Unioninkatu 17, Helsinki, 00130, Finland

Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• Luckell's Profile Photo

A place with luxury!

Hotel Haven is an excellent place for those who love everything named luxury and relax. It's a five star hotel in downtown Helsinki. What else can you beg for? The location is really better than best. Try it, enjoy!

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Hotel Haven

This is one of the top hotels in Helsinki and surely one of my favourite. The location is right between the center and the harbour, excellent for whoever come by the ferry from Stockholm via SiljaLine.
    The hotel is with high qualities from all aspects, from the moment you check it with the excellent friendly service, the rooms are fantastic and the breakfast was delicious.
    Short walk to all major sites in the city center, just next to the market square and the Esplanadi Boulevard.

More about Helsinki

SuomenlinnaSuomenlinna

Exterior (1)Exterior (1)

Aangan restaurant front viewAangan restaurant front view

The Palace of the Council of StateThe Palace of the Council of State

Visiting Helsinki for the Night of the Arts

by gordonilla

I am again visiting Helsinki for the Night of the Arts - in the 12 years I have been travelling to Finland, I have yet to meet a Finnish VTer. Anyone like to meet up for coffee, lunch or dinner either on Friday 26 August or Saturday 27 August?

by crmartins

Hi!

I'll be there by that time... but I'm still not sure about my schedule... once I'm going to be there with a colleague of mine...but... we can keep in touch!

Night of Arts!

katy

by gordonilla

thanks, lets keep in touch.

by gordonilla

thanks, let's keep in touch.

thanks to you too.

Travel Tips for Helsinki

Best city in the world!!!

by bodo8

Simply the best!! I've been in Helsinki about 10 times in the last 5 years... It's an amazing city, not huge but big enough to have everything you need. There isn't a real old town but all the city deserves to be seen... There are a lot of interesting buildings, lot of parks and lot of green. Senatantori is maybe the most attractive place, but also the parlament, the church in the rock and lots of other places have to be visited. Don't forget to take a look over the city from the tower at olympic stadium, it's very nice!
Everything works very well: organisation is perfect in Helsinki, and you will find trolleybuses, buses and trains, 24h a day.
During the night Helsinki is always alive until late in the evening; best days to go out are Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, but everyday is the right one to have fun in Helsinki. The people (maybe because of litres of beer??) are very nice and friendly and it's easy to make friends and, last but not least, girls are very beautiful:-) The most thing I miss when I come back to Switzerland from Helsinki, is the liking and the friendship of Finns. I have a lot of friends there and they always let me feel like a king when I go to visit them.

Bilingual signs

by maria-belgrade

Finland is bilingual country, so everything is written in Finnish and Swedish language. That goes for street names sighs, bus/trams/metro/train stops, public notices… everything! So, since Finnish language is very strange I recommend looking out for Swedish posts and maybe, just maybe you will be able to understand something. Luckily, everyone speaks excellent English and many Finns can speak other languages, so you won’t get lost.

30.04 and 01.05

by Lalique

What is my 1st impression of Helsinki?
Well.....
I'll try to explain.....
I arrived in the very begining of May holidays, while in Russia some active members still march with red flags and portraits of former party leaders, all the Finns drink two days in a row and that was actually what I witnessed.
On the 30th of April herds of yungsters dressed in colored overalls were scattered around the city drinking or already drunk, but it was fun. The same thing continued the next day, however the weather conditions were much worse, it was raining like hell all day long, but that obstacle didn't prevent locals from having out door holiday picnics.....
Heh, strong people these Finns!

No visit to Finland is...

by mikeworden

No visit to Finland is complete without a relaxing evening in a sauna. If you are fortunate to have friends in Finland they most probably have one right in their home. If not, there are plenty of public saunas available. So grab a cold Finnish sauna beer (perhaps a bottle of Lapin Kulta or Olvi) and sit back and partake in this Finnish tradition. The area around the South Harbor and kauppatori (market square) is my favorite spot. From there you have views of the dominating Tuomiokirkko (Luthern Cathedral) and the red bricked Orthodox Upensky Cathedral. From South Harbor you can look out onto the Archipelago and see many islands surrounding Helsinki, as well as take a stroll along the Esplande or walk over to the Senaatintori, the Senate Square beneath the Luthern Cathedral.

helsinki is a paradise for a...

by fabrice

helsinki is a paradise for a girls-addicted boy like me;I was there only a few days,and I wish I could live there with several wives like in saudi arabia.Finnish girls are exquisite,delicious and adorable;it makes a nice change,because where I live,on the french riviera,everytime I talk with a girl,I need to show the documents of my ferrari(I have no car in fact),my credit card,or at least I need a little cash with me. I was in helsinki on june 21th,I tried to sleep but the sunset started at 01.30 am (incredible)and sun rise started at 03.30 am.

Comments