Hotel Le B d'Arcachon

4 rue du Professeur Jolyet, formerly Mercure Arcachon Centre, Arcachon, Aquitaine, 33120, France
Booking.com Priceline.com Hotels.com

Rated 11% higher but also costs 44% more than other 3 star hotels

More about Arcachon

Landais farmstead. Asparagus in foreground.Landais farmstead. Asparagus in foreground.

"Cabanes Tchanquées" in front of the isles"Cabanes Tchanquées" in front of the isles

Arcachon - BeachArcachon - Beach

HouseHouse

Travel Tips for Arcachon

Embankment

by bugulma

You can walk here, to and fro. Very clean and very green. It struck me especially that trees are green in January - it always struck me because I can't see green trees in Moscow in winter. This road to pier where you can observe ocean and beaches.

DON'T BOTHER WITH THE KITCHEN SINK

by Duffelgirl

If you are camping - beware of the ants and keep anything sweet out of your tent. Walking on the dunes is best done bare-footed, try not to bring anything that will be ruined by sand (there is loads of the stuff!). If you plan a lot of walking - plasters to help heal those blisters. A firm sleeping mat is always essential for those long nights under the canvas. Don't forget to peg your tent down well- it may be a very pleasant day - but the wind can pick up quickly in the night!

Arcachon

by bugulma

"Wonderful resort"

I was in Arcachon 1 day in january 2005 and 1 day in june 2006 and it were wonderful days. In 2005 my friends, Lionel and Marina, when I came to their house in Bordeaux, offered to me to go to the Atlantic seaside. The second time I enjoyed the city by myself while Lionel has his favorite doing, diving.
I try to found some stories about the place but all of them say that it's usual sailors village as others in the Atlantic seaside and the official sea resort since 1926. I can add that it's wonderful place for living and I think it's a reason for higher prices for property. And Bearitz is not far away.
In 2005 my friends bought oysters and we ate it on the beach. Fantastic feelings.

Comments