Ainonkatu 17, Lappeenranta, 53100, Finland

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Lappeenranta

Cavalry MuseumCavalry Museum

Lappeenranta Sandcastle 2009Lappeenranta Sandcastle 2009

The Bell Tower of Lappee Church, the Central ParkThe Bell Tower of Lappee Church, the Central Park

hard working girl, this time with rapsberrieshard working girl, this time with rapsberries

Travel Tips for Lappeenranta

Not a tip at all

by lehmus

Ok... I spent something over two months of grueling work at the strawberry farm... It almost killed me but otherwise I had a great time. I have some not so happy memories connected with that place and the following year, but smeg it. Let's remember the good, forget the bad!

Lappeenranta - the Town of Lindens

by finlandia

"Gate to the Lake Saimaa"

Lappeenranta Harbour is very famous: cruises to the blue Lake Saimaa, nice kiosks with local specialities (try "vety" - a salty pastry), Finland's biggest Sand Castle etc.

Lappeenranta is the administrative, business and cultural center of Southern Karelia. Lappeenranta is a city famous for friendly and good-humoured people (remember to visit the Marketplace!) and beautiful nature.

This page is under construction. More details coming soon...

Lovely Lappeenranta

by empbu

Lappeenranta is a nice city in South-eastern Finland. I get to visit there every once in a while as I have a couple of friends living (& studying) there. Too bad I haven't had my camera with me on most times. :( But hmmm... I think that gives me a good reason to visit again - to go get some photos and tell you all about Lappeenranta! ;-)

Lappeenranta

by multi

On the weekend 28-29 of August 04 we went to trip by Finland with my bike-friends. In general we went Vaalima-Lappeenranta-Imatra-Svetogorsk. It was my first experience to go to another country by bike. We didn't know that there is possibility to cross all finish customs not only by car or bus. It turned out, that you can cross custom by bike too (and by foot of course). But we didn't know this so we started our trip on Friday 27.08.04.

At 9 p.m. we stripped down our bikes and put them to the bus
Saint-Petersburg - Helsinki. Every day there are about 10 buses on sq.Vosstania which go to Helsinki by 10-15 euro. So if you have visa there is no problem to go to Finland. You can every day decide to go and what you have to do just come to this place at 21 o'clock at take place in the bus.
At 10 p.m. we already rode away from square Vosstania to the side of Viborg. It was the only beginning of our trip so everyone was excited. We discussed planes, ate sandwiches

and looked our future way on the map.

In Viborg we've bought cigarettes which we successfully have sold later in 2,5 times more expensive. Then we pass 2 customs (Russian and then Finnish) without customs supervision (only passport control) so at 4a.m. we were near Puck - first shop near finnish board. It has this name because of the shape of this building. There we have left the bus,assemble our bikes and went in Lappeenranta's direction.

It was very dark at this time and there were no any light on the road. BUT everyone knows that roads in Finland are perfect. So I didn't fill discomfort to go by dark road without headlight. After about 20 kilometres we've decided to stopped and slept a bit. You know, there are a lot of special places for drivers along the road where everyone can stop and have a rest. So we have found one of this place near the lake at pitched tents

At about 9 a.m. we already had a breakfast

During the way to Lappeenranta we've seen coal factory

60kms and we are already in Lappeenranta.

Comments