Linnankatu 32, Turku, Western Finland, 20100, Finland

Booking.com Hotels.com AMOMA.com

Costs 37% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Turska's Profile Photo

Very lovely hotel!

We had never stayed in Radison hotels before, because they are allways more expensive than any other chain hotels in Finland. Now we got good offer from Finnish department store Sokos "3+1 päivää" (3+1 days, witch is super sale at the Sokos stores around weeks 13 and 40 every year). We got the room for 79e and actually paid 4e! (I got a present card from my sister). The room would normally be over 100e.
    The hotel was very nice, rooms looked much nicer than in most too white Finnish hotel rooms (many Finns do like everythin white, I hate it, remainds me about winter, witch I also don´t like)
    The room was quite big and had large bed, witch was so comfortable (it was some kind of space-bed!??) I would love to have it at home but it didn´t fit my suitcase ;)
    The location of the hotel was good, even if it wasn´t as central as we have used to have (we mostly use Hamburger börs next to market.) but Turku center is quite small, so it´s not far either.
    Some rooms had a view to the river, but I guess those rooms would not be given for people buying sale-rooms. There is no wall to wall carpet witch I hate ( I allways feel like it is dirty!) at sunday breakfast was until 11!! and it was VERY GOOD breakfast! also good choise of teas. I don´t drink coffee. Only con is for not having pricelist for mini bar! We didn´t dare to take anything when not knowing the price.

Unique Quality: They do have free gym and of course a sauna. We don´t care about those while staying in hotel, so I didn´t check them.
    The parking was 17,50e at October 2011. You can have your car out or at parkin hall, and left it there next day for some hours after giving away the room.
    You could mention the famous Pizzeria Dennis as an unique quality, it´s about 100m from the hotel.
    if the hotel web page open ups in Finnish, you´ll find Swedish, English and Russian texts at "Valitse kieli"-drop down menu.

Directions: About 10 min walk from the market place, by the river. At the corner of Ursininkatu and Linnakatu.

• Huks's Profile Photo

Big brand - good quality

It is hotel which quality is determined by brand of the hotel. Hotel has two restaurants and bar so you can have a lunch or dinner without need of going away. This is especially important if outside is bad weather.
    Breakfast has wide selection of products, but lack of fresh juices and not very tasty drinks is area, which can be further improved. When I posted this review at Trp Advisor hotel staff asserted that soon drinks at breakfast time will be improved.

Directions: Situated along the banks of the Aura River.

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Radisson Marina Palace

This Radisson Blu changed owners and name frequently in the past few years, at first it was Scandic, then SAS and so on. Anyhow, this hotel always in the same good location by the river and still just 5-10 minutes walk from the city centre.
    However, I wouldn't say this is a top class hotel in Turku, service was sometimes arrogant and there are some things that needed to improve to make this hotel my favourite in this city.

Comments