Hotel Pine

str. Mile Pop Jordanov 1b, 1000 Skopje, Macedonia

Hotel Pine
Booking.com HostelBookers.com

• planxty's Profile Photo

No frills but perfectly OK.

I do not know how it happens but it does occasionally. I was quite sure I had written up all my tips for the 2011 Euromeet in Macedonia which was so wonderfully organised by VT member MacedonianUK&L* but it appears I haven't. Whilst cross-referencing and checking pages yesterday (January 2013) I found that I had omitted to write a tip on the hotel I stayed in on that trip in Skopje.

The premises in question was the Hotel Pine and was used by quite a number of the VT members and friends who all seemed happy with it (see image). I discovered that it was about three doors along from the Hotel Kapistec where I had previously stayed (see seperate tip on this page) which leads me to believe that this must be the area for inexpensive accomodation in the city. It is pretty quiet, not being on a main road and I felt completely safe here, even walking alone late at night. It is not central but I walked into the centre in about 30 minutes. You could get a bus if you like but I am fond of walking.

The hotel itself is spotless and with a lovely garden which is pleasant to sit in. I rarely eat breakfast and so I am not sure about the dining room facilities but there does not seem to be much else in the way of communal areas. The room itself was ensuite, clean if pretty basic but more than adequate for my needs. The images give an idea. The only minor complaint that I had was that I was on the top floor up quite a narrow staircase as there was no lift but, as I say, that is a minor quibble.

I found the staff to be friendly enough when you saw them, which was not so often as there isn't much on the way of a reception here. All in all, if you are looking for a decent and relatively inexpensive place to stay in Skopje, this could well be for you.

Unique Quality: No unique qulaities, just a clean pleasant hotel in a decent area at a reasonable price.

Comments