Palace Kamp Hotel Glo

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 35% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• Turska's Profile Photo

Hotel Glo, Luxus for us

My husband just had his 40th birthday and I wanted to surprice him a little. He did know we would spend a weekend at Helsinki, but didn´t know it would be at Hotel Glo! I had booked a deluxe room, but it was even better! The staff did know about the birthday and let us use the junior suite! I´m not even sure what´s the biggest difference between it and de luxe, but it was a nice "present" to us anyway! The hotel is very nice and modern, and I would deffinetly go again if they have good offers. Maybe to standard room next time anyway ;)
    Our room was huge and had seperate toilet and bathroom. We took a bubbke bath with a bottle of real champagne (not from hotel, we had bought it from France) and had warm bathrobes to use after.
    The bed was very comfortable. I would have wanted to take it with me!
    There was a good mirror at toilet but very poor light, witch was surprising.
    Breakfast was very good (lots of different breads for example) but we were hoping to have something fresh made sweet things also, like in many hotels in Finland. They did only have Domino-cookies. (Ver popular Finnish cookie.)

We did pay 135 e per night (the price for de luxe), it was an offer for two night stayers at the moment. (Standard room offer was 107e, but the prices vary.

Unique Quality: You could use KÄMP spa (KÄMP is the most Luxus hotel in Finland, way too expenisve for us, but they do own the Glo also) and sauna and the gym. Those aren´t in our intrests, so we didn´t go.

Directions: At the corner of Aleksanterinkatu and Kluuvinkatu

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Nice hotel in the centre

This is new trendy hotel in Helsinki centre. Location is prefect if you want to be able to walk anywhere as well as no need to take taxi back if you are into the late nightlife.
    Friends been staying and they were happy.

• Emile72's Profile Photo

Overview

When you live in a city you usually don't stay in the hotels there. But at least you notice quite a few of them. 3 hotels stand out of the crowd in Helsinki (quality wise and also price per night wise I assume). 1. Glo, super modern, trendy luxuriously neighbor of Kamp hotel. 2. Kamp hotel, the most luxurious hotel in Finland (and Scandinavia is my understanding, but as a lawyer I disclaim any liability here :))3. Klaus Kurkki, also in the centre, recently opened, all designer rooms.

More about Palace Kamp Hotel Glo

Loved Hotel Glo!!!

by TripAdvisor Member sctweety

I absolutely love this hotel! First off, we flew in from San Francisco with most of our luggage still at the SFO airport. The front desk staff was friendly and proactive in contacting United Airlines (terrible) to see if our luggage was on its way.

The hotel is very hip and modern and is ideally located in the middle of everything. The rooms were very clean and sophisticated. The amenities were great and the bed and linens were so comforting. Great to ease the jet lag.

Lastly, breakfast is served daily for hotel guests. The food is good and not like a typical "breakfast included" service. We found this hotel using TripAdvisor, so we have this site to thank!

Wonderful Customer Service!

by TripAdvisor Member traveliz

The Hotel Glo was wonderful! I had initially made reservations on Expedia and unfortunately my mother was dying during the time I was supposed to travel. The manager at the Glo was very kind and rebooked me for a different time with no hassle, no penalty, no begging with Expedia.
When we were finally able to travel, everything was set up perfectly for us. I had informed them that we would be traveling with 2 young children and our room was at the very end of a hallway and somewhat secluded from other rooms....no need to worry about the kids being too loud! Our room was very spacious and spotlessly clean. In additon to the fairly normal in room coffee and tea there was complementary hot chocolate that the kids were thrilled about.
Breakfast was fabulous and the sauna's (although you had to pay) were absolutely lovely.
The hotel Glo was top-notch in every way!

Great Hotel!!!

by TripAdvisor Member rfeaus

Spent one night here in July based on Tripadvisor reviews. As part of a two-week trip around Scandinavia (Oslo, Bergen, Stavenger, St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Tallinn, Stockholm), this hotel was the highlight and we would have budgeted more time in Helsinki had we known how good this hotel would be. We did receive an upgrade to a Deluxe room with very modern, but warm decor in brown tones. Room was spacious with all the amenities and a large bathroom with toilet and another sink in a separate room off the bedroom. Great big windows provided all the light you wanted and were also well insulated from street noise. Breakfast and dining area were great. Hotel Glo shares a very nice, but small, spa with the neighboring hotel Kamp. Desk staff was the nicest we encountered on our trip. Only draw back was getting stuck in a back stairwell which we thought would lead us to the lobby. If it wasn't for having a cell phone and calling our travel companions I think we could have been stuck there for a while as you end up stuck on the bottom floor unable to re-enter the hotel and the exit to the street was also closed. This would have been an issue if trying to use the stairwell as a fire escape. Hope they've corrected this.

Cannot recommend GLO enough

by TripAdvisor Member Baynes

My husband and I stayed at Hotel GLO for a recent 4 night break in Helsinki. I honestly could not recommend it enough.

The location is perfect, we like to walk a city when we visit as we find that this is the best way to get a feel for the place and make our own discoveries. GLO is so ridculously central that no matter which direction we walked in our hotel was the perfect central point. It is right next to the Esplanade Gdns, slap bang in the middle of the shops, a couple of blocks away from Senate Square and the Market Place and the main station is a 5 mins walk away. Also, it is attached to the Kamp Galleria, with its own entrance.

The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful and the room was very impressive and had everything we needed - bed, bathroom, tv, wifi, tea and coffee facilities etc. Also, the bathroom had a great shower which is essential in my book.

Other than the location, the other thing I must rave about is the breakast. It is open until 11am at the weekend and 10am during the week. They replenish right until the end too. I tended to have fruit salad with yogurt followed by scrambled egg and smoked salmon (or local equilivant). The freshy baked granary rolls were a must too. There were lots of other choices too, pastries, cereal, bread, cheese, ham, salad, porridge etc. We were so full after our feast that we didn't stop for lunch in our 4 day trip, this unintentionally saved us a fair amount of money - an added bonus.

As you can see, I would stay in GLO again without hesitation and will recommend it to anyone planning a visit to Helsinki.

you've got to glo here!

by TripAdvisor Member seat62

This hotel fully justifies its no 1 placing on tripadvisor.

We stayed here for 2 nights. Fantastic room - beautiful decor and design, right down to the furry leopard on the bed! Sliding doors to huge bathroom with amazing acoustics - perfect for singing along to the free music available via the lcd tv screen (which also has films, local and hotel info).

The sauna is awesome - three different options to choose from.

Breakfast is a feast - you can even blend your own leaf teas. Service is excellent. Location couldn't be better - right off the main drag in town.

We wouldn't stay anywhere else in Helsinki, and that includes the plush Kamp next door!

New hotel in the heart of Helsinki.

by TripAdvisor Member AndersTheTraveler

Everything is brand new, and the rooms are of very good quality and with nice assessories (good slippers).

If you get a deluxe room, you will have access to the spa area on 8th floor, which is a perfect place for fitness or a relaxing time. Just too bad it closes at 9 pm.

The breakfast buffet is of very good quality. Just too bad they don't start serving before 7 am, sometimes business people wont have time for the breakfast.....other hotels starts breakfast at 6 am.

Ask for a room with a bath tub, they have been the best for my stays.

Location is in the middle of Helsinki, couldn't be better.

Everybody in the reception is very helpful.

Fantastic Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Chrismi

This is a new Hotel with fantastic room space, decoration and facilities. The room was exactly as in the pictures on the hotel's website.

It has very good spa, too bad we could only enjoy the saunas as the treatment options were not available due to the Christmas bank holidays. The hotel is aboslutely clean and all staff very helpful.

The Hotel is located in the Centre of Helsinki just next door to the shopping centres. The restaurant offers very good and stylist food and the breakfast is also very good.

We spent 99Euros per night for a twin room and it worthed all the money. Absolutely recommend it!!!!

A very good hotel, unpleasant service in restaurant

by TripAdvisor Member nhlDubai

The hotel itself is excellent, and with convenient access to downtown Helsinki. Rooms are nicely decorated and the hotel overall is clean and well managed.

I would advise to stay clear of their restaurant though. After getting complained at for not having a table reservation (as we had just checked in 30 minutes prior and the restaurant was 2/3 empty), we were seated but with no service for over 15 minutes. The food itself, after finally being able to order, was very nice though.

The next morning we tied to order breakfast to the room. After a downright rude response from the restaurant (If you dont fill in the breakfast form, you dont eat), they agreed to bring us breakfast. 1 hour and 15 minutes later, the breakfast finally arrives - all cold.

My advice: the hotel itself is nice and well worth a stay, but take your dining elsewhere. There are nice restaurants and cafeterias behind the corner.

Lads weekend in helsinki

by irishwebby

hi, my mates and I (12 in all) are traveling from ireland to helsinki on friday for the weekend. We are staying in the glo hotel in helsinki and also staying a night in tampere. Anyone have any advice? pubs /clubs/ prices/ customs/ places to see etc. none of us have been to helsinki before so your help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

by Emile72

Hi there,

Glo hotel is one of the top notch hotels in HKI and centrally located for the nightlife as you conveniently avoid the taxis, which can be a pain.

For partying a very good option is to take the Tallink Galaxy cruise, leaving every day at 18.30 from Helsinki, back 17.00 the next day. One night of partying on the boat (which is really good) and a chance to see Tallin for a couple of hours as well.

For Helsinki itself, it depends a bit where you are looking for ( :))

Pubs:
Sir Eino is a good place to start, lots of people come there to start the eve. It is at Esplanadi, about 3 minutes walk from your hotel. No entrance fee, and leaving your coat is optional.

Rotterdam Pub at Kamppi railway station is good for some drinks as well, about 10 min. walk from your hotel. No entrance fee.

Vltava pub is a nice pub, reasonably sized and various people. 5 min. walk from your hotel at the railwaystation. No entrance fee.

If you want something really Finnish, try Gaselli pub, Finnish music and people are always in a good mood and talkative. The clientele is a bit older though. Side street of Aleksanterinkatu, no entrance fee.

Clubs:

Teatteri: Great bar, good design, lots of people. Upstairs is the dance floor. At Esplanadi, about 5 min. walk from your hotel. Downstairs fee, upstairs 7 Euros. My favourite place.

Ahjo: Good music, trendy people, small, but nice. 6 Euros. At Bulevardi at the Klaus Kurki hotel. About 8 minutes from your hotel.

Lux: Probably at the moment the number 1 place in town. At Kamppi bus station. 2 floors, lots of people. Make sure you are not late, since the line ups to get in are a killer. 8 Euros.

There are lots more places though, depending what you are looking for. The above are the most mainstream ones.

let me know if you have any questions

by Opelix

Club beats:

www.redrum.fi , The best sound system in the town/country.
www.rosegarden.fi , small club with good atmosfere in the late hours.
www.pacifique.fi , Water park rave on 9.2