Le Clos De Bourgogne
83, Rue de Bourgogne, Moulins, Auvergne, 03000, France
More about Moulins
Street in Moulins
Travel Tips for Moulins
Prefecture to the depatment of Allier, Moulins is the political and administrative center of the department. City of art and history, it offers a pleasant life setting, close to the nature and propose numerous sporty and cultural activities. Moulins is in the center of an economic cloth in full boom: modern infrastructures in the domains agricultural-food, logistical or cultural as the National Center of the Stage Costume, valorization of the tourism... as many assets in favor of the welcome of the new newcomers.
Symbol of the liberties and the exemption of the bourgeoises, acquired by the charter of 1232, this pink sandstone belfry, rising to 45 meters, has been built from 1451 to 1455. At the time, an articulate bellringer, called Jacquemart hit the hours. Two fires had to ravage the monument: one in 1655, the other, for the 1st birthday of the victory in 1946, destroyed the whole campanile. The automatons, to the number of 4 since the XVIIè century, hammer the bells every 15 minutes: parents sound the hours, the children the quarters. They have been redone in copper in 1947. Coming with Jacquemart, Jacquette the mother, Jacqueline and Jacquelin the children, measure 1,80m and 1m of height respectively.
This tower was constructed at the end of the XIVth century, under the reign of the Duke Louis II, to the site presumed of the former dungeon of the Castle. One day, the duke who contemplated it exclaimed: " It is a beautiful tower, but it is badly combed (mal coiffée)! . This nickname had to remain him through the centuries. Initially library of the residence of the Dukes, then jail until 1984, it served to the occupant of detention place during World War II. This building, that measures 45m of top on a foundation of 15m on 20m, include 7 levels (composed each of 2 rooms) above soil and 2 levels below.
La chapelle de la Visitation
Among the numerous convents of Moulins, the one of the Visitation, constructed to the site of the Banville high school, is without dispute one of the most known. One of the founders, in 1616, is Ste-Jeanne de Chantal (she died in Moulins in 1641), grandmother of Mrs. of Sévigné. Of the first establishment, it doesn't remain anything, when Mrs. Montmorency makes rebuild the chapel and the choir of the nuns, to shelter his husband's tomb, headless in Toulouse in 1632. She orders in Paris a mausoleum, of which the plans of execution will make themselves in the shop of the brothers Anguier. This monument of marble, of pure Florentine style, will arrive in Moulins by fluvial way. She makes to achieve also, by painter Vuibert, the ceiling paints the choir of the nuns, representing scenes of the the Virgin's life.
Musée Anne de Beaujeu
Le château qui abrite aujourd'hui le Musée est le premier bâtiment attribuable à la Renaissance française.
En édifiant ce batiment à la fin du XVème siècle, Pierre et Anne de Beaujeu transforment la forteresse médiévale en un château de plaisance.
La conception de ce pavillon bordé d'arcades ainsi que son décor, sont de parfaits exemples de l'architecture du début de la Renaissance
P pour Pierre II de Bourbon (1488 - 1503) et A pour Anne de France son épouse, fille du Roi Louis XI qui édifièrent le nouveau château.
Le Duc Louis II de Bourbon (1356 - 1410) surnommé de "Bon Duc", créa l'ordre de Notre-Dame doté d'un costume orné d'une ceinture bleu ciel sur laquelle était incrite la devise "Espérance".
L'image du Cerf volant est arrivée à une date inconnue dans les emblèmes des Ducs de Bourbon, mais elle figure toujours sur le blason de la ville de Moulins.
Musée Anne de Beaujeu
Place du Colonel Laussedat
Téléphone : (33) 04 70 20 48 47
Fax : (33) 04 70 20 89 31
Email : email@example.com
The castle that shelters today the Museum is the first building attributable at the French Renaissance.
As building this building at the end of the XVth century, Pierre and Anne of Beaujeu transforms the medieval fortress in a castle of pleasure.
The conception of this pavilion edged of arcades as well as its decor, are of perfect examples of the architecture of the beginning of the Renaissance
P for Pierre II of Bourbon (1488 - 1503) and HAS for Anne of France his/her/its wife, girl of King Louis XI who built the new castle.
The Duke Louis II of Bourbon (1356 - 1410) nicknamed of " Good Duke ", created the order of Notre - Dame endowed with a costume decorated of a sky-blue belt on which was incrite the motto " Hope ".
The picture of the flying Deer arrived at one unknown date in the emblems of the Bourbon Dukes, but it always represents on the blazon of the city of Moulins.
Popular Hotels in Moulins
B&B Hotel Moulins
Parc logistique d'activites, RN7 - ZAC Des Gris, Toulon-sur-Allier, Auvergne, 03400, France