Lahti Hotels

• Turska profile photo Turska
  • Reviews: 749

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Scandic Lahti: O.k. quite typical Finnish hotel

Rooms were clean and o.k. Nothing wrong besides the temperature, I felt cold there. It was very windy and freezing outside, so maybe it wasn´t the best floor to be at the top of the hotel.
Pillows were poor, but when we have stayed in so many mid-price hotels around Europe, Finnish hotels are usually quite good for the price. This would be little more expnesive at weeks also, like most hotels. Weekends are allways cheaper here in Finland. ( I have noticed it isn´t allways so in some countries)
Breakfast wasn´t as good as in Sokos hotels, but they had lovely selection of tea! I don´t drink coffee (yes, not all Finns do! :D )

If you fancy a hamburger, there´s Finlands biggest hamburger-chains restaurant right next to hotel. We did get a night-snack when coming back to hotel at night.

If you want to visit rock-club Torvi ( a legendary club in Finland : http://www.torvi.com/kuvat.php ) it is about 50m from the hotel! Too bad we weren´t goign there this time.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Business Travel
  • Written December 5, 2010

• Gili_S profile photo Gili_S
  • Reviews: 4605
Camping

For those who couldn't find any hotel for reasonable price, you can try the camping, I didn't use them myself as I always driving more to the north and didn't need to stop here. www.herrasmanni.net or www.mukkulacamping.fi

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written May 5, 2009

• heli profile photo heli
  • Reviews: 32

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Matkakoti Patria: a very pleasant hostel

On top of a fairly cheap and classy accommodation you get the frendliest service I've so far received in Finnish hotels/hostels. A very warm welcome was already waiting for me when I arrived, and it made up for having both the toilets and the shower "in the corridor" (no, I'm not used to that... I'm used to having at least three stars in the hotel, but despite being doubtful when I first went there, I was positively surprised and delighted by what I found. Nice little room and people too!
They don't tolerate drunken people there and they respect privacy and courtesy that people know how to behave. There was never any conflict or trouble. Nice and peaceful, even if the street Vesijärvenkatu is quite heavily trafficked every now and then.

However, it still feels kind of strange to be staying at a ho(s)tel instead of my Grandma's place. Oh well. Hopefully it'll pass. At least if every place I stay is as nice as this one!

I really don't know if I should classify the place as a hostel or as a guesthouse... The outstanding quality of this place is the keepers! Such friendly people are usually very rare and hard to find!

• Written December 28, 2006

• Sininen profile photo Sininen
  • Reviews: 727

PATRIA: Homely atmosphere

Family owned little hostel. Used to have very bad reputation, but since this family took over the business, Patria has turned into a nice place to stay. No Lahti residences or intoxicated people are accepted here. There are 16 rooms in this little hostel, 10 single and 6 double rooms. Every room has TV, fridge, wash basin and are non-smoking. Showers and toilets in the corridors. Bed linen and towels are included in the price as is morning coffee/tea. Breakfast is provided by agreement.

• Related to: Hiking and Walking, Photography, Sailing and Boating
  • Written April 7, 2006

• Jeppe profile photo Jeppe
  • Reviews: 3

Hotel Salpaus (Scandic), you...

Hotel Salpaus (Scandic), you can see more about it from ( www.salpauslahti.fi.) In hotel, there is very popular night club Elwood. In weekends it's full of 22-30 years old peoples and the music they are playing is most of this new dance- and hit-music.
One room is about 430 finish marks /night