- fountain statue of Bishop Jacques d'Amboise (c.1440-1516)
location: Place de la Poterne
"Place de Jaude"
- main square, in its center is the 1903 equestrian statue of the Gaul king, Vercingetorix (80-46 BC) by sculptor, Frederic Auguste Bartholdi (1834-1904)
"Fontaine de la Pyramide"
- obelisk to General Louis Charles Antoine Desaix de Veygoux (1768-1800) who died at the Battle of Marengo, in Italy where the French army under Napolean Bonaparte defeated Austria.
sculptor: Joseph Chinard (1756-1813)
location: Rue Ballainvilliers
- museum of archeology and textiles
founded: early 20th century
location: 45 Rue Ballainvillier
"Monument Aux Morts"
- memorial to the victims of World War I
"Place de la Victoire"
Fontaine d'Urbain II
- fountain statue of Pope Urban II (1035-1099) leader of the First Crusade (1096-1099)
sculptor: Henri Gourgouillon (1858-1902)
constructed: 1248-19th century
architect: Jean Deschamps (13th century)
height: 108 meters / 354 feet
length: 99 meters / 325 feet
"Gare Routière de Clermont-Ferrand"
- train station.
In the photo, railroad workers protest as the Western working class is forced to shoulder the costs of global semi-free market economics.
architect: Valentin Vigneron (1908-1973)