Sokos Hotel Presidentti

3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Etelainen Rautatiekatu 4, (formerly Ramada Presidenti Helsinki), Helsinki 00100, Finland

Original Sokos Hotel Presidentti
Booking.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• ZeekLTK's Profile Photo

Too expensive - stay in a hostel instead

I booked one night at Sokos Hotel Presidentti simply because I thought it would be easiest given my travel plans - which were to spend several days in Helsinki but then go to Tallinn and only come back the night before my flight home; I would be arriving at night, going to a midnight concert at Pressa (a club attached to the hotel), and then get up and head to the airport at 5:30 AM.

On my recent trips to Africa and Central America the places I had stayed at had very limited staffing (usually they would only be there just a few hours a day) and I was worried that it would be difficult to check out / get to the airport so early in the morning unless I stayed somewhere like a major hotel so that they could help me hail a cab (I didn't even need that either - just took the bus, much cheaper!). Turns out, all of the hostels in Finland (and Estonia) are staffed 24/7 and I could have easily went back to the hostel that I originally stayed at and still gone to the concert, checked out early, and gotten to the airport on time.

So I ended up paying about twice as much for my room for my last night in town than I did for my room at the hostel. Overall it probably wasn't worth it and if I were booking the exact same itinerary in the future I would NOT stay here. It did seem like a nice hotel, but it's just too expensive IMO (and this is even after I got a discounted rate, if I had paid the original rate it would have been nearly 3 times more than my hostel! Ridiculous!)

Directions: Right off the Mannerheim, very close to the central bus/rail station.

• larx's Profile Photo

Love this Hotel!

Stayed here on a few occasions and loved it.
    Very big hotel with clean and modern rooms. Great buffet breakfast in the largest breakfast room i have ever seen!
    I have stayed here 3 times for very reasonable rates (single room $90 night).
    Last time I checked, the prices seem to have tripled..u need to check in advance!

Unique Quality: Busy hotel but seems to flow very well. Nice staff at the counters/ friendly breakfast room staff also.
    Finns probably the friendliest in the world.

Directions: Behind the bus station, just a 10 min walk from the Railway station.

• brancolini's Profile Photo

To Avoid

4 days, 3 nights in this overrated hotel.
    With a 4-star classification, I've stayed in better places with just 3. My garbage basket was used when I arrived... Cleaning is not their best quality. The only plus is the scandinavian breaksfast.
    If you have Wi-Fi in your laptop, forget the expensive deal they'll propose at the check-in counter. There are other FREE providers...

Directions: City Center

• ZenLady34's Profile Photo

Excellent location

We stayed one night (MAR06) in this Sokos hotel Presidentti. Compared to the two other hotels I've listed on my Helsinki pages (Holiday Inn City Centre and Grand Marina) this hotel had rather small "standard double room".

We stayed only overnite but were thinking that if a customer had f ex two big suitcases, the floor room would be pretty much all taken! The only minus was the tiny "standard double room" has not much space to hang jackets and store clothes and not much room for suitcases. BUT the bed was really comfortable, four pillows was a nice surprice. We could not hear our neighbourgs (as normally the case in Finnish hotels).

The breakfast had quite wide selection of food (coffee, tea, bread, cheese, eggs, serials, yoghurt, ham, fruits, rolls etc) but even better breakfast is in Hotel Grand Marina (you'll find the info on my HEL hotel listings here).

Unique Quality: I must honestly say that we received the best customer service than ever in a hotel in Finladn. The front desk clearks were really helpful and polite. They did an excellent customer service by being polite, warm and efficient.

LOCATION is excellent! This hotel is right next to a metrostation AND the biggest shopping center of Helsinki: KAMPPI. Change the language to English from right top corner and explore!

Directions: City center, next to KAMPPI shopping centre and KAMPPI metrostation.

• Quiet Hotel

The breakfast buffet was good. The tram stop is just across the street so the hotel is very accessible.

Unique Quality: Nice, quiet hotel.

• swaddlep's Profile Photo

Ok, but not up to star rating

Stayed here a few times, both when tha casino was here, and since it moved on to Station Square. The rooms are good, mini bar, multi channel TV etc, but hotel main bar closes midnight as does room service.

Unique Quality: Wireless interent in most rooms, get an access card at reception (15E per 24 hrs)

Comments