Kylpylaentie, Kuusamo, Oulun Laeaeni, 93600, fi
Orbitz.com Hotelsclick.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Kuusamo

In the beginning of the KarhunkierrosIn the beginning of the Karhunkierros

Courtesy of OmenaCourtesy of Omena

Stream in Pieni KarhunkierrosStream in Pieni Karhunkierros

One of the several sloapsOne of the several sloaps

Travel Tips for Kuusamo

So... On Your Skis And Go

by mickebear

28 slopes provide a sure skiing and snowboarding from mid October all the way to mid June, one of the rare of its kind in Europe.

18 lifts, 28 slopes
Lift capacity 20900 p/h
Mountain top 492 m
Elevation 201 m
Longest slope 1300 m
Slopes open daily 9.30 am - 7 pm
Lifts open for over 200 days per season Absolutely the best AND most modern place that I have ever used to rent equipment is this shop: Piste Rental Shop.

They rent everything, from skis, boots and snowboards to face protection, sun glasses etc.

All major credit cards accepted.

Kuusamo, Ruka

by Ti-tityy

"Winter and summer paradise"

Kuusamo or Ruka, is one of my favorite destinations in Finland. In winter and summer it offers extremely fun and beautiful adventures. Kuusamo is only a little city near Russian border but around the city there can be found many activities, especially if you are sporty and like to enjoy the nature.
Ruka is a mountain about 30 km north from Kuusamo.

I have been in Kuusamo and Ruka many many times, in winter and summer. What's the best time, depends on what you want to do. I just love both seasons.

"In summer"

I was wandering with my friend in Karhunkierros, wandering route, which is entirely 80 km long. There are possibilities just to wander 12 km or 30 km and four places where you can start and end your trip. We were tarvelling about 30 km and it took us three days. We were sleeping in a tent and cottage and all for free.

One of the starting or ending points is in Ruka. Own car is easiest way to get there, but we went by buss and hitchhiking.

"In winter"

Ruka is the best place to snowboard in Finland, I think. Much snow from December to May, many ski slopes, great snow park and beautiful view. Restaurants are also very nice, but expensive for student, so mainly we made our own pasta in our cottage.

Hiking on Bear's Ring

by Lionwheeler

"Kuusamo woods"

The Bear's Ring is 80 km long, a marked hiking trail that mostly lies within Oulanka National Park, in Kuusamo woods.

Along the trail there are cabins, shelters and camping areas where one can stay overnight.

To go for a hiking trail is a very nice way to get to see the nature.

I think the best point of time to go for a hike in Kuusamo area is whether early in the spring or early in the autumn when the flora is fired by autumn tints.

The nights can be cold during that time but the cabins have a heater in them, cabins are not that crowded during the time, there are no mosquitos that much (believe me, they can be a real pain..). and one can certainly survive if equipped with warm clothes for change

Comments