John Stenbergin Ranta 4, Helsinki, Southern Finland, 00530, Finland

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 21% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Nice welcoming Hotel

I Booked this online at a fabulous rate of $120.00 per night including breakfast. It is only a 5 min walk from our bus stop and we were so pleased they gave us early checking.Very friendly reception and they speak English which is a bonus for us.
    The hotel is older , no doubt but the room is large and spotless with a comfortable King sized bed .
    The buffet breakfast was included and had lots to choose from. We both started with some yogurt and mixed berries , then some smoked salmon and warm rolls. It was hard to stop with that. pat didn't ...he had some sausage , eggs and bacon

• IHC's Profile Photo

Not so new Hilton

Nice location, good prices, not the newest Hilton. Staff very friendly, but a bit slow on breakfast

Unique Quality: Near the city center and yet in quite area

• morgenhund's Profile Photo

A comfortable place to sleep after hard work!

I stayed here for four nights and was able to get a special rate through our conference organisers with a EUR 125 per night rate including breakfast on a standard room. The room was everything you expect of a Hilton, spacious, clean, comfortable and well appointed. It was a very convenient place to stay - 5 minutes walk to our conference venue and the meeting rooms we hired were also very very equipped - OHPs and beamers. The breakfast buffet was outstanding - I do enjoy my food when I stay there! The staff were friendly and polite - even though I did seem to be permanently demagnetising my keycard for my room.

I didn't take advantage of the leisure facilities, but there are quite a few things to enjoy. There is a special weekend rate of EUR 125 a night for a room - well worth considering as that is no more than you would expect to pay elsewhere for a hotel that is not quite as good. Locationwise it is convenient - 2 mins to the underground and there are buses from Hakaniemi Square too - including the airport shuttle.

Unique Quality: WLAN internet connection costs EUR 20 per day - this is not bad although the reception was a bit patchy within my room.

Directions: Just off Hakaniemi Square - about 15 minutes walk to the train station and centre of the city.

• Blondiina's Profile Photo

Great value luxury

Hilton Strand is located about a 5 mins easy walk from the city center by Töölö Bay. The lobby floor is elegant and grandiose and the front desk staff is very polite and willing to help. The hotel provides services and amenities like valet parking, fitness club and swimming pool.

Hotel rooms are big and very clean. There was mineral water and a box of chocolates waiting for us in our room and new mineral water was delivered daily. The room had every amenity you would expect including a minibar, make-up mirror, lots of fluffy towels etc. Our room had huge windows with a fantastic view towards Töölö Bay.

Breakfast was fantastic, very plentiful. Everything from fresh fruits to muesli and pastries to bacon was available. And they had color co-ordinated everything so that you could only pick items that are for example high fibre or low cholesterol.

I had never stayed in a Hilton before, but this hotel was everything I had expected from a 4* Hilton. I would definitely stay here again and their "weekend in style"-rate at 125 e/room/night including buffet breakfast and late check-out is great value.

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Hilton Helsinki Strand

One of the best hotels in Finland

Unique Quality: I used to work just next to this hotel, in the summer we used to have a drink in the terrace.

PS: When Finland plays international football, the guest team usually stays here.

Directions: In Hakaniemi, 1 km from the city centre.

More about Hilton Helsinki Strand

Affordable Hotel

by DGPoohBear

Looking for recommendations for affordable hotel in Helsinki area during 2 days in July, 2 of us, nothing extravagant but also not a dump either!

RE: Affordable Hotel

by aura74

I would imagine it would be difficult to find an actual dump here:) Check out http://www.ratestogo.com/Hotel.asp?HotelID=20832&inDate=2006-5-21&outDate=2006-5-22.
You can find the hotel´s own pages at http://www.hotelanna.com/index.htm

I think the location is excellent, it's a very pleasant lively neighbourhood very close to the center, and the hotel is not one of those unpersonal chainhotels, but a rather small cozy one. In proximity there are good restaurants and bars, the desingnmuseum and the Johannes church, which I think is the most beautiful one.

I hope you have a good time in Hel!

RE: Affordable Hotel

by Gili_S

If you want a good value for money, check the Hilton Helsinki Strand online. I do not know what dates you are there but July is off business season in Helsinki and I could get a double room for two people for 100 Euro per day including breakfast. That is a dammed good barging, you must book it online.

Comments