HOTEL DES PRINCES

33 rue Geiler, Conseil de l'Europe, Strasbourg, Al

Hotel des Princes
Booking.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 2.5 star hotels

• Horrible! They kick us out in the street at 11pm!

*********Unfortunately this is true!*******
    As usual, we used priceline to book our hotel. The website was attractive so we gave it a try. Unfortunately, nothing was attractive once we arrived.
    We just had visited Europa Park, stayed there for one of their nice evening buffet and arrived after 10pm knowing that priceline would guarantee our booking.
    We pulled in front of the hotel to unload our suitcases and asked where we could park. We were told that there were no parking and we had to find a place in the streets. We were surprised but settled for it as late, we were tired and had no choice afterall.
    Later, I walked up to the front desk to check in. When the hostess realized I was travelling with my 2 young boys, ******she refused to give us a room stating that the hotel does not accept more than 2 adults per room.******
    I have been travelling in hotels with my little family for many years and never was refused to include my children in the room.
    Fine. So I asked if we could buy an upgrade to any accommodation that would allow us to have our kids with us. They told us they have no alternative except for us to buy a second non adjacent room.
    Never, was I going to let my children sleep in a separate room at the other end of the corridor! Wecame to the conclusion that the only solution this hotel had to offer was for me to sleep with one child in one room and my wife in a second room with the second child. Is this what any one expects when travelling thousands of miles to Strasbourg for a Christmas holiday? Luckily, I am happily married and definitely prefer to sleep with my wife!
    As every priceline user knows, there is no place to indicate how many kids are travelling with you, so we could not have prevented this. In addition, I invite any one to visit the hotel website and read that the rule is strict: only 2 adults will be accepted…
    Realizing that we had no cooperation from the hotel manager, we were forced by the hotel to reload our luggage (there was no bellman) and find another hotel at 11pm. It was the end of December 2011 and all hotels were booked. Luckily, we were able to find a room at one of our most favored American hotel chain Hilton. Of course, there, we found plenty of place to park and were able to all fit in a nice room.
    ****Of course, we had to pay twice for our stay and Hotel des Princes, after many follow up letters never reimbursed us a dime of the 341€ we prepaid in advance!***
    When you visit this hotel's website, they display spacious attractive rooms with parking. We would have never known that hospitality professionals would ever kick out a family of 4 in the street at 11pm in the middle of the winter.
    Do not trust the reviews: they must be written by users paid to do so as we were never confronted with any one friendly the day of our arrival nor later when we wrote our follow up letters. They have no compassion for their guests and no sense of hospitality.

Unique Quality: None whatsoever!

Directions: Quartier des Quinzes

More about Strasbourg

An Outdoor RestaurantAn Outdoor Restaurant

Nave to the EastNave to the East

Tall dark and handsome - Kammerzell HouseTall dark and handsome - Kammerzell House

StrasbourgStrasbourg

Supermarkets

by LoSko

Hi all! I'll spend a few days in the Christmas period in Strasbourg. I'd like to know if there's some place where i can find a list of supermarkets in Strasbourg... I'll stay in a place with a kitchenette, so i'd like to cook myself sometimes :)
More precisely I'm searching for some supermaket or shopping center near rue des magasins.

Thank You!

by mariev

You'll find the answer in the yellow pages
use : supermarché, strasbourg
if you tick the 'a proximite de' case you get a version with a map

by LoSko

Thank you! What about opening times in that period? Will them be opened on 26th December?

by mariev

The 26 december is a holiday in Alsace and stores will be closed.

by mariev

In case of emergency, the tiny supermarket in the railway station should be open

by cgf

in Strasbourg there is also Flunch [a cheap restaurant]..
maybe if you knew, you'll thnk about it...

Travel Tips for Strasbourg

Nice little places...

by rickyvilla81

Aaaah...exploring Petite France, probably. Beautifully narrow mediaeval area, resplendant with canals and wooden gabled houses, little Alsacien restaurants and choucrouteries...yet this area was named after a dirty form of plague called 'Little France', and this was the ghetto for those who were unfortunate enough to be afflicted with this scurrilous fever. Ugh. Think of that when you're considering how nice it would be to live in one of those little houses by the canals.

visit the European Quarter,...

by steventilly

visit the European Quarter, the seat of the parliament for the European Union and The European Court Of Human Rights.

below is the Human Rights building.

If you walk back from the EU centre, along the river on the same side as the Parliament stands, there are very many fine houses - well, almost mansions. These once belonged to wealthy Strasbourgoise, but now many seem to be occupied by diplomats and bureaucrats.

Nothing special besides good shoes

by koalatte

what to bring :
Good shoes .
If you're planning to visit Strasbourg during winter time don't forget to bring a real winter coat.Sometimes it is reallyyyyyyyyy cold there. you will find anything you want in strasbourg so if you forgot something, it is pretty easy to find it. Lots and Lots of films if you still have a camera, or two batteries if you have a digital camera; There is a lot of pictures to take there

The tramway

by MEdelmann

There are very modern trams in Strasbourg with a futuristic design. You should ride with them. They look very comfortable. On my next visit in Strasbourg I have to check and to go with them.

Feel free to enlarge the picture to see it better.

Flammkuche

by Nexus7 about Cafe by the Cathedral

There are cafes in this town that make a very unique dish called Flammkuche, which means cooked dough, or something like that. It's basically a white pizza concoction that has ham strips on it with spicy local cheese. Very tasty and eaten with knife and fork. Excuse my spelling if it is not correct or the translation is not either.

Comments