Sokos Villa Hotel Tampere

KoskipuistoKoskipuisto

LaukonsiltaLaukonsilta

public bus from airport

by moominlover

I will stay in Tampere for a couple of weeks and thus will purchase a monthly bus pass. Is it possible to travel to and from Tampere airport with the monthly bus pass or do I need to pay a separate fee for the airport bus?

Re: public bus from airport

by akkipaa

I am not 100% sure of this, but there are different monthly tickets in Tampere area. Tampere (30days) price is 38, but airport is in Pirkkala and Pirkkala-monthly is 55. With Pirkkala ticket you can travel to airport (exactly this I didn't find) but not with Tampere-ticket. The sibgle ticket from airport is 4,30. Check the pages:

Travel Tips for Tampere

I love Tampere,siisti kaupunki

by Turska

We have this thing going on here,that they want to make Tampere the cleanest city in Finland.They have lots of new trash cans everywhere.Shops and restaurants have"nicest trash can" and nicest ash-tray competions.Even Mc Donalds has joined in.
If you see this logo,it´s symbol of that."siisti kaupunki"is clean city in English.
Maybe I don´t "love"Tampere,but I love the idea,and I see it is working,it is cleaner now.Well,maybe not after big festivals,but othervice.

When in urgent need...

by Sininen

I've often noticed that it is not easy to find a public toilet in strange place or even familar one, which Tampere definitely is for me, so I thought I'd share this infor with you. Last month when I was in Tampere I was looking for a toilet and went to Sokos department store (in the main street Hämeenkatu). Down the escalator to the food department and there's a FREE toilet opposite to the check-out counters! I hope that no staff member of Sokos reads this tip as I am sure that they'd make the toilet a pay one. :)

Begining of the journey....

by Lalique

We took a fast train (rather expensive I should admit, about $50 return), but probably if it wasn't fast and didn't cost that much, it would've taken us much longer to get to the city.
While on the train we constantly watched the weather, broken clouds and sunshine was predicted but in Helsinki it was a complete overcast..... however to our luck within an hour and a half the weather decided to proof that meteorologists don't earn their salaries in vain!

The pride and the joy of...

by DanaK

The pride and the joy of Tampere is Tampere Hall, a conference and concert hall that features state-of-the-art technology. The facilities are specially designed to accomodate different kind of concerts (as well as conferences, fairs or other events).

Rievä - Locel white bread

by akkipaa

Word "Rievä" is old finnish word and it's meaning is fresh. In Häme ja Pirkanmaa counties the traditional bread is un-holed :) flat rievä, which is baked from barlay pastry. Rievä's composition is tight and moist. Tampere is often call Rievä-village.

"Jussilan Pakari", bakery of Jussila has this product in their list.

Comments