Sokos Hotel Pasila

Original Sokos Hotel Pasila
Orbitz.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• SandiMandi's Profile Photo

Good connections to the city centre

I stayed in Sokos Hotel Pasila for one night on a business trip. The hotel is very conveniently located about 5 mins walk from Pasila railway station. This also means there are very good connections to Helsinki city centre, which is nice as the area around the hotel is not that appealing. The hotel is quite business oriented, I think most of the hotel guests are business men/women. At the time I stayed there, there seemed to be many conferences in the hotel in addition to the one I attended. Thus there are many modernly equipped conference rooms in the hotel.

I arrived in the hotel quite late in the evening, and was met by a not the most friendliest receptionist, but he was very courteous and the check-in went very smoothly.

My room was on the fifth floor and it was a spacious double room with two wide single beds. There was also a separate closet for your outdoor clothing and shoes, which was very convenient as you could hide all your luggage and shoes etc there. The room had a modern, Scandinavian décor and it seemed only recently refurbished, excluding the bathroom which was a bit rundown. Also the shower corner was quite cramped. The bed was very comfortable and there was blackout curtains, which I think are especially nice on bright summer nights.

The breakfast, which was served on the second floor, was plentiful and I have to say I really liked the coffee!

This wouldn't be my number one choice for a holiday accommodation in Helsinki, but for a business related trip I would stay in Sokos Hotel Pasila again.

More about Helsinki

Helsinki railway station (detail)Helsinki railway station (detail)

ExteriorExterior

A natural history image; or is it?A natural history image; or is it?

Fish soupFish soup

taxi travel with children

by lees2603

We will be travelling from Australia to Helsinki soon with a 2 year old and 4 year old and will be catching taxis to/from the airport. Do we need to request a taxi with child carseats, or can they travel on our laps?

Re: taxi travel with children

by akkipaa

You don't need. According to Finnish laws you don't need safety seats to chidren in Taxi (in private cars we have to use and it's lenght based). But if you want, some taxis might have one and there are more in taxi centres. Drivers pick seats up from centres and the costs are charged.

Travel Tips for Helsinki

The best-known Finnish painter

by csordila

There has even been competition among artists over who creates the most convincing imitations of the outside world and its details.
Academic art education was for centuries focused on precise representations of the human body. Outdoor painting broke this academic tradition, but brought new aspects into observing nature and depicting the different seasons. The best-known Finnish painter, Akseli Gallen-Kallela used the silent emptiness of the landscape itself to full evocative effect. All the blond irrationality of the deep Finn nationalities and some Stone Age comfort deficiency of the existence are in his painting.
A sculpture was raised to his respect in Hungary, too: his monument stands in Budapest on the Buda side of the Danube coast.

A really good question asked by American

by sinihelsinki

Read and learn something new about Finland!

Published on Monday, August 29, 2005 by the Providence Journal (Rhode Island)
Why Can't We Be Like the Finns?
by Robert G. Kaiser

Moral Courage!

by sabsi

We were queueing for a taxi late at night at Mannerheimintie. Surrounded by drunks and being drunk as well we couldn't stop laughing about all the strange people who came up to us.

Only one guy assulted us which made us stop laughing actually. I couldn't believe my ears and eyes when all the other people around us started to act and called this guys names and told him to leave us alone (some of them even did this in English so that we would understand ;). One guy asked the police to hang around here for a while to have an eye on this guy.

I was mightly impressed - something like that would have never happened in Germany where people normally pretend they haven't seen or heard anything. A big "Kiitos ja Hyvää Yötä" to all our spooky helpers of that night! :-)

Sightseeing tour on tram 3T/3B

by HORSCHECK

A popular possibility to get an overview of Helsinki is to take a trip by tram 3T/3B. These lines serve a round tour along the main sights of Helsinki. The trip lasts about 1 hour and you can even get a free brochure about the sights along the tour at the Tourist Information Office.
A single ticket for the tram can be bought for 2 Euro from the driver or for 1,40 Euro in an R-Kioski (2002 Euro).

Take a walk on the un-wild side

by Knutt

Although it is the capital of the country, Helsinki is an amazingly peaceful place.
Most of the interesting sights are within walking distance from the centre and in case you need a break, there will always be nice cafes, restaurants or just benches.
One of my favourite places to go is the Academic Book Store (Stockmann), you can get books in a number of different languages there and also coffee. You could as well try the Finnish food that is sold in the Old Market Hall at the harbour.
In any case, I am sure you'll very much enjoy your time in that beautiful city!

Comments