Novotel Bayeux

117 Rue Saint Patrice, Rond Point de Vaucelles, Bayeux, Basse-Normandie, 14400, France

Travelocity Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• iluvtrvl's Profile Photo

Clean, comfortable and family-oriented

While the Novotel wasn't my first choice, it was the choice I had. I had wanted to stay at the Hotel d' Lions, for the historic value, but alas, my delay in booking landed me at the Novotel. We had a triple room, as I was traveling with my youngest child and my father. The room was spacious, as European hotels go, with the view of the garden and pool area. The windows opened, which was great because the temperatures were perfect with cool breezes. We were in Bayeux, basing our D-Day site activities from here. The Hertz Rental car office was located a 10 minute walk from the hotel at a Shell gas station, and the hotel was located at a "round-d-round" intersection, making access to the hotel easy. It is located at the western edge of Bayeux, and a 10 minute walk will have you within the central part of the town. It is a further walk to the train station, as we learned, since taxi service is very difficult after 5:00 p.m. from the train station. We paid $84 Euro per night for our triple room.

Meals were good, service friendly.

Unique Quality: Clean, comfortable, and family oriented.

More about Novotel Bayeux

Bayeux SNCF Station to Novotel

by Cowey

Hi/Salut

I'm coming to Bayeux later this week and I literally have just an afternoon and a morning to see the sights.

The tapestry and cathedral are musts of course but is there anywhere else I should see and do. I'll be on foot.

Any recommendations for lunch?

CAnd finally, could anyone tell me how long it would take to walk from the Gare SNCF to the Novotel on the rue Saint Patrice.

Many thanks

Cowey

by ATLC

The distance by car is 2.5 kms but looking at the map you can take a bit of a short cut. Say 2+ kms.
See map:

Lunch suggestion (not budget!): Hotel Lion d'Or is a famous hotel in Bayeux. Many of the world's famous people stayed there (including me, hahaha!).
www.liondor-bayeux.fr

by ATLC

Afterthought: I just checked the menu at Le Lion d'Or. They have a lunch menu for € 20 or € 25 euro (2 or 3 course). Looks good!

by angiebabe

Bayeux is a great place to visit - loved it, especially the tapestry and the cute streets and buildings - an afternoon and morning is more time than i had from memory so lucky you!

by Cowey

many thanks for these suggestions.

Comments