Pau Hotels

Our Members Say

• hquittner profile photo hquittner
  • Reviews: 2708

Continental: An Old Fine Hotel

The Continental is as central as a central as a hotel can be in Pau. We stayed there for two nights and were graciously attended. We were there 15 years ago and even then it was 100 years old. It was clearly originally a leading hotel. Today it is a more than comfortable, still with many large old rooms but all of them with all of the modern bathroom conveniences and free subground parking. We prefer comfortable middle price level old places like this in driving around Europe. (It is still there in 2010). It is a Best Western affiliate.

• Related to: Seniors, Family Travel
  • Written March 2, 2010

Continental Hotel

• mikey_e profile photo mikey_e
  • Reviews: 1956

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Pomme d'Or: Avoid at all costs!

I came to the Hotel Pomme d'Or only because all the other hotels and pensions that I went to seemed to be closed or under constructions. I was also rather cheap, and decided to try to offset my higher-priced hotel in Toulouse with a cheaper on in Pau (32 euro a night). This was a highly imprudent decision. The hotel was basic, which is not a crime at all, and I thought that it was the reason why it was so cheap. Rather, the problem was that the Pomme D'Or was in no way maintained. The room and, horror of horrors, the sheets were either dirty or ragged, and the room was crowded with cheap furniture that did not make it easy for you to unpack but also made it impossible to move about the room freely. The shower and sink were crappy, and the door and lock were flimsy.

The only thing I can think of is the price. This was an extremely cheap place with private rooms and bathrooms.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written October 26, 2008

Entrance to the Pomme D'Or

Bw Continental: Continental

This is the ally to the dinning section, I must say that I never have the luxury of having a break fast here because of my tight schedule. Even, when I had my time free on Friday..I was away to Bario (Another interesting place in PAU), all night and could not be up on time for breakfast the following day!!!

CONTINENTAL HOTEL

Bw Continental: PAU's Best

What is important in any hotel is the nearness to everything from Shops to Train Station (Gare), and Bus transport. Continental is at the centre of activities in PAU. The reception is very clean and inviting, most importantly, the staff were very friendly.

There are private underground garage which is free as long as you are in the hotel, and the room I stayed is the biggest hotel room I have seen in France, for the price.

Reception

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Bw Continental: PAUs best par cost & benefit!

I had spent two nights in another hotel before I visited my boss in this hotel, immediately I decided to change hotels. So, since I knew my Boss Boss would be checking out of this room that day,I made a bargain with the receptionist to allocate this room to me by all means as we were three that had to move from the other hotel.

The secret in this place, is that; like in George O'well animal farm,..all rooms are not equal!

So, ask for room 464, its the best.

Room 464