Arthur Hotel

See Amenities
Turska's Profile Photo

Cheap, little worn out

by written on May 13, 2012

We had to find a cheap hotrel as soon as possible, when we found out our god son did get to Emergenza music- competion Finnish finale in two days.
It was so short timing, and some exhitions going on at the same time, so we didn´t get as good offers as usual. Arthur was 75e from onhotels.com (I checked all the prices from trivago.com ). We did as for a doubble bed, but didn´t get one. The room is little worn out. My sister has been here many times in her business trips, and she said they have also new rooms, but the price is higher of course.
One reason my sister likes this place is the fact they do have roioms for dog visitors. Actually there is a dog at reception some times. Too bad she wasn´t there at the moment.
My sister says the breakfast in here is very good. Sorry, but I can´t say about that, because we had quite party last night, and slept too long..

Unique Quality: Most Finnish hotels are usually quite modern and nice, so this didn´t feel like a normal Finnish hotel. But it was cheap, in good location and rooms were clean. Nothing wrong with it. I just know that two weeks later we could have had quite good hotels for the same price.
Parking at Kluuvi-parking garage was 24e for 24hours. (May 2012) Quite typical price for a parking in Helsinki.

Directions: Near Kaisaniemi subway station

DvaSrca's Profile Photo

A decent hotel in the heart of Helsinki

by written on August 27, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for 6 nights, I was really satisfied with how close it was to the city centre and the main spots of interest (like Suommenlinna, the port and nightclubs). The room I was staying in was renovated, though the exterior of the hotel looked pretty neglected. The only bad thing about the room was the bathroom, the bathtub was not adjusted to the wall, so one should be very careful not to spill the water out, or else they'd have to clean the whole bathroom or just cause a huge mess. Room service was adequate, the rooms were noise free for the bigget part of the day except from around 10 am, when the children at the school on the other side of the street had their break. The staff was for the most part helpful, they gave me maps of the city and brochures for tours to some of the main attractions. Generally satisfied from this hotel, it was cheaper than the other hotels of the city (Helsinki has very expensive accommodation), so I would recommend it. It's a safe choice.

Unique Quality: The price was the best I found for a proper hotel in Helsinki. The breakfast was more than satisfying.

bonio's Profile Photo

Arthur

by written on October 12, 2009

Comfortable and conveniently close to the city centre, a three night stay here for us.
No problems with our stay, had read some variable reviews before we left home, the bathroom was one of those walk around ones where the floor gets pretty wet but you soon get used to it, we quite enjoy them ourselves!
Anyway, a decent buffet breakfast included in the reasonable (by Helsinki standards) price and lookout for happy hour in the bar / restaurant downstairs.
Enjoyed our stay here.

jorgec25's Profile Photo

A good budget choice in the Center

by written on July 7, 2009

Hotel Arthur is a good choice, right in the center of Helsinki, and not far from the train station and the bus terminal.

It's a budget hotel, if you compare with other prices in Helsinki.

The staff was very friendly, and the buffet breakfast very nice, with plenty of choice.

On the downside was the bathroom, at least for our habits (no closed shower?) and the furniture inside the room, that was very old and weary.

Unique Quality: The sauna of course. The last floor of the hotel was completely renovated (the rooms are more expensive on that floor), and there is also a sauna, available to hotel guests for a small fee. It was a very good experience.

JohannaKaarina's Profile Photo

Centrally located moderate hotel

by written on July 19, 2006

I stayed in Arthur for one night in Febryary 2006 and it was ok. The location is great and price is not too bad. Breakfast was nearly excellent.
The downside of the hotel is that it looks like it has not been renovated for a while, eg. furniture and carpets are a little of date.

tampacate's Profile Photo

Excellent Location

by written on May 12, 2006

I stayed at this hotel while my husband was in the hospital in Helsinki, nearly 3 weeks. During that time the staff was most considerate and helpful. Once I thought I would be leaving the next day; my husband got worse and we had to stay. The staff was very accommodating. The only negative I encountered was the lack of A/C; but then we were having an unusual hot spell in July. Still, with the window open, it was o.k.

Buffet breakfast was excellent.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone not looking for luxury, but rather a friendly establishment. Internet access was available for a price. Messages were displayed on the television screen so they were hard to miss. Bus tours use this hotel.

Unique Quality: Location -- near port and train station.

Directions: one bus stop from train station -- easy walk

buffalo1975's Profile Photo

Arthur hotel was great

by written on March 28, 2005

I was there for 3 nights, located 5 mins from the rail station, you have the underground even closer, aswell as many buses and trams.

It cost me 60 euros for a single, i got a twin room, it was immaculate. enough space. comfortable beds.

Breakfast was 7:30 -11 and it was good. cold food and warm too, nice coffee and fruits and cakes.

The staff were friendly and spoke superb English.

For 7 euros, i used the sauna and it was a treat! Try it, its Finland!

deptlads's Profile Photo

Hotel Arthur

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 15, 2004

This supposedly 3-star hotel has a good central location, but the general feel of the place to us was a bit down-market. It is marketed as a budget hotel, and is apparently popular with Russians, althought the rates do not always compare favourably with other, much nicer, hotels in the city centre (particularly during the summer).

Our room was small and, frankly, a little pokey. It was right at the end of a long and winding corridor (with lots of fire doors and short flight of steps) through what was rather reminiscient of student accommodation. Breakfast was OK, and the hotel does have a restaurant and bar (though this closed quite early). Overall, we were disappointed, and I don't think that we will be staying here again.

Unique Quality: Location.

Directions: Close to the bus station and the main railway station.

grrl_travel's Profile Photo

Hotel Arthur

by written on September 7, 2002

see web site, but for a single starting at about $60 a night.

Unique Quality: hmmm. this is a perfectly fine hotel. the people there are very nice, but they are a bit fussy about breakfast times :) Nothing extrordinary, but very convenient and clean (and the beds were comfy).

Directions: HOTEL ARTHUR

Suite - maximum 5 persons 166 148
Extra bed Starting from 12 years of age 20 20
under 12 years 10 10

Children under 4 years free of charge without own bed
Room rates include buffet breakfast, service and local tax.
We reserve the rights for possible rate changes.

Unique Quality: Excellent location.

Directions: VUORIKATU 19
FIN -00100 HELSINKI

About 200 meters from railway station, near National theater.

Nearby Arthur Hotel

• Suites
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Bar / Lounge

Helsinki Travel Forum

Need advice about Helsinki, Finland? Visit the Travel Forum for Helsinki and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Helsinki hotel reviews

Kaivohuone
Lost & Found
Saslik
Restaurants
Washing carpets at the beach
Local Customs
Cafe Carusel
Papa Giovanni
Kaisla
Juttutupa
Gastropub
Restaurants
A first floor dinner venue
Taidehalli aka Kunsthalle
The Kirpila Art Collection
Design Museum
Virka Gallery
Things to Do
In the Vanha Kauppahalli (old market hall)
Restaurants
In the heart of the City
A city centre Chinese restaurant