Strumica Hotels

Our Members Say

• MacedonianUK profile photo MacedonianUK
  • Reviews: 251

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Ilinden: gem in the hart of the city

I have stayed in the Hotel few times on my visits to Strumica & had excellent experiance.
That was the reason I have choosen it for one of the hotels for the VT "Food and wine crawl" around Macedonia in June 2011.
The rooms are big and very clean, and have decent and clean bathrooms.
Every room has TV, Fridge and most of them have balkonies, with big and light windows.
The hotel is 3 min walk from the center of town and all bars and caffees. One drwback is that there is no disability acces and no lift. Latho is hotel with only 3 levels ..
There are around 20 rooms and all are equipt with A/C which is needed in the Hot Macedonian Summer nights...

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written September 13, 2011

• Pijlmans profile photo Pijlmans
  • Reviews: 1303

Monastery of the 15 Martyrs of Tiberiopolis: Spiritual Stay

The Monastery of the 15 Martyrs or Tiberiopolis is one of the nicest places we have stayed in Macedonia. We stayed here for three days while exploring Strumica and surroundings.

You can rent a room for 600 MKD per person per day (about 10 euros), and this includes breakfast and dinner. The dinner is the same for everybody, you just have to eat what they prepare. It is a simple but tasty meal, and was a very welcome change from the usual restaurant food we already had for days while we were on the road.

The rooms are relatively new, but could have been cleaner. Just remember this is not a hotel!

When we were there, most rooms were booked for construction workers from all over Macedonia, who were working near Strumica. They left early in the morning with a big bus and we only saw them in the evening. We were the only two tourists staying here.

We could park our car within the monastery premises, safely behind a big gate. According to somebody working in the monastery we should not leave the car outside the gates because of the possibility of theft.

The monastery is not in quiet area, it is in the middle of a Roma part of town and you could hear Roma music all day long, which added to the experience in my opinion. So don't expect that the "spiritual stay" from the title means "quiet stay"!

The woman who cooked was almost like a mother for us, taking really good care of us and giving us extra portions during dinner (to the dismay of the construction workers who probably earned it much more after their hard work under the burning Macedonian sun!)

Stay and eat with the Macedonian people. Beautifully kept grounds.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written September 9, 2011
Tip Photo

Monastery Lodging

• ELear profile photo ELear
  • Reviews: 127

Podgorski An: Convenient, very reasonable price

I got the impression that the Podgorski An was mainly a place where people came to eat, but you can also sleep there. My room was fairly basic, but it was clean and it had everything that I wanted (including efficient air conditioning, and a balcony), I slept well, and for the price I think it was good. The food was excellent, especially their "ajvar". I could check my email on the computer in the bar whenever I wanted. The owners, who have lived in Switzerland and speak French, were extremely helpful, for example in organising a taxi to take me to visit the monasteries of St Leontius in Vodocha and The Holy Mother of God Eleusa in Veljusa, both of which are wonderful.

A quiet position out in the country (near Kolesino), but conveniently situated for trips to all sorts of places near Strumica - waterfalls, mountains, monasteries....

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Architecture, Hiking and Walking
  • Written July 10, 2009

• badamcevski profile photo badamcevski
  • Reviews: 81

Strumica's First Choice

Hotel 'SIRIUS', opened on March 6, 1998, is located on the south end of the city of Strumica. It is a four star hotel and it has a lot to offer to its guests.
Its fourty double rooms and four apartments offer a nice and quiet place for stay, away from the busy city and yet only ten minute drive to the center of the city.
Its restaurant with 250 seats and summer balcony with 250 seats are always welcomming those who want to have a delicious meal or maybe just a drink

Those who come with the intention to work can have their meetings at the business club with 60 seats. And for those who can not do without recreation there are two tennis courts (red clay courts), a mini-olympic open-air swimming pool, and hiking trails at the foot of the mountain Belasica.

• Opinion of Price: N/A