Coutances Hotels

Our Members Say

• rexvaughan profile photo rexvaughan
  • Reviews: 1138

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Le Bocage: Outstanding B 'n B

On the recommendation of a friend, I contacted and booked our stay here along with a day tour of the D-Day Beaches conducted by the owner of the bed and breakfast. She did not steer me wrong. What a beautiful and warm place to stay. They only have about 4 rooms but they are comfortable, clean and lovely. I stayed in the main house which was like staying in their home, which it is. The other three of my party stayed in the “Old Stables” which is now a nice suite of two bedrooms with a nice sitting room.

Breakfast is included, served in a lovely room and Mrs. Hollands prepares it in the adjacent kitchen so it is always fresh and delicious. There is a good assortment of choices like home made granola, homemade jams, cold cuts, eggs, breads and porridge. It is only accessible by car but they can arrange transportation to and from trains in Normandy. It is a pretty convenient location for seeing some of the major sites in Normandy like the D-Day Beaches and Bayeux. Rates are pretty reasonable for France in my opinion.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written June 9, 2012
Tip Photo

The back entrance which is the one most used

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful