Pau Hotels

• gwened profile photo gwened
  • Reviews: 3871

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Gîtes de France at Pau: the best tradition in France

The organism that best represent living like the French is the Gîtes de France and at Pau they have a wonderful office full of rental information and goodies to take home from the region.

I have the link to this region in contact. The Pau office is open Mondays to Fridays from 9h to 18h and Saturdays from 9h30 to 16h30

several but for us is uniquely French staying close to the people. For all tastes, budgets and interests.

• Related to: Family Travel, Historical Travel, Arts and Culture
  • Written August 20, 2014

Gites de France office in Pau

• gwened profile photo gwened
  • Reviews: 3871

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ibis Pau Est: inexpensive family hotel ibis Pau

great chain of Accor we use all over, this one is their Ibis economy category , decent hôtels for the basic a room, and shower, free parking centrally located.

This was just off ave alfred nobel that takes you straight by car to city center Pau or the bus No 1 passes couple hundred meters from it.

It has a nice breakfast area, and lobby all very clean, very friendly service the manager Véronique was superb. The rooms are small but we are only there to sleep and shower anyway, good for a family on several days in the area.

inexpensive family hotel, free parking well located direct access to beltway (rocade d817) and city center historique Pau. Great shopping center Auchan meters away easy to walk to.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Castles and Palaces, Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written August 19, 2014

Ibis Pau Est hotel

• hquittner profile photo hquittner
  • Reviews: 2731

Continental: An Old Fine Hotel

The Continental is as central as a central as a hotel can be in Pau. We stayed there for two nights and were graciously attended. We were there 15 years ago and even then it was 100 years old. It was clearly originally a leading hotel. Today it is a more than comfortable, still with many large old rooms but all of them with all of the modern bathroom conveniences and free subground parking. We prefer comfortable middle price level old places like this in driving around Europe. (It is still there in 2010). It is a Best Western affiliate.

• Related to: Seniors, Family Travel
  • Written March 2, 2010

Continental Hotel

• mikey_e profile photo mikey_e
  • Reviews: 1956

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Pomme d'Or: Avoid at all costs!

I came to the Hotel Pomme d'Or only because all the other hotels and pensions that I went to seemed to be closed or under constructions. I was also rather cheap, and decided to try to offset my higher-priced hotel in Toulouse with a cheaper on in Pau (32 euro a night). This was a highly imprudent decision. The hotel was basic, which is not a crime at all, and I thought that it was the reason why it was so cheap. Rather, the problem was that the Pomme D'Or was in no way maintained. The room and, horror of horrors, the sheets were either dirty or ragged, and the room was crowded with cheap furniture that did not make it easy for you to unpack but also made it impossible to move about the room freely. The shower and sink were crappy, and the door and lock were flimsy.

The only thing I can think of is the price. This was an extremely cheap place with private rooms and bathrooms.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written October 26, 2008

Entrance to the Pomme D'Or

Bw Continental: Continental

This is the ally to the dinning section, I must say that I never have the luxury of having a break fast here because of my tight schedule. Even, when I had my time free on Friday..I was away to Bario (Another interesting place in PAU), all night and could not be up on time for breakfast the following day!!!

CONTINENTAL HOTEL

Bw Continental: PAU's Best

What is important in any hotel is the nearness to everything from Shops to Train Station (Gare), and Bus transport. Continental is at the centre of activities in PAU. The reception is very clean and inviting, most importantly, the staff were very friendly.

There are private underground garage which is free as long as you are in the hotel, and the room I stayed is the biggest hotel room I have seen in France, for the price.

Reception

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Bw Continental: PAUs best par cost & benefit!

I had spent two nights in another hotel before I visited my boss in this hotel, immediately I decided to change hotels. So, since I knew my Boss Boss would be checking out of this room that day,I made a bargain with the receptionist to allocate this room to me by all means as we were three that had to move from the other hotel.

The secret in this place, is that; like in George O'well animal farm,..all rooms are not equal!

So, ask for room 464, its the best.

Room 464