38, Grand Rue, Colmar, Alsace, 68000, France

Hotel Saint Martin
Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Make sure you get air conditioning

We stayed 2 nights in 2004.

When we arrived we were given keys to a small attic room which was unbearably hot. I objected and the rececptionist reluctantly gave us another room. It was much bigger, nicer furnishings and most importantly air conditioned.

We enjoyed our stay.

• One small problem

The room we had was nice, fairly spacious, and we enjoyed our stay. Right up until the day before we left. We thought it a little odd that the gentleman manning the desk got all flustered when we accidentally moved the paper placemat on a table when walking to the computer terminal, but maybe he was having a bad day. This was the same guy, however, who I had to wake up with a phone call the next morning when we were trying to check out at 0600 for an early train. When I finally got him to the desk, he seemed mightly upset that we would check out at such an ungodly hour, and when I (gasp!) asked for a taxi to take us to the train station, he really lost it. He started muttering that I should have arranged this the night before (I had asked at the desk the night before, they assured me that I just needed to talk to whoever was working in the morning). Then he told me that he had a lot of work to do, as if I was imposing on him and disrupting his more important work. Whatever. We walked to the station with all our luggage and will NEVER stay here again. If you value customer service, find another hotel.

• Krebsbach's Profile Photo

Staying in Colmar

A cozy hotel in the city center. This is a family run place, where they speak French and German and a little English. The kids were most helpful in arranging taxi's and suggesting tours.

The rooms in the main house are functional and very clean with very small but clean bathrooms. Our first stay was in an alcove and we had a tendency to bump our heads on the ceilings. The view was not too good as it looked down on rooftops and TV antennae.

There is an annex with larger rooms that was being renovated while we were there.

I highly suggest this place if you are looking for a quaint, small place that makes you feel at home.

Unique Quality: The breakfast was hardy and a good start for our day.

• annk's Profile Photo

Hotel Saint-Martin
    Located in...

Hotel Saint-Martin
    Located in the heart of the Old Town, great location. Three star.

Directions: 38 Grand Rue