Place Jules Ferry, Le Havre, 76600, fr

Pont de NormandiePont de Normandie

Mt. St. MichelMt. St. Michel

Best way to Paris

by tdaydesign

We will be arriving aboard a ship in April and would like to go to Paris. What is the best way and how long is the trip? I've read posts about the train and strikes, how reliable are the trains? Is there a tour company that will pick up at the ship to go to Paris and isn't priced out of sight? Thanks for any help!!

by Beausoleil

There are trains. Depending on the particular trip you choose, it ranges from 2 hours up to 4.5 hours to get from Le Havre to Paris St. Lazare Station.

You may have to take a taxi to the train station in Le Havre but I suspect there is easily available public transportation. If you don't get an answer here, check with your cruise company. (I'm assuming you are on a cruise.)

The 4.5 hour train is via Rouen and you will probably want to avoid it. Here is the web site for the trains in English. Good luck.

Have a good trip.

by ATLC

hi Sally. What do you mean with 'avoid Rouen'?
That wonderful town?

by pfsmalo

Hi AT,

I think she meant avoid the train ride of 4.5 hours when she said that.

Ah! Understood. :-)

by Beausoleil

Indeed, that is what I meant. We love Rouen. The problem was the trip through Rouen took much longer than the others on offer. LOL

Travel Tips for Le Havre

Le Havre is NOT in Basse Normandie

by aemilys

" Le Havre is in Haute Normandie "

So I am going to use this as my VTML practice page

The instructions are sort of confusing because I am not following the rules but I am getting results for example in my Chapter title I started with % S 4 % C B to make it big and blue and then I ended with only % C * whereas the instructions say to end with two % and C and S.....

Well that was fun!!!

And now if you want to go to my real Le Havre page it is here Le Havre - UNESCO World Heritage Location

Le Havre, Caen, Bayeux, D-Day beaches

by ATLC

This page is about a part of Normandy. Rouen is a separate page.

One of the delightful harbour towns is Honfleur, roughly between Le Havre and Caen. I've put up a postcard here until I find time to put in more information.

Comments