Albertinkatu 30, Helsinki, Southern Finland, 00120, Finland

Hotels.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• SandiMandi's Profile Photo

Sokos Hotel Albert

Sokos Hotel Albert is located in Punavuori district, about 10-15 mins walk from the city centre. The district is very nice with little design boutiques and restaurants, and I enjoy wandering around in summer. However, it's not so nice to walk there in the early winter when it's wet, cold and sleeting! As we stayed there in November 2010, the weather was just like that and every time we walked from the centre to the hotel, I wished we hadn't booked this hotel, but one in the centre.

The hotel was lovely though and everything looked pretty new. Our room was quite small, but cosy and nicely decorated. There was a flat TV, minibar and tea/coffee making facilities in the room.

When we arrived at the hotel, they told us there wasn't enough parking space for all guests, so we had to take our car to a parking lot a few blocks away, which again in that weather wasn't so convenient.

All in all, I didn't have a very good experience, but mostly it was because of the bad weather. There was nothing wrong with the hotel itself and I'm sure I would enjoy my stay a lot more in summer!

Unique Quality: There's an Italian restaurant in the hotel, and I would recommend booking a table in advance if you want to eat there as it seems to be quite popular. We didn't do that and the restaurant was fully booked already when we arrived at the hotel, so we had to find another place to eat.

• Turska's Profile Photo

Nice rooms

We stayed here at May 2009.It has been opened 2007,and the rooms were very nice and modern.I think one of the nicest rooms we´ve seen in Helsinki-or maybe even best.It was also fun surprice that they had two chokolate-bars waiting us-fine and not the cheapest ones.
    Girl in reception was very friendly,and parking was cheap(in Helsinki)-allthough there was only space for 7 cars.
    My sister has stayed here also,and she told that their Italian restaurant is excellent(my sister has lived in Italy,so she don´t say it easily).But we wanted something more spicy,so we didn´t eat there.
    The breakfast wasn´t as good as usually in Sokos-hotels.I´m allergic to rye,and there was no bread without rye,they said that one is-but I was iching a lot after I ate that.And in Finnish restaurants they allways have glutein-free-bread,so I thought I would take it,but it was all gone,and breakfast was still served 1,5 hours!Overall,Sokos hotel Helsinki is better.

Unique Quality: They have sauna,if you are interested.But I think it´s quite common in Finnish hotels,so maybe not so unique.Area is good-allthough at cold windy day,after night out at town,we hoped it would have been even closer to nightlife-places,like the hotels we usually choose.(this had good offer,so we tried it).At nice weather it´s no problem,it´s in center anyway.
    We found best price at www.booking.com

Comments