Bayeux Hotels

• LoriPori profile photo LoriPori
  • Reviews: 3120

FERME DE LA TOURETTE: GITES DE FRANCE

September 24 & 25, 1998.
As Hans and I were looking for a central location to visit Bayeux and the Normandy Coast, we found a gem in FERME DE LA TOURETTE. It was a 17th century farm where one building was dedicated to a "chambre d'hotes". We were immediately greeted by our hostess Mme LeCarpentier. Although she spoke very little English, along with our limited French, we managed to communicate.
She told us the price would be 500 francs for the two nights, which is about $120.00 CDN.

She showed us our room and I loved it right away. It was so homey and we had our own bathroom, which is a luxury. Downstairs, there was a great room with a dining table, couch, T.V. and kitchenette with a fridge and we had the whole place to ourselves.
In the morning, Mme made us an awesome breakfast with sunny-side up eggs, meats, fresh French breads and home made marmalade. We had breakfast in her own kitchen which was kind of neat.
When it was time to leave, she was right there to say good-bye with a huge hug for both of us. What a great experience!

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel
  • Written February 18, 2005

Brochure - Ferme de la Tourette

• Jmill42 profile photo Jmill42
  • Reviews: 1072

Hotel de la Gare: Train Station Hotel and Tours

First, I did not stay here. They were all booked for single rooms. However, this hotel also books their own tours through the reception, and I did book my tour here. They provided an extremely knowlegable guide, transportaion to all of the sights, and entrance into the British Museum. I can say that I truly was pleased by this tour company. Definitely worth the shot.

Rooms were about 30 Euro for a single. And they did have a little restaurant inside the hotel.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written March 9, 2004

The Hotel

• morgane1692 profile photo morgane1692
  • Reviews: 517

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel de la Gare: no-frills, provincial lodging, all you need here..

They don't call it "de la Gare" for nothing, it's directly across the gravel yard from the little gare in Bayeux. Spartan facilities and very inexpensive, but you don't come here for the Ritz now, do you?

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written September 14, 2002

it is what it is

• vichatherly profile photo vichatherly
  • Reviews: 1201

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Gite Dodo et Tartines: French Gite

This small Gite in Bayeux is in the perfect location for exploring the town. We stayed here for five nights in June 2013.

It's just around the corner from the main street. The tourist information is nearby as is the cathedral. We even walked to the CWGC cemetery.

Be aware though that the Gite has two sets of stairs to negotiate, when going to bed in the top room. It's got plenty of facilities for a small family. There were two of us with a 19 month old.

One thing we couldn't find though was a kettle, So we had to boil are water on the stove which took ages. We also could have done with the microwave oven, Just to warm the little fellas milk.

Parking can be interesting. After double parking outside our Gite, to drop the bags off, I then tried to do a circuit and see if there were any nearby spaces. I ended up a bit lost in the one way streets of Bayeux, and I was running out of diesel. I couldn't remember the street for our Gite but then I had a flash, the nearby hotel Lion D'Or ... there was a sign ... I followed ... and with a bit of a relief found our road again and I got even more fortunate in that a space appeared right outside our Gite doorway. The rules in parking were that you could park outside for a max of four hours at a time, and then you had to change the "arrive" parking display time. Needless to say I didn't move the car for a while

It was modern and clean, however I'm not sure that we'll be staying here again.

We got a bit of cabin fever, after a week, as we were babysitting every evening.

Also be aware that although reasonably priced, you're expected clean the place before you leave and are given an extensive cleaning list by landlady.

You can skip the cleaning by paying an extra €40 to the landlady. To be honest we were happy to pay the extra, as we didn't want to spend our holiday cleaning.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel
  • Written July 30, 2013

Gite Dodo et Tartines

• ABQ_Hugh profile photo ABQ_Hugh
  • Reviews: 37

La Ferme Des Perelles: Nice Farmhouse B+B near Bayeux

We spent two nights at La Ferme des Perelles during a trip to Normandy. It served as an ideal base camp for our visit.

Ideal location for visiting Normandy Nicely appointed rooms, peaceful atmosphere, friendly and attentive owners.

• Opinion of Price: about average