Sokos Hotel Klaus Kurki

Hotels.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 29% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• Blondiina's Profile Photo

Modern comfort

Hotel Klausk K is a new design hotel located in the center of Helsinki, just perfect for shopping and sightseeing. The hotel is very modern and beautiful, but obviously designed with also guest comfort in mind. Service is top notch in the hotel and also in the restaurants. One waiter from the downstairs Italian restaurant offered to carry my luggage when I arrived since there was no porter downstairs then and one waitress in Filmitähti restaurant went searching for batteries for our camera when our batteries run out of power. Now that’s the kind of service you rarely get in Finland. Fantastic!

Our room, Desire, was big, comfortable, clean and beautifully decorated. Especially the bed was fantastic and I loved the rainshower in the bathroom. The toiletries were also very nice, better than usual. Even though the hotel is so centrally located, there was hardly any bothering noise from outside, mainly just a quiet hum of traffic. The room had a flat screen tv, a dvd-player, a minibar and you could also listen to tv or dvd in the bathroom by simply pushing a button…

My only complaint would be the breakfast. To be fair, there is plenty to choose from, because there is bread, cereals, yoghurt, fruits, cold cuts, pastries and juices etc., but no warm dishes at all. Not even boiled eggs. I don’t usually eat anything else than cereals for breakfast at home, but its always nice to indulge yourself when on holiday and especially my boyfriend missed his usual hotel breakfast of bacon and eggs. They do have these “breakfast plates” you can order, but at 16 EUR, I don’t think they would be worth the money.

But in spite of the breakfast, I would definitely stay here again. I have found my new favourite hotel in Helsinki.

• ncoutroulis's Profile Photo

hip hotel

Formerly Klaus Kurki, the Klaus K hotel is completely renovated. It is a boutique hotel in the heart of Helsinki. The decor is pure Finnish. It's funky, cool, and extremely hip. The rooms are small, but they are really comfortable, and very well appointed, with plasma TV, stereo, and highspeed internet. The hotel has 3 restaurants, and a bar/night club that is one of the hottest spots in Helsinki. I highly recomend this joint!

Directions: city centre

• Pomska's Profile Photo

Finland's first Design Hotel

Unique Quality: The hotel contains of 137 rooms including 2 suites. All the rooms are provided with state-of-the-art equipment ranging from custom made beds and mattresses to laptop size safe to oversized robe and towels to LCD television to high speed internet - wireless and wired. That's how the hotel describes itself in their website. Because I haven't spent any nights there I cannot say anything else.

Room categories range very intrestingly from Mystical to Passion to Desire to Envy.
    Passion & Mystical: Up to 20 sqm
    Desire: 20 to 25 sqm
    Envy: 25 to 30 sqm
    Envy Plus: 30 to 40 sqm
    Envy Suite: 55 sqm

If you have iPod with you, ask the sound dock from the receptionist. In Envy-rooms there are DJ Slow's mixed iPods waiting for.

Directions: In the city centre

More about Sokos Hotel Klaus Kurki

hip hotel

by ncoutroulis about hotel Klaus K

this is a brand new hotel in Helsinki, centrally located. The rooms are a little small, but they're very hip, as well as the bar and restaurant. I highly recommend staying here.

kool klaus k

by TripAdvisor Member bettyboop13

I was in Helsinki with my boyfriend for five days and we decided to splash out a little on klaus k. it was a little more expensive than other options in helsinki but turned out to be worth it.

The hotel is right in the centre, about five minutes walk from the bus and train station. It's a design hotel which appeared to mean super cool and fancy. It has a nice bar (Ajho) and a fab resaurant (Toscanini) downstairs and the staff were great. The room was the best thing about it. It wasn't very big but everything was designed perfectly and the bed was fab too, as far as I know it's one of the very few hotels in Finland that have actual double beds as opposed to two singles pushed together. It doesn't sound important but it makes a big difference! Even my friends who had just gotten married didn't have a double in their honeymoon suite in another hotel!

I checked trip advisor before booking and saw some people complained about noise levels. We didn't hear a peep from the bar and were never disturbed. The only problem was that there was no sauna in the hotel but there are public ones around, you can apparently use them in other hotels too and there's lots of other things to do in Helsinki!
Fabulous hotel, I'd definitely stay there again.

Klaus K - Good Hotel, Great Service

by TripAdvisor Member pierrelegrand

A good, solid, boutique hotel. Went here 2nd weekend of July 07.
Rooms are nice but don't make good use of the space. Good resaturant and fantasic lounge chairs and tables for drinking outdoors. The staff are fantastic - super helpful and really knowledgeable. They helped me with a lost mobile phone even when not at work to ensure I had the latest news. Great team. I would definately stay here again.

Heaven on earth exists!

by TripAdvisor Member dutchieAlicante

When travelling we always book after having had a look on the website [--], as all the hotels are really excellent, so is the Klaus K. hotel. This is the first time visiting Helsinki and the location is perfect, the staff is very friendly and the design of the hotel great. The rooms are very big. We were staying in the room "desire" and we really would have desired to stay more nights than six. Thanks a lot for making our holidays unforgettable. Mia, thanks a lot for the bottle of "champagne" in our room (211), very nice for having this kind of details with your clients. Chantal and José

Simply a delight! Best deal in Helsinki!

by TripAdvisor Member mjohns7861

Visiting my father in Helsinki I had the opportunity to stay at Klaus K Hotel and this hotel exceeded all my expectations. This hotel has been written up in GQ and several other national US publications that I have seen recently.

The location is suburb - you are a few minutes walking distance from the Esplanade and the waterfront and the Helsinki shopping district of Stockmann's and more.

The front desk staff is suburb. We plugged in both our electrical converters to recharge our camera and cell phones and this through off all the electricity in the room. The front desk responded immediately to the problem and bent over backwards to get it fixed.

The room was somewhat small but had a wonderful flat-screen TV, a comfortable King size bed, and roomy bathroom.

Included in our room was a buffet breakfast that was one of the best hotel buffett breakfast's I have had anywhere.

Hotel has a Finnish movie theme with very contemporary room decor and images of Finnish movie stars in the lobby.

Overall, and I have been to Helsinki over 15 times - in terms of quality, price, and location Klaus K is the best hotel deal going on in the city and one of the best ever in all my travels.

Finnish style done pretty well

by TripAdvisor Member mattkorey

This was my second time at the Klaus K and it is still a very fun, trendy hotel with a staff that is eager to please. The front desk staff are very young and bring a nice energy with them that is an antedote to the stuffy, staid demeanor of many hotel staffs. I love the design of the hotel, very Scandanavian chic and the location, while not right on the Esplandi, is still very great. And given that it was graduation day and there was a big, somewhat drunken party in the center of town, I'm glad we weren't staying there! We ate at Toscanini, one of the hotel's restaurants, which was good, though not quite as good as I recall it being, and was very expensive. The breakfast was very fresh, but a bit limited. The hotel is a nice oasis in Helsinki and I would recommend it to anyone.

hotel Klaus Khotel Klaus K

Restaurant Ilmatar in Klaus K, HelsinkiRestaurant Ilmatar in Klaus K, Helsinki

Hotels And Nightlife.

by Bushybadger

Hoping to spend a weekend in June in Helsinki, can anyone advise on good quality hotels that are among the city centre and close to the bars and clubs. Any advice on bars and clubs would be appreciated too and other events happening in early June.

Thanks.

by Gili_S

Now that you find this site, please check Helsinki pages, there is lots of useful information there. Why should we re write it all again here. If you have any particular questions, please let us know and we will try to find all the answer for you.

by croatia2006

You can check the events from the website of Helsinki City Tourist Bureau:

Good quality hotels:

Klaus K is stylish, not too big and location is great: http://www.klauskhotel.com/index.php?l=enand

Maybe You could try this new hotel, opened less than month ago, Glo:

by Gili_S

Hrvatska, your replies are always very helpful here, but you work too hard sometimes. It seems the person that asked the question didn't even bothered to log in back and check it out ;-)

by Bushybadger

Thanks for your advice croatia2006, it has been of great help and very appreciated.

Gili I found your responses rather pathetic and childish. A total waste of time

Reagrds.

by Gili_S

Sorry Bushybadger, you are exceptional, good to see you back here, but we often trying to help many here on VT, they only logging once and never bothered even to check the answers, so sometimes we are annoyed.
Anyhow, glad to see that this time I was wrong.
Have a nice holiday.

by Bushybadger

Apology accepted Gili, my slow repsonse was purely down to travel and work commitments.

I have found this site very useful in the past as there is no better information then other peoples experiences. I have also had a look at your travel guide too.

Thanks.

by Gili_S

Thanks. And if you will have any further questions and looking for inside information you will know where to find us.

Comments