Ibis Le Havre Sud Harfleur

Under de Pont de NormandieUnder de Pont de Normandie

ÉtretatÉtretat

Cruise Ship to CHG Airport

by pebblecreek

I'm hoping someone can help us. We will be taking a Viking Cruise from Paris to LeHavre. What would be the most economical as well as quickest way to return to the airport as we have a 5pm flight to Naples. I'm hoping that the train station is within a short cab ride, am I correct? Thank you.

Re: Cruise Ship to CHG Airport

by cubsur

Le Havre is about 2hrs 15 minutes train journey from Paris St Lazare station and a one-way ticket will cost you about 30 Euros. From St Lazare you can take the RER train to the airport, so overall the journey will be about 3hrs 30 minutes allowing for transfer to from RER line A to RER line B at Chatelet les Halles.

Train times Le Havre - Paris at www.voyages-sncf.com

RER map at http://www.ratp.info/orienter/f_plan.php?fm=gif&loc=reseaux&nompdf=rer&lang=

RER fast trains to the airport trains run every 15 minutes.

The station in Le Havre is right in the city centre and close to many of the dock basins.

Hope that helps.

Re: Cruise Ship to CHG Airport

by Sarastro

Your question is not really sufficiently clear to answer in a meaningful way.

If you are trying to reach the Le Havre airport, LEH, from the Cruise line terminal it is indeed a relatively short taxi ride.

If you are trying to reach CDG airport, you need to indicate when you will be ready to depart Le Havre. To reach CDG in time for a 5pm flight, you'll need to leave Le Havre no later than 10m. As explained, you'll take the train to Gare St. Lazare and then possibly the Metro/RER to CDG.

There is a private car service which will take you directly to CDG from Le Havre:

En route time - 3.5 hours
Fare - 680 euros

Travel Tips for Le Havre

U-N-D-E-R _______ C-O-N-S-T-R-U-C-T-I-O-N !

by DAO

"HELLO! THANKS FOR STOPPING BY !"

I am trying very hard to build up my pages and tips to benefit other travellers. You have arrived at one I have not had a chance to devote my time to yet.

This is a great destination! Please do visit!

Do you need some information about it? Please email me or leave a comment below. I will answer all questions and build tips upon request!

Have a great Holiday here!

All the best,

DAO

ronin478's new Le Havre Page

by ronin478

One of my Road trips in Europe was to Normandy, specifically to Omaha Beach. I have a great Uncle who died there during the Liberation of Occupied France. He was buried at the National Cemetary there over-looking Omaha Beach. The Cemetary is a very peaceful and beautiful place, which is ironinc with the sense of Loss that occured there.

My best friends Father was also there on D-day. He was 18 years old when he stormed Omaha beach. I brought him back a few pebbles from the Beach when I returned home for Christmas. He was greatful I had been there and thought of him.

I followed the different Monuments along the road way there trying to gather as much information from the Invasion.

If you are interested in WWII history, you should go to Omaha Beach. It is off the beaten path and worth the trip. The Pill-Boxes, bunkers, Tank traps and trenches are still there, along with the History. It is very moving and emtional to see this place of importance.

Comments