Torkkelinkatu 2 Imatra
Rantasipi Valtionhotelli
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Lappeenranta

The view from the fortress to the harbourThe view from the fortress to the harbour

Majurska House: handicraft shops and Café MajurskaMajurska House: handicraft shops and Café Majurska

Lappeenranta Sandcastle 2009Lappeenranta Sandcastle 2009

The Harbour of LappeenrantaThe Harbour of Lappeenranta

Travel Tips for Lappeenranta

Lappeenranta

by Gili_S

Lappeenranta is just about average Finnish town, but it has its few unique things to see and to feel here. The fortress and the Saimaa Lake are just great. Also, as its near the Russian border has the influence on the culture and economy here.
Most important, people in this region in Finland are very well known of being kind and friendly happy people. Lappeenranta

Lappeenranta, long time no see...

by lehmus

"Easy time in Lappeenranta"

Lappeenranta is a typical modern small Finnish city. Embedded in nature, clean and pure...
I visited this city a couple of times during my summer stay at strawberry farm in vicinity of Lappeenranta...

"Kotiteollisuus"

Those guys rocked, but hey, I was drunk as hell... Heh heh...

"My beloved friend Tanja"

Always beautiful

Lappeenranta, the city of meatpies.

by Mitjo

"Lappeenranta"

Lappeenranra is small city in Eastern-Finland. It is situated very close to Russia border. Here lives only 60 thousand people. Our city is more like summer city, you can see some pretty neat things in here on summer time, but in winter it seems like the whole city would sleeping. In heart of Lappeenranta is a small central park. There are an old belltower and and a beautiful yellow church. Not too far from the central is a harbor. It is a nice place on summer. There are old boats where you can sit and drink couple beers. There are also small huts where you can buy meatpies, icecream etc.
We have good bus connections in here, you can easily move from place to place by bus. Bus ticket from other side of the town to other side of the town costs 2.40€ (almost three U.S.A dollars). So it is very expencive.
Not very far from the central we have trailwaystation, it is rebuild and very comfortable. From there you can buy train tickets to our capital Helsinki, and many other places.

"No we can't go there, it's Russia!"

by sabsi

My ex-boyfriend used to go to university in Lappeenranta so we came here for a few days during our summer holidays. However, somehow I got the impression that we didn't leave his apprtment much because I don't have any nice pictures or very useful tips about this place I'm afraid ;)

Lappeenranta is a nice little town at Saimaa lake. Actually it's not that small but it feels very small because the different parts of the city are located very far from each other.

Lappeenranta is very close to the Russian border in South Karelia so all the shops employ people who speak Russian and most signs are available in Russian, too. See my general tip for an explanation for this page's title!

Sabs