4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Kalastajatorpantie 1, Helsinki, Southern Finland, 00330, Finland

Expedia.com Booking.com Hilton.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• Luckell's Profile Photo

Beautiful location, luxury hotel!

Hotel Hilton Kalastajatorppa is an excellent place for those who wants something comfortable and luxury. I have actually never lived at the hotel but my family had to stop there once when my little brother started to vomit during a trip. It was kind of embarrassing because we were dressed as we were going to our summer cottage and the hotel is a five star hotel. They had beautiful sofas in the bathrooms and I remember that it impressed me a lot. What I personally saw of the hotel was a great and beautiful hotel, and I have only heard good things about it. I really recommend this hotel for you guys, enjoy!

Directions: The hotel is located on a idyllic place about 8 kilometers from downtown. It's easy to take a tram from near the hotel in to downtown, and the area around the hotel is also watchable!

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Hilton Helsinki Kalastajatorppa

This hotel is not new, but it was renamed now as part of the Hilton hotels.
    It is located in one of the most beautiful and peaceful areas of Helsinki. There are many green areas to walk around by the sea and in the summer, you can enjoy the hotel beach here.
    The location is also great for someone with a car as you can park it for free here.
    Even that I do live near by, I still used this hotel couple of times, I even invited some VT friends here, who knows, maybe you can be my next guest here ;-)

Directions: West of Helsinki

• monica78's Profile Photo

Scandic Hotel Kalastajatorppa...

Scandic Hotel Kalastajatorppa Helsinki

Unique Quality: Located 5 km outside Helsinki. A beautiful location near the sea.
    Saunas, swimmingpool and bubble bath.

More about Hilton Helsinki Kalastajatorppa

Pub or bar required

by firemanphil

We are arriving late on a Friday evening in a couple of weeks time, and will not be at our hotel until after 10pm. The hotel is the Hilton Helsinki Strand near Hakaneimi. We don't want to pay Hilton prices for a drink, so we would like advice on whether there are a couple of pubs or bars within 10 minutes walk of the hotel. We don't want to wander aimlessly around empty streets looking for a beer, so any suggestions will be gratefully received.

by Turska

and Finnish pubs are open late, and at friday and saturday even later. They can be open even up to 4 a.m. (some of the) and most are at least until 2 a.m. Juttutupa for example seems to be open until 3 a.m.
,so no need to worry,if you come late. We Finns are used to that, and in London for example it´s so strange, when pubs are closing, and you should go to nightclub. (Witch is not any intrest of mine..)

by firemanphil

Thanks very much for your replies. I'm aware that the city centre is only 10-15 mins walk, but we wanted to save that for the second night. It will probably be after 2300hrs before we can venture out, so all we want is to find a pub or bar that is relatively near our hotel for a few beers. We don't require a meal or a night club. I would be interested in the Czech pub if it is nearby, so if you know the street name I will find it on google maps.
Thanks again.

by Gili_S

I second that tip, go to that www.juttutupa.com, it is just 5 min walk from the hotel, across the square, few block behind. (you walk to the bay direction) Address is Säästöpankinranta 6. Just ask people in the street where it is and many should know, it is a bit hidden behind few blocks, they have some beers from Czech, Bavaria and Estonia (in bottles). Try Estonian A.Le Coq Porter or Saku Tumma. Both are nice dark style beers.

Comments