Hostel Uimahallin Maja

Pirkankatu 10-12, Tampere, Western Finland, 33230, Finland

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

• ALTERNATIVE FOR UIMAHALLINMAJA

It has been closed indeed, and can still be found in various places on internet. The newest option for tight budget traveller is Dream Hostel Tampere, which will open in April 2010.

RIP Uimahallinmaja :)

• Turska's Profile Photo

THIS IS CLOSED THIS IS CLOSED

THEY HAVE CLOSED THIS PLACE ALLREADY TWO YEARS AGO.I HAVE ASKED VT TO REMOVE THIS HOSTEL FROM HERE,BUT THEY ARE TOO BUSY.THIS PLACE WONT RE-OPEN,IT MIGHT EVEN BE SOON TEARED DOWN WHOLE BUILDING.

Unique Quality: UNIQUE QUALITIES: IT DOESN´T EXIST ;)

Directions: LOOK FOR OTHER CHEAP HOTELS,I HAVE THEM ALL AT MY PAGE

More about Hostel Uimahallin Maja

Nice...but no more

by mario_spring_83 about Hostel Tampere YWCA

Situated in a good position just in front of the Cathedral (Tuomiokirko) it is a good place to stay but nothing of special.
Expect to pay 14-15 € for a place in a 5 beds room. With few euros more you can have a good buffet breakfast.
Bathrooms and rooms are clean but the atmsphere is not so friendly.

About hostels

by Turska

I have asked two times the VT to take away hostel Uimahallin maja and hostel Iltatähti /Asuntohotelli Iltatähti,because they no longer have existed here for years,but they are still here.So don´t try to find them,they are closed ages ago.
There is only one hostel:Sofia .But there´s plenty of cheap hotel,you can find them at my page.
One young couple is starting a hostel next to University,it was at local paper.I will write it here,when they open.It should be at the end of 2009.

Accomodation Tampere

by OlaeS about Hostel Sofia in Tampere

Very clean and nice hostel with central location, spacious rooms -at least double (that happend to be twin in fact).Bed linen is included in price. Kitchen/shower/toilet on each floor- again very clean.
Tampere Cathedral is just outside the hostel. Walking distance to railway station. You get your code on arrival so you can enter hostel at any time of day/night during your stay.

Hostel Uimahallin Maja

Hello all
I'm doing some research on this hostel but there is very little to be found about it online. Their website appears to be down.
Can someone confirm for me that this hostel is open all year round?
Actually, if anyone knows a hostel in Tampere that is cheaper than this hostel than i would be happy to hear about it! :)
Thanks everyone

by Turska

It isn´t here anymore,it has been shut down for a year at least.I have asked VT to take away some hotels and hostels,and put some new ones,but it looks like they are too busy.I can edit all the other tips,but for some reason the editors can´t touch hotel-tips.I have listed cheap hotels at my Tampere-page.There´s not so many hostels here,but some hotels are as cheap.Check my Tampere-page.

Thanks Turska!
Good to know i won't be going to Tampere just to find a big hole in the ground where the hostel might once have been :))))
I will check your page now and keep researching, thanks again!

by Turska

I checked.There´s only one hostel here now,Hostel Sofia( I believe it´s owned by YNCE).It´s at my hotel-tips.
I have listed all cheap-hotels,so you´ll find them all there.
Here´s one apartment-hotel:
If you come on summer,there´s of course camping,they have also summerhotel at there.It´s students apartments witch are not used at summer for them.

by RoopeV

Like I posted to another thread, there seems to be new hostel in Tulli area. At least the stickers look very promising!

I did some googling, and found www.dreamhostel.fi, seems to be in a good price range. You can get cheaper privates from the hotels though.. DG, you should test it and tell us how it was, I have some friends coming over end of the month so I would love to hear how it was. The other one (Hostel Sofia) looks little boring..

Roope

by Turska

This was also posted a year ago.There seems not to be so much questions at Tampere-area ;)
I have dreamhostel at my page,and link to their page also.Even if I haven´t been there,but I´ve red three interviews about them,and since I´m a Tampere-editor,people have been asking about hotels and hostels from me,so I put all I know at my page.

Hi RoopeV
Just to let you know that Hostel Sofia is a grand place, a few minutes walk from the centre of Tampere, very clean, quiet at night etc.
All the hostel basics done well, which is what a hostel goer needs at my age ;-)
I liked Hostel Sofia i must say, nice staff too

by Turska

Glad to hear that!People do ask so much about these,but I don´t stay in hotel/hostel at my hometown ;) I try to listen,what people who have stayed at those tell me.

Comments