Avenue Herrenschmidt, Strasbourg, Alsace, 67000, France

See Amenities
brendareed's Profile Photo

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 3, 2014

We have stayed at the Hilton in Strasbourg twice and each time was a great experience. The Hilton is expensive on the weekdays due to the nearby European Parliament offices. However, on the weekends the hotel is not as busy and the prices can be a bargain, especially for HiltonHonors members like us. As with most of our travels that involve a Hilton, I search on the hotel website clicking the “flexible dates” box which provides me with a list of dates and the various prices. Since most of our travel is flexible, we simply determine when we go by the hotel price (among other things). If the price is too high, we don’t travel to that location that weekend – simple! In this manner, we usually stay at the Hilton Strasbourg for €59-69/night for a king room. As HiltonHonors members, this rate includes the breakfast buffet, free wi-fi, and access to the hotel’s Executive Lounge (free beverages and snacks all day, plus heavier snacks and beer/wine in the evenings).

The rooms are clean and comfortable and the service has always been friendly and helpful. The front desk clerks are familiar with the city and can answer most questions we pose.

While the Hilton charges for parking in their lot, if you are traveling on the weekends, the lot across the street (reserved for Parliament business on the weekdays) is free and plentiful. We once asks the front desk clerk why someone would pay to park when that lot is available; he simply smiled and said he did not know (but at least he didn’t try to encourage us to use the Hilton lot!).

The Hilton is not in the city center and probably a mile from town. Hubby and I typically walk everywhere so we didn’t mind the easy stroll into town and back. For those less inclined to walk, there is the efficient tram line stop about a block from the hotel. From the hotel, there is a nice walk around the Parliament area with the large lake setting. Very beautiful.

I recommend this hotel to people heading towards the Strasbourg region. But, I also encourage them to check the rates since they vary depending on the day of the week and time of the year.

Djinn76's Profile Photo

Mostly for business

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 16, 2006

Second time I'm staying here and I really don't see any compelling reason to stay at this hotel if not for business...
It is located pretty much outside the city, quite far from the touristic area but just in front of the EU institutions.

Hilton is usually synonym of quality and indeed in general this is pretty good, the staff is nice, the room is nice but... I have the feeling everything here is a bit under-dimensioned, the reception is far from being impressive, the rooms are quite small, in the bathroom, the toilets are hidden behind the doors,...

Since there is not much around, you pretty much have to eat at the local restaurant. The quality is barely at the average level, it is understaffed and largely overpriced...

Unique Quality: Access by car is quite easy and there is a huge open parking in front of the hotel.

Regional product as 'welcome pack'. It's apparently changing over time. First time, it was two small bottles of local alcool. A month later, it was just a pack of biscuits, much less interesting ;-)

*** update Nov 07 (with pictures)***
I've spent one more night at this hotel, even if the welcome pack has disappeared, I now have much better feelings about the hotel.
True that I took my car to have my dinner in the center (from what I've been told, the tram could be another option) and not at the hotel!
I've also been upgraded, these pictures are not from a standard room....

Directions: Wacken area

• Pets Allowed
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Strasbourg Travel Forum

Need advice about Strasbourg, France? Visit the Travel Forum for Strasbourg and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Strasbourg hotel reviews