Hotel Valtatie 1

Valtatie 800, Turku, 21530, Finland

More about Turku

Cycle is waiting for springCycle is waiting for spring

Turku CathedralTurku Cathedral

the towerthe tower

The indoor section of Turku Botanical GardensThe indoor section of Turku Botanical Gardens

Taxi from Turku to Naantaly and back

by manuna

Is it possible to take a taxi between the two cities? What will be approximate charge? I want to be flexible with my time-table and want to save money. There will be 4 of us (2 adults and 2 children. But my elder son will be 16, so I guess he is considered as an adult) So I think that may be taxi will be a better decision then Moomibus? We are planning to visit Moomiworld and Vaski island in one day and be back in Turku in 19:30. Is it real or this is too much?
Thank you.

by manuna

Thank you. And will be the ordinaru bus more convenient for us (compared to Moomiebus)? Does it go regularly?

by manuna

Great! Thank you. I found the finnish version and could not find any refference to English. Then, of course we will go by bus.

:))

by jurkka

one thing to consider is to rent a car. All major companies offer car rentals, and they are "normally" priced. Hertz, avis, a.so.
then you can drive anywhere and you dont have to care what time you need to go.

have fun

Travel Tips for Turku

Kauppatori, the heart of turku

by mario_spring_83

The "Kauppatori", the market, is the place i "felt" the most in turku.
It is really nice to walk around the stalls and stop sometimes to buy something.
Here you can find fruit, good fish but also t-shirts and other stuff.
Don't miss it if you go to turku.

Moomins for everyone

by Scandic

This is not just for the families, it's for everyone. I was visiting there with my big sister and we really have a nice and unforgetable day there, even we aren't so kids anymore...
Moominworld is located by the sea in the sunny town of Naantali in Finland. There are two special islands there: the beautiful Moomin Homeisland of Kailo and Adventure Island of Väski. You´ll also find the Moominmamma´s Doughnut House and Moomin Shop in Naantali Old Town. Altough the day was hot, there wasn't that many families... It was a Thursday, if I remember right. There are maybe more people on weekends. Anyway, if you have read Moomins fairytales as a kid, this is a wonderland for you. You'll meet all those creatures like Little My and Stinky.
Mominworld is a islland and from there you can also take a boat to adventure island Väski.

Moominworld is open every day from 8th June to 11th August and weekends 17-18.8 and 24-25.8
Moomin homeisland 10am to 6pm
Moominshop 10am to 8pm
Adventure Island 12am to 7pm.

The Cathedral of Turku

by lumituisku

The Cathedral of Turku is worth seeing. There's also a museum upstairs so you might want to visit it, too. The cathedral itself is very beautiful and has several smaller parts (I think they are not chappels though but the look like little rooms... tombs?)...

Saarronniemi Beach

by adventura

Another place on the shore is Saarronniemi where you may have baths in the sea around the year. But in summertime it's at its best. It is situated on Ruissalo island close to the downtown. By bus 8 you may reach it in 20 minutes.

Swim at ruissalo, attend Down...

by eke76

Swim at ruissalo, attend Down by the laituri festival, drin a big beer at Papa joe. Eat at Svatre Rudolf, take a cruise with Viking -Line, go to the clubs, eat you stomach so full that it feels like exploading at Rax, Try to make friends with a Finnish 'native' and try to make him to teach you Finnsih, say the finnsih word 'hääyöaie' 3 times backwords... Try this and book a cruise after trying...

Viking Line

My little yellow hause...and my big yellow jeep....hahaa...and of course my girlfiend... i dont miss my school... wich is in the picture above

Comments