Struga Hotels

Our Members Say

• MacedonianUK profile photo MacedonianUK
  • Reviews: 251

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel DRIM: right in the middle of things still very serine...

Hotel DRIM (as the river Black Drim) is situated on the edge of the lake shore at Struga where the river Black Drim empties into the river bed and goes onvards to the Adriatic..
It lay on the main bridge over the river and about 5 min walk to the main pedestrian and shopping area of Struga town.
We stayed there in July 2011 for couple of nights.
It is big hotel with ample space and good chunk of beach belonging to the hotel, knowing that Struga doesnt have much of the shorefront..
The hotels has about 500 rooms and has few pools as beach front... There is an ample child play area free of charge for the guests of the hotel, indoor pool too, masage and hidrotherapy facilities, shops, hairdresse,few bars and 3 big restaurants, as well as ball room and every floor has pleasant window section with easy chairs to sit and relax.. The rooms are biggish , have AC, Minibar, free WIFI, TV and cable, hairdryer. One big plus was recenty redone BIG bathrooms!! Also every room had big balcony with table and 2 chairs.. we had rooom overlooking quient garden, bit of the river and the lake...
Breakfast was bufet affare, and I was suprised for the choice they offered, there was continetal choice and hot choice including fresh before you prepared eggs and bacon...
The choice can compare with better know western brands too..
We paid 50Euros a night B&B for double room in the summer season... I think it was wort the price and the service was great ! Smooth with an smile..

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written September 15, 2011

• tayloretc profile photo tayloretc
  • Reviews: 287

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Drim: Resort just a step from town

The Hotel Drim is a nice resort in a great central location, with a large private beach, services like laundry and hair stylists, indoor and outdoor pools and other sports facilities, a wonderful playground for the kids, and one of the better breakfast buffets I’ve had anywhere. This hotel was a high-end retreat in the former Yugoslavia, built in the late 1970s. I found the aesthetics of it somewhat unsettling. The public spaces are how I imagine communists imagined Las Vegas, and the rooms are a step or two up from utilitarian. (If you visit the website, you’ll see what I mean – it’s not a bad thing, just unsettling.)

Rooms are decent and clean, albeit stuck somewhere in the 80s (I think) and starting to show wear around the edges. All have private balconies. Some have a view, but thanks to creative architecture, about half don’t, and another quarter has half a view, but does overlook a garden, and you can hear the river and watch the sunset. Is that confusing? So is the shape of the building.

Regardless, I got excellent service from restaurant, bar, and housekeeping staff, including odd requests. Reception went above and beyond in helping me find, last minute and at an early hour, a cab with an English-speaking driver for a couple hours trip to some nearby, but not all well known, sites. There were a couple of times when English wasn’t spoken, but we sorted it out in pidgin-German (there are a huge number of Dutch tourists who stay here with tour groups). I have no complaints.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Spa and Resort, Beaches
  • Written August 9, 2011
Tip Photo

• Pijlmans profile photo Pijlmans
  • Reviews: 1330

L&T Apartments: Apartments with a view

L&T Apartments is located at the shore of Lake Ohrid, just outside the center of Struga.

There are six self-catering apartments, and each apartment can house up to 4-5 persons.

The owner is VirtualTourist member Ezerski, called Zarko Mukoski in real life.

Zarko helped me out in the Macedonia Forum with some questions I had about hikes in the surrounding, about which he is very knowledgeable. He speaks English very well, so you will have no problems with communication!

We decided to meet for a coffee and he showed us around his apartment building. The view from the rooms is marvelous, especially from the upper apartments. Since we have our own accommodation in Ohrid, we did not stay here...

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written September 18, 2010
Tip Photo

L&T Apartments

• merak profile photo merak
  • Reviews: 150

Private accomodation in Struga

Didn't stay there, they only showed it to me.

One double room whith balcony for 10 Euro. 9 beds in the same stage, up to 6 people expected (?), 5 Euro per night and person.
Bathroom well acconditioned in nearly German home standard.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive