HOTEL DES PRINCES

See Hotels with Better Ratings

Tags

Family Travel
See Amenities

Horrible! They kick us out in the street at 11pm!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 16, 2012

*********Unfortunately this is true!*******
As usual, we used priceline to book our hotel. The website was attractive so we gave it a try. Unfortunately, nothing was attractive once we arrived.
We just had visited Europa Park, stayed there for one of their nice evening buffet and arrived after 10pm knowing that priceline would guarantee our booking.
We pulled in front of the hotel to unload our suitcases and asked where we could park. We were told that there were no parking and we had to find a place in the streets. We were surprised but settled for it as late, we were tired and had no choice afterall.
Later, I walked up to the front desk to check in. When the hostess realized I was travelling with my 2 young boys, ******she refused to give us a room stating that the hotel does not accept more than 2 adults per room.******
I have been travelling in hotels with my little family for many years and never was refused to include my children in the room.
Fine. So I asked if we could buy an upgrade to any accommodation that would allow us to have our kids with us. They told us they have no alternative except for us to buy a second non adjacent room.
Never, was I going to let my children sleep in a separate room at the other end of the corridor! Wecame to the conclusion that the only solution this hotel had to offer was for me to sleep with one child in one room and my wife in a second room with the second child. Is this what any one expects when travelling thousands of miles to Strasbourg for a Christmas holiday? Luckily, I am happily married and definitely prefer to sleep with my wife!
As every priceline user knows, there is no place to indicate how many kids are travelling with you, so we could not have prevented this. In addition, I invite any one to visit the hotel website and read that the rule is strict: only 2 adults will be accepted…
Realizing that we had no cooperation from the hotel manager, we were forced by the hotel to reload our luggage (there was no bellman) and find another hotel at 11pm. It was the end of December 2011 and all hotels were booked. Luckily, we were able to find a room at one of our most favored American hotel chain Hilton. Of course, there, we found plenty of place to park and were able to all fit in a nice room.
****Of course, we had to pay twice for our stay and Hotel des Princes, after many follow up letters never reimbursed us a dime of the 341€ we prepaid in advance!***
When you visit this hotel's website, they display spacious attractive rooms with parking. We would have never known that hospitality professionals would ever kick out a family of 4 in the street at 11pm in the middle of the winter.
Do not trust the reviews: they must be written by users paid to do so as we were never confronted with any one friendly the day of our arrival nor later when we wrote our follow up letters. They have no compassion for their guests and no sense of hospitality.

Unique Quality: None whatsoever!

Directions: Quartier des Quinzes

Nearby HOTEL DES PRINCES

Amenities at HOTEL DES PRINCES

• Wheelchair Accessible
  • Room Service
  • Pets Allowed
  • Free High Speed Internet

Strasbourg Travel Forum

Need advice about Strasbourg, France? Visit the Travel Forum for Strasbourg and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Strasbourg hotel reviews