean.

• Related to: Business Travel, Luxury Travel, Historical Travel
  • Written September 28, 2009

• lile26 profile photo lile26

Rooms to let -: Smestaj Ohrid - novoizgradene SOBE na 1km od centa

Luksuzno opremjene sobe so TV na 1km od centara grada.Na smo 100 metara od Club ARENA, Pica AMERIKANO. Cena 8 eura po osobi. Javete se da rezervirate. Tel +389 70 352 767 email: liljananaumoska@gmail.com

Rooms to let with tv, 1km from centre of Ohrid. Price 8 euro / person. Make reservation +389 70 352 868 email: liljananaumoska@gmail.com

• Related to: Water Sports, Beaches, Budget Travel
  • Written June 24, 2009
Tip Photo

• ohridoh profile photo ohridoh

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

pension"oldtown"ohrid: ohrid private accomodation

Pension "Old Town"offers accomodation in the beautifully part of Ohrid(Old town)strong center ,with wonderfully overviewing the lake and the town,each of the rooms are with bath cable-tv balcony..information+389 70 802 821. E-MAIL: pensionoldtown@yahoo.com

Pension "Old Town"offers accomodation in the beautifully part of Ohrid(Old town)strong center ,with wonderfully overviewing the lake and the town,each of the rooms are with bath cable-tv balcony..information :+389 70 802 821 E-MAIL: pensionoldtown@yahoo.com

• Related to: Photography, Camping, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written May 20, 2009
Tip Photo

• kapka_dusa profile photo kapka_dusa
  • Reviews: 2

Pleasure: Private accommodation

A flat of 52m2( 2 rooms ), 10 min. of the center,a warm and nice enterier with ethno `s segments which complete superfine place , where you can find your piece and rest...

• Related to: Historical Travel
  • Written January 8, 2009
Tip Photo

• haufca profile photo haufca
  • Reviews: 6

Mizo Hotel: 3*** Hotel in Ohrid

I liked hotel very much. I suggest the hotel especially for the tourists from Turkey. The owner of the hotel is Turkish and they are so helpful.
Rooms are clean - hot water - staff is helpful.

It has a very nice view...It is near Lake Ohrid.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Family Travel, National/State Park
  • Written August 11, 2008

ohrid

• oromer profile photo oromer

Private accommodations in Ohrid

We stayed in Ohrid 1 week, from June 17, reserved accommodation in a private appartment from an excelente site: http://visit-ohrid.com
The site owned by a very nice guy named Antonio. We choosed 3 diferent apts. and Antonio answered by mail, giving me his messenger, so we talk directly. Also helped us to rent a car from a local agency with a nice discount and promissed his brother (he had a group to guide this day) and somebody from the car agency will wait us in the airport. And it was true! Two persons holding a bord with my name waited for us. After arranging the payment for the car, Antonio's brother took us to see the 3 apts. and we chose one named KATE, in the main street, close to the main attractions, very clean and comfortable, with A.C., TV, bathroom and kitchen for 20 Euro for night!
Antonio also provided us with information about attractions and excursions around the city, where to buy (there are a supermarket and two excelent bakeries and an extensive open market a few meters from the apt.)
In the website you can find about 80 apts, rooms and guesthouses with prices from 5 euro to 40 euro for room. There is also information about nightlife, restaurants, bars, weather and maps, By the way, Antonio does not take money from the tourist for his services!, only from houses owners!

• Related to: Family Travel, Beaches, National/State Park