Arctic Hotel Pohtimo

Pohtimolammentie 383, Rovaniemi, 97220, Finland

More about Rovaniemi

The ArktikumThe Arktikum

Our groupOur group

My new snowman friendMy new snowman friend

Mail to Santa ClausMail to Santa Claus

Suggestions on Rovaniemi and Lapland

by benelui

I would like to travel to Lapland nex winter (end of December) with my family (two adults and two children, aged 7 and 6). Does anybody have any kind of suggestions for a possible tour? Which locations are worth a visit and which tour would you suggest? How long would you suggest to stop there? Do you suggest to go there through an organised trip or better on our own? Flights? Hotels? We come from Milan, Italy.
Thanks in advance to everybody.
Luigi

Re: Suggestions on Rovaniemi and Lapland

by Gili_S

I suggest first to check Rovaniemi page here on VT and find out what you actually would like to do there? There are many activities for families and children. Because the time you wish to travel is the most popular and crowded season you might find it very difficult to find accommodation on your own, so maybe a fixed trip, flight, hotels and programme is the easiest choice even if very expensive, at list you will know that you can have all the activities you wish to do arranged for you in advance and all what will be left for you to do is to enjoy your holiday.

Re: Suggestions on Rovaniemi and Lapland

by JohntheFinn

There is plenty of Santa Claus stuff for the children.
General information in Italian: http://www.visitrovaniemi.fi/In_Italiano_.iw3
Flights: Finnair, http://www.blue1.com/en/fi# http://www.airbaltic.com/public/index.html http://www.norwegian.com/it/
It is also possible to take an overnight train from Helsinki. This could be an adventure for the children. http://www.vr.fi/en/index.html

Travel Tips for Rovaniemi

You'll love it and think.....wish I could stay..

by etodemerzel

Try to connect finnish people. Speak to them, do it on their language. If you know just ten words in finnish, they will love it and they'll be honored.
Respect them, and they'll respect you ! How could I choose ? I love it as it is.
I'm sure, I'm going to go back.

Boring in winter night , and, expensive place!

by ming-chin

It would be great to look around in day time; however, it gets dark around 2pm and it bacomes so boring in the town. There is onle the Market opened until 9pm and it's convenient for backpackers to buy some material to cook since due to the high expence there.... And that would be a place that you need having your credit card with you!!! especially in santa claus' village and santa park!!

Rovaniemi Tip

by atredes

On my second day in rovaniemi , i was feeling a little under the weather , few too many hours spent in Mc Cuils , anyway the weather was absoulty great , so i headed down to the main square to see what was going on. Suprisingly there was a couple of hundred people sitting out and singing and dancing. Normal enough except they all were about three feet tall. Luckily it was'nt a result of the hangover , they were all children. Then it got a little strange, one group almost all had blond hair and the other group all had black hair. It was becoming a bit surreal. Anyway there is this guy beside me with a backpack ( Australian guy. By the way, they are everywhere, reckon if i look under my bed now i'd find one!) and he says it an evangelist thing going on with Finnish and Japanese children. Anyway there is this guy who is presiding over it all , sounds american , wait he's wearing dodgy shorts , so he could well be. Soon enough the singing and all ends and he stands up and thanks god ect. Then in deference to jesus i suppose he starts on a parable.

' When i was going to estonia i got a boat from stockholm and i met a girl , and god was she cute , about 17 years old with black hair and lucious smooth skin. I asked her if she was swedish and she replied that she was estonian. She asked me about myself and what america was like'

ERRR THIS SOUNDS LIKE A FUNNY SORT OF PARABLE YOU'RE TELLING HERE MATE!!!

' I told her where i lived and showed her a photo of my house and my wife. She was very interested in me and I have to admit i was flattered, She was one of the most beautiful girls i had ever seen and i admit i felt lustful.'
SLOW DOWN HERE BUD, YOU WORK WITH CHILDREN??????

When i had finsihed in estonia I got the same boat back and the same girl came up to me on the boat, this time here hair was blond and she asked me if I liked it. I replied that i did, I really did. She asked me what it would take for me to bring her to America'

OK at this point i got to start asking myself what the hell this guy was on about, like interesting enough but not really new testament material. And like this guy is taking care of kids!! Anyway at this point i felt a tad too hungry to listen and the story was getting a little tedious , most of the people there could'nt understand what he was talking about ( Reckon he was lucky , would have been lynched if they did).

Santa Claus Letter

by novsco61

Did you know that these genuine
letters from Santa Claus are
collector’s items? Many people
frame theirs and hang them on
the wall.

You can buy the letter from well-equiped shops at the Arctic Circle or order it from the Internet-pages of Santa Claus Greeting Center

Santa Claus’ letter costs 6.95 €.

In his letter, Santa Claus tells about his life here at the Arctic Circle. Also he tells something about his elves hobbies and all nice things that happen in Santa Claus Land.
There is also a little surprise besides the letter.

Santa Claus sends out this beautiful Christmas Greeting Letter in a choice of 13 languages and you can order it for a friend, child or adult anywhere in the world.

You really must visit santa...

by kaz_zee

You really must visit santa clause's village right on the arctic circle. We had heard so much about the northern lights,how pretty they were etc.but nothing could have prepared us for the spectacular vision of seeing them. Fingers of colour sweeping across the skies,in all colours of the rainbow.A beautiful sight that will stay with me for a long time.

Comments