76 Avenue Des Mimosas, 64700 Hendaye
Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Hendaye

"the rocks" at Hendaye (lol)"the rocks" at Hendaye (lol)

Travel Tips for Hendaye

Rainy Hendaye

by osazuis

"40 Minutes of Rain"

Basically, my stay in Hendaye can be categorized as a 'Rainy Day'. I was in Guipuzcoa, Basque Country and I decided that I wanted to go a bit up north towards France. Despite everyone telling me that it wasn't really worth it, especially for a day trip, I did it anyway (would have been better than staying in Donostia for the 4th day). So, I was originally supposed to go up to Biarritz or San Juan de la Luz, but I ended up stopping in Hondarribia... a little town about five minutes from Hendaye. If it wasn't for the rain, I think that I would have really had the chance to see more of Hendaye... I walked to the pier and waited for the ferry to the French boarder. I walked down to it and the man, with a very strong French accent, told me in Spanish, "this is the second to last ferry." Great, so this means that I would barely get to see ANYTHING. Although I did see some huge rocks in the ocean which were beautiful (even though it was foggy), and I did get to speak to some locals who, apparently, didn't speak Spanish.

Comments